Cleveland Plain Dealer Beat Writer Comments on Corey Coleman Today

Irv

55 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I hope you're right.  He has the athletic gifts but from comments I've read doesn't apply himself to learning routes, etc.  

The Browns drafted him knowing he had very limited knowledge of route running from the Baylor progam.  Then they seemed to say, "hey this is the NFL, we don't have to teach that skill here."  

And they wonder why they've been 1-31?   That's on Jackson, IMO, And how he still has a job is a mystery to me.   If a player "doesn't apply himself" its up to the coaching staff to make sure he does.   Its called accountability.   Unfortunately for Browns fans,  I don't think anyone in the organization (including Dorsey) knows what that means...

Edited by Lurker

Just now, Lurker said:

The Browns drafted him knowing he had very limited knowledge of route running from the Baylor progam.  Then they seemed to say, "hay this is the NFL, we don't have to teach that skill here."  

And they wonder why they've been 1-31?   That's on Jackson, IMO, And how he still has a job is a mystery to me.   If a player "doesn't apply himself" its up to the coaching staff to make sure he does.   Its called accountability.   Unfortunately for Browns fans,  I don't think anyone in the organization (including Dorsey) knows what that means...

Like I said, I hope McD gets him going.  I am just not optimistic it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

Assuming he did have a sense of entitlement, perhaps being dumped by the worst team in the league will serve as a wake-up call.

Trading a 7th for him was a low-risk, high-potential reward.

Edited by WhoTom

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Umm, yes I have.  I think we'll have Benjamin, Jones, Holmes, Streeter, Reilly, and RayRay. 

4 hours ago, ALF said:

I just hope a fresh start for Coleman works out. Beane is betting $3.5M on him to succeed. 

It seems to me that he was brought in to be a top 4 receiver.  You don't take on 3.5 million in dead money for a guy you plan

on cutting. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me that he was brought in to be a top 4 receiver.  You don't take on 3.5 million in dead money for a guy you plan

on cutting. 

I agree he was brought in to be that.  I disagree that he will ultimately be that.

5 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

Referring to a player as being entitled is just fancy way of blaming them for poor coaching and stupid personnel decisions.

Right-o.  Good coaching fixes everything.  So, why isn't Dareus still on the Bills?

3 hours ago, eball said:

Umm, probably not.  Have you seen the Bills' WR room?

My thought exactly.  He'll stick with the Bills for 2018 simply because we don't have anybody better than him ... although if the Bills scour the waiver wire after final roster cut down, that may not remain true.

I can only imagine that the local press in Cleveland had to find some set of reasons for this trade.  What have the Bills lost if the guy doesn’t pan out?  A seventh rounder - who cares?  If the guy does consistently play up to his athleticism and potential then the Bills got a steal.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JP's Voice said:

Thanks for posting. I am fine with giving up a 7th in 2020 for a guy who has potential. Hope he can turn it around in Buffalo with a QB who can find him deep. As for coming to Cleveland, which school did you drop off your kids at? JCU or CWSU? Both great schools for their respective fields.

Actually went through Cleveland on my way to Tiffin. Daughter a Freshman on the soccer team.  Brother-in-Law was prof at Case.  Very good school.    

18 hours ago, SoTier said:

Right-o.  Good coaching fixes everything.  So, why isn't Dareus still on the Bills?

Would you be motivated to play for the Cleveland Browns if you were their #1 pick at reciever after watching them pass on Carson Wentz?

2 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

Would you be motivated to play for the Cleveland Browns if you were their #1 pick at reciever after watching them pass on Carson Wentz?

Isn't your statement a perfect example of a "sense of entitlement" ....justifying why some idiot throws away a rare career opportunity simply because the specific job situation doesn't meet his standards?

Edited by SoTier

59 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Probably about the same fans said about Sammy Watkins.... "Jordan Matthews is better." 

You'll have to remind me of all the fans who said that.  And, by the way, Sammy wasn't traded for a bag of chips.