Will McBeane be able to find a stud #1WR that fits the process(*future, not referring to this season*)?

I'm already thinking ahead to the future and not worrying too much about what happens this season because we obviously still have some glaring holes.  Number 1 is WR and I think everybody would agree on that.  Part of me is nervous though if there will be any truly elite WR's that will also fit the personality traits McDermott and Beane stress.  I say that because WR's are the biggest divas in the entire NFL, even the majority of the greats at that position.  I know there are some exceptions but this is one position where I really hope we don't get scared off from trying to draft a highly skilled receiver if he doesn't fit the criteria 100%...with Allen's arm and a legit deep threat that could be dangerous!  Has anybody else given this any thought or familiar with what big time receiver's are coming out of the draft next year and if you think they will be an ok fit here personality wise(not a huge college football guy so I'm not familiar with any of them at the moment)

I actually think KB will be good if he can get some support. I think a fast speedster and a big pass catching TE could be what we need. This offense is based on creating mismatches. We need different type receivers to create those matchups. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Resign KB next year, and draft someone in the 1st.

We need to see whether we think KB is a #1 receiver when the season is over.   He looked good in the first preseason game, but, if he is hurt again.....reminds me of Sammy Watkins v2.0  as he missed a lot of games in Carolina.  Performance, duribility, chemistry...all play into determining if Bills will give KB the 16-18 mil a season it might take to retain him.  Sammy got 54 over 3 years in KC I think.  As for drafting a wr as #1, most can't play that well the first year.  AJ Green and JJones in Atlanta being notible recent exceptions to that rule.  By all means, pickup another AJ Green type....he was #4 or 5 the year we took Darius.

KB needs to stay healthy.

i absolutely expect us to draft a wr high or pay a free agent.  I think we pay KB if he stays healthy. Whether or not we pay another WR or draft another high depends on the development of Zay, Coleman and ray ray.  You never know.  This current stable of WRs COULD be our until next year too

now that beane has made the move for Colemen we gotta see how this group this year works out.....

If by chance the group of KB, Colemen, Zay, a guy like Kerley makes contributions I would like to see one more offensive threat and then invest heavily into offensive linemen this next year.......

but as always.....we can spend as much as we want....ultimate success will depend on how well we draft

I could see the Bills taking a run at the kid at UB or the Ole Miss kid. Those guys have high ceilings. They are probably going to bring back Benjamin but he’s not a good #1 IMO. If you could add a guy with similar talent and more speed you could be really good at the position.

As most have said a healthy KB should get a contract from us.  Then I'd make a hard push for Golden Tate if he gets to free agency.   Tate is durable and the NFL's best YAC.  

If I can't get Tate, I then go after Rishard Matthews.  

I keep a very close eye on TE Eifert and how he plays after his injury.  

Edited by White Linen
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If KB stays healthy. Resign him. Cost is likely going to be 12-14M per year on him. 

Draft a WR early as well. 

The young guy is relatively cheap until Kelvin is gone. I could see it going that way. My biggest concern is KB staying 100% in the game if he gets the big money. He’s had some....not 100% years. 

Use the franchise tag on KB.  They can tag him for two more years.  He is super talented but no one knows the long term knee issues he may have.  He may be fine but they only need two more years out of him.  They have two drafts and two FA periods to replace him while he is still controlled by the team.  I can't think of another player that would be tag worthy in the next two years.  

I would be ok with a WR in FA or in round 2-3.  But next year #1 needs to be the top OLB available.  Even if they add an OLB in FA they should still draft another OLB in the first round.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

The young guy is relatively cheap until Kelvin is gone. I could see it going that way. My biggest concern is KB staying 100% in the game if he gets the big money. He’s had some....not 100% years. 

That isn't big money anymore.