Anyone remember November 29. 1998?

njbuff

I don't have to remind anyone how this game went.

But my question is................... Is this truly the day you started hating the Patriots or was it after Tom Brady became a Superstar?

For me, it was this day in 1998.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I hated them once they changed uniforms, drafted Bledsoe and started selling tickets. Before that they were hardly ever on tv and that was good for me, real good. 

remember that day well.. and those uniforms were awful.. why they would change from an iconic uni into that junk was beyond comprehension.. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That game was horrible, but The Tuck Rule game was the cake topper for me in my disdain for the patsies 

The Tuck rule to this day is one of the most obscene decisions in all of sports by an official, right up there with giving the Ruskies three trys to win the 1968 Gold Medal basketball game.

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That game was horrible, but The Tuck Rule game was the cake topper for me in my disdain for the patsies 

Yeah, I didn’t view them as a threat until that point. I was never particularly concerned about Bledsoe carrying them to championships. 

30 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually you do have to remind me how this game went.  What are we, all "Rain Men" that know what happened one November day almost 20 years ago?

I remember every minute of that day.  I woke up at 10:17 AM that morning, ate a bagel with orange juice for breakfast, then went into the bathroom &  showered, then got dressed & put on a Bills sweatshirt.  For lunch I ate a personal pizza with a 20 oz. bottle of Coke.  I turned on the TV and watched the Jets dominate Carolina and at 4 I  switched to the Bills game at NE.  I remember every play & every commercial.  I especially liked a local commercial for a car dealer where the owner dressed up like a chicken and I yelled at the screen "You look just like Pete Carroll" as I mocked the then-Patriots head coach.  Then came the hail mary and I was cursing at the TV.  I then ate dinner & watched TV before going to sleep at 11:37 PM.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The "Just give it to em" play was clearly both short and out of bounds.  Then they give them a PI in the endzone on another bad call, just brutal.  I think that cost us home field vs the Dolphins in the playoffs.