Kyle throws punches at Jordan Mills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jordan Mills WYD?

Just tell me this:  did Mills successfully block Kyles punches?

19 minutes ago, hemma said:

Mills is doing something that should be reserved for actual games.

My guess is punching high on the chest/close to the throat.

Probably happened more than once.  Maybe a buncha.

That would be my guess.  Probably can't block them so he's resorting to stuff that should be reserved for actual opponents

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Once when I was a platoon leader in the army stationed in Korea, some of my soldiers got into a barroom fight with a group of soldiers from another battalion.

To my surprise, my battalion found out and - after questioning me about my involvement - firmly told me something like, "Lieutenant, that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It can't happen again."

Duly reprimanded, I crisply replied "Yes, sir" and was happy to be let out so easily.

Then in a low, conspiratorial tone of voice, he asked.  "Just tell me one more thing: did you and your guys win?"  

I paused for a moment wondering if I should tell him the unadulterated truth.  I decided to go for it.  "Sir, we kicked their freaking asses," I replied in my most professional army officer voice.

"Good!" he erupted.  "Today's  army is too damn soft!  Understand that I have to admonish you not to let this happen again.  But, goddamit, this is a violent profession and we need men who aren't afraid of a scuffle!"  

Football is also a violent profession that requires men who aren't afraid of a scuffle.  

Yep^

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Once when I was a platoon leader in the army stationed in Korea, some of my soldiers got into a barroom fight with a group of soldiers from another battalion.

To my surprise, my battalion found out and - after questioning me about my involvement - firmly told me something like, "Lieutenant, that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It can't happen again."

Duly reprimanded, I crisply replied "Yes, sir" and was happy to be let out so easily.

Then in a low, conspiratorial tone of voice, he asked.  "Just tell me one more thing: did you and your guys win?"  

I paused for a moment wondering if I should tell him the unadulterated truth.  I decided to go for it.  "Sir, we kicked their freaking asses," I replied in my most professional army officer voice.

"Good!" he erupted.  "Today's  army is too damn soft!  Understand that I have to admonish you not to let this happen again.  But, goddamit, this is a violent profession and we need men who aren't afraid of a scuffle!"  

Football is also a violent profession that requires men who aren't afraid of a scuffle.  

True. But it also requires men who can use intelligence to employ the best possible strategy. It's a combined effort. Violent people mixed with those who have self control and calculation in battle. 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for the story. That's a mic drop post IMO. 

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Mills is listed at 316 pounds. 

I wonder how much he would weigh if he actually got in shape.

jordan-mills-of-the-buffalo-bills-smiles

I'd suggest he be power slammed through a burning table, but there isn't a forklift in WNY capable of such a feat.

Edited by Irv