Nick O'Leary Possibly on the Bubble with Jason Croom Emerging - Jack's Grandson Released

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And it shouldn't, the coaches have access to these guys everyday.  Until I see it with my own eyes, I can only go by the information that I have.

And as Johnny said, we have no idea what the coaches are thinking with the rotations.  Is Milano in trouble because Humber is taking first team reps in his place today?

HAHAHA that was in the article too.  Milano was great last year, and I think he is in a better spot than O'Leary.  However, LB and TE are both positions we can look to improve.

16 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And my point was that O'Leary has a history of success, at the highest level of college football at least, and has shown some flashes in this league.  Which is more that can be said for the other TE's not named Clay.  That carries more weight with me than training camp reports.

Old offensive system with the two previous coordinators.  He's guaranteed nothing based on what's actually happening at camp.  If he retains his roster spot on the merits, the great if not that's the nature of the beast that is the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And it shouldn't, the coaches have access to these guys everyday.  Until I see it with my own eyes, I can only go by the information that I have.

And as Johnny said, we have no idea what the coaches are thinking with the rotations.  Is Milano in trouble because Humber is taking first team reps in his place today?

Excellent point.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Excellent point.

I think Milano is only penciled in as started

Should this continue along into the week and the game on Friday, then perhaps there is something more to this. However, the Bills love Milano and likely just needed to challenge him a bit to get a response.

The difference is between him and O'Leary is that O'Leary has been bleeding reps a lot longer.  If Milano starts taking reps back then I wouldn't worry about it.  But O'Leary seems to have some work to do to make the roster.

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What us the status of Clay, why isnt he out there?

He is. Run alot of 2 TE stuff and it has been Croom Today taking those reps

16 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

If Humber taking Milanos reps continue into multiple days like OLeary’s have then yes Milano should start worrying or upping his play. 

• Like (+1) 1

For people quoting his stats for the last 3 years, let us not forget the QB that is not here that could not find the center of the field. It might just be possible he'd have better stats with a different QB? 

I think it's too early to see what this demotion actually means. He's no lock for the 53 especaiily if the others are showing stuff in camp and the games.

• Like (+1) 1

This could also be a sign of things changing on offence around here. He was never great, just decent/good and only got alotnof attention because of his grandfather, otherwise most wouldn't care if he makes the roster or not. I dont think having him on the roster makes the team all that much better, but keeping him on the roster doesnt make the team any worse. He is upgradeable.....

2 hours ago, qwksilver said:

For people quoting his stats for the last 3 years, let us not forget the QB that is not here that could not find the center of the field. It might just be possible he'd have better stats with a different QB? 

I think it's too early to see what this demotion actually means. He's no lock for the 53 especaiily if the others are showing stuff in camp and the games.

But let's also entertain the idea that Daboll just might want more athletic TE's for his offense.  And right now those guys seem to be outperforming NO in camp.

43 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

But let's also entertain the idea that Daboll just might want more athletic TE's for his offense.  And right now those guys seem to be outperforming NO in camp.

Doesn't everyone want more athletic TE's? He was a 6th round pick for a reason. I'm just saying we don't know the reason for the demotion. Time will tell.

O'Leary may not be a lock, but I think he still has a very good chance of being on the team this year.

He played really good last year when Clay went down with the injury, and from what I've seen from his play, he does not strike me as a liability.

I'm glad that Croom is getting more reps, and it's good to hear that Thomas is improving.

Let's also remember that O'Leary was with the starters during the Panthers game, so he must be doing something good.

• Like (+1) 1