Cover1 breaks down Allen's last drive against the Panthers

HappyDays

9 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Release a guy that caught a 60 yrd bomb and barely missed another that was just out of his grasp? Slightly better throws and we have two TDs.

You did see him blow by two veteran CBs, right?

Yep. But did you see the play where he stopped running? No quitters. Maybe I was being a little harsh but he's an udfa and I don't think he can afford to do that.

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

i'm ecstatic about Josh Allen rn

I agree that looked like a 4th and goal gamewinning desparation throw touchdown. Great TD, but he was jonesing to score on that play a little too much when I

m pretty dure some good DBs.. Chris Harris Jr. would have intercepted that.

Whatever. Loved his play. Didn't evaluate everybody's QBR, but Josh Allen just looked head and shoulders more talented by a mile.

This is the stupidest post in this thread. Yeah, and if Dick Butkus had been playing, Allen probably woulda been sacked. Good thing Ronnie Lott wasn't playing, either. 

!@#$ing hell.

Can we lock this puppy up now? When this is the kind of post we get, it's time to end it. 

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Shaw.  Most don't understand that a well designed NFL passing offense is designed to have WRs come open at different times as the QB naturally scans his way across the field.  The QB goes through his progressions, either left to right, or shot to deep.  If a WR on the opposite side of the field happens to be open, it makes little difference as the QB's progression is designed to take his eyes there...yet.  The really successful NFL QBs read their designed progression and make the throw in a split second....just like Allen did.

Thanks, Deek.  

And one other thing about that play.  People are saying it was a bad decision because the window was small.  Well, as others have said, if he can make the throw consistently, he's supposed to throw it.  

It's the same as saying Steph Curry makes a bad decision when he shoots from 30 feet.  Yes, that's a bad shot for most other guys to take, but it isn't a bad shot for Curry.  

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks, Deek.  

And one other thing about that play.  People are saying it was a bad decision because the window was small.  Well, as others have said, if he can make the throw consistently, he's supposed to throw it.  

It's the same as saying Steph Curry makes a bad decision when he shoots from 30 feet.  Yes, that's a bad shot for most other guys to take, but it isn't a bad shot for Curry.  

That was the Tyrod's main problem. He didn't work the designed progressions fast enough. So by the time he was ready to make the throw, the progressions would have already passed him by and he was left to scramble to the sideline. (I'm also guessing the Bills passing routes were not well designed to come up in the sequential orders like I suggested.)