Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 14 at 8:45 AM at SJF - Closed to the Public

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Croom is going into week 1 as the No 2 TE when it is all said and done. 

And Oleary is no where on this roster

My TE Ranking right now

Clay

Croom

Thomas

O’Leary

Lee 

Towbridge 

Clay, Croom, Lee, Thomas make the team IMO

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Keep an eye on Lee too. Solid blocker and made a nice catch in the first game.

Yep and I could see Lee moving over O’Leary i. My rankings with continued solid performances. Then it comes down to the numbers if he makes the 53. 

Just now, donbb said:

Clay, Croom, Lee, Thomas make the team IMO

I could see that too. But giving O’Leary the 4th spot right now. Ask me in a week and things could change 

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I still think the loser of Peterman v McCarron gets cut. 

Josh has shown enough that if he doesnt start he is the No 2. 

Not a chance. The Bills are not rolling with McCarron/Peterman and Allen. Don't forget Joe Webb III was an experienced 3rd QB. There is no one like that on the Bills now.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ugh. This freakin' guy.

Always a huge gamble to sign a guy coming off a major injury to a big, multi-year contract. So far not so good.

It isnt a big multi year contract. It is a 4M cap hit this year and they can walk away at the end of the year at a cap savings. So really it was a one year prove it deal. 

Heck they could cut him now and only see a 7.8M dead cap hit. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/trent-murphy-14456/

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not a chance. The Bills are not rolling with McCarron/Peterman and Allen. Don't forget Joe Webb III was an experienced 3rd QB. There is no one like that on the Bills now.

Doesnt matter a majority of the league roles with two QBs. Why do Bills need three?

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

It isnt a big multi year contract. It is a 4M cap hit this year and they can walk away at the end of the year at a cap savings. So really it was a one year prove it deal. 

Heck they could cut him now and only see a 7.8M dead cap hit. 

Doesnt matter a majority of the league roles with two QBs. Why do Bills need three?

Insurance in case a starter goes down. Don't most teams have an inactive 3rd QB?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Insurance in case a starter goes down. Don't most teams have an inactive 3rd QB?

Nope a majority of NFL teams carry TWO QBs into the season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/majority-of-the-league-going-with-just-two-quarterbacks/amp/

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Have you seen this O-Line?  They are all cheap (2 rookie contracts and a very manageable AJM contract).  They won't release any of them - and shouldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MTBill said:

Have you seen this O-Line?  They are all cheap (2 rookie contracts and a very manageable AJM contract).  They won't release any of them - and shouldn't.

What was wrong with the OL. Did Peterman face alot of hits??  Again just stating a majority of teams carry only 2 QBs. 

So yes I will continue to say if Allen keeps progressing then the loser of McCarron and Peterman should be cut for another roster spot at a position that could use an extra player in 

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If all three are playing well in the Pre-season you hold onto them.  They have value as trade bait later in the year when teams have an injured starter and we hold a better quality replacement.  All three of our QB's are relatively cheap by QB standards too.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

First WR set was KB, Zay and Kerley....

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think this is what we'll see in week 1 at Baltimore.

While certainly plausible and a strong possibility for sure, I actually think this could also look quite a bit different as well...a healthy KB is the unquestioned WR1 obviously.  WR battle is now bunched up from 2 to 5 IMO and its going to be interesting to watch it unfold.

But, 2 guys I think can really throw the WR order a curve ball are Coleman and Streater.  If Coleman can grasp the offense quickly, and sounds like he is putting the work in, he has the tool set to cease the spot opposite KB, and honestly, that would be the best thing for the Bills IMO as he can stretch the field better than Zay.  I still like Zay and think he can bounce back this year, but he will have to earn that spot and he and Coleman are both joining Camp about the same time, so they are close to equal ground.  

Streater was one of the standouts of last years camp before he got hurt and been having another strong camp and thought he looked good in Thursdays game too.  I think he has more upside than Kerley personally.  So wouldn't surprise me to see the depth chart end up like one of these two:

KB, Coleman, Zay, Streater, Kerley

KB, Coleman, Streater, Zay, Kerley

Or one darkhorse scenario, albeit a low one, could see Streater move up to #2 to open the season if he has an overall camp like last year and Coleman and Zay just don't show get up to speed enough over the next couple of weeks.  Andre Holmes can also make some noise if he can have a big camp, but right now I think those 5 guys are the more than likely top 5 guys on the roster come week 1.   

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2