Bills website

corta765

I know a few weeks ago someone had a thread about how the Bills website was pretty blah and all. Turns out it is that way for every team. Looks like the NFL forces all teams to use the same platform which is pure garbage.

• Like (+1) 2

I have been to several teams pages in the last few years on weeks they play us...

And yeah they are all terrible. Social media has taken over. They have a page just to have a page and all the real content goes to twitter, fb, the app, and the like.

29 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I have been to several teams pages in the last few years on weeks they play us...

And yeah they are all terrible. Social media has taken over. They have a page just to have a page and all the real content goes to twitter, fb, the app, and the like.

I noticed this too.  It's happening to forums as well.  Social media is killing the in-depth exchange you can get on say car enthusiast or construction machinery forums.  

38 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

I noticed this too.  It's happening to forums as well.  Social media is killing the in-depth exchange you can get on say car enthusiast or construction machinery forums.  

True.

Unfortunately the in-depth discussion is being killed by the social media "like" system which rewards people with peer approval for controversial or "click-bait" arguments and headlines.

People don't even read articles or listen anymore... It's just wait for your turn to scream your opinion over everyone else and slam any opinion that wasn't yours.. Pretty pathetic and that's why I don't do social media, though it is creeping into forums as well.

The only other forum I regular (bladeforums.com) luckily is not like that. It is heavily moderated because people are buying and selling on there too, so there's money to support the infrastructure. Scott has done a great job here with TBD as well, but there are still droves of pathetic losers who live to feel tough by slammimg people online.

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

I know a few weeks ago someone had a thread about how the Bills website was pretty blah and all. Turns out it is that way for every team. Looks like the NFL forces all teams to use the same platform which is pure garbage.

it's been this way for a long time now.  During a Bills away trip to Denver maybe 10 years ago I met a guy at Lodos bar who said he does computer work for the team and before I could even complete my question he said words to the effect of 'yeah I know the web site sucks' and how frustrated they were when they lost a lot of their creative control

6 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

it's been this way for a long time now.  During a Bills away trip to Denver maybe 10 years ago I met a guy at Lodos bar who said he does computer work for the team and before I could even complete my question he said words to the effect of 'yeah I know the web site sucks' and how frustrated they were when they lost a lot of their creative control

Yea major bummer. I do graphic design work and some web design from time to time and it sucks to see something with the resources and potential like an NFL football team have such a subpar product.

21 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yea major bummer. I do graphic design work and some web design from time to time and it sucks to see something with the resources and potential like an NFL football team have such a subpar product.

Typically, the larger the corporation, the more their website sucks.  Especially companies that go around buying up smaller companies to integrate their products etc.

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

They also seem to have done away with Chris Brown’s Fan Friday.

9 hours ago, corta765 said:

I always thought that. A few years ago I looked at other teams and noticed what appears to be the same platform as the Bills. The NHL sites are pretty blah as well. Maybe it is to make it user friendly for all with less frills.

9 hours ago, corta765 said:

Not a function of "forcing" them to use it, but a function of all the teams banding together to benefit from using the same platform, so they don't have to deal with it on their own.

The league shares tons of things like that, where they can.