Kyle throws punches at Jordan Mills

YoloinOhio

Once when I was a platoon leader in the army stationed in Korea, some of my soldiers got into a barroom fight with a group of soldiers from another battalion.

To my surprise, my battalion found out and - after questioning me about my involvement - firmly told me something like, "Lieutenant, that kind of behavior is unacceptable.  It can't happen again."

Duly reprimanded, I crisply replied "Yes, sir" and was happy to be let out so easily.

Then in a low, conspiratorial tone of voice, he asked.  "Just tell me one more thing: did you and your guys win?"  

I paused for a moment wondering if I should tell him the unadulterated truth.  I decided to go for it.  "Sir, we kicked their freaking asses," I replied in my most professional army officer voice.

"Good!" he erupted.  "Today's  army is too damn soft!  Understand that I have to admonish you not to let this happen again.  But, goddamit, this is a violent profession and we need men who aren't afraid of a scuffle!"  

Football is also a violent profession that requires men who aren't afraid of a scuffle.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 5

One thing people forget about Mills is that he is only 27 and already in his 6th year.

I thought he was a lot better last year and looked pretty good Thursday.

Maybe Meatballs pissed because Mills isn't as easy to beat anymore,you really have to work to get around him.

Just Boys being Boys.....or Bills being Bills... what ever you prefer.

Also nice to see Meatball still has some fire in him after 12 years ;)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

One thing people forget about Mills is that he is only 27 and already in his 6th year.

I thought he was a lot better last year and looked pretty good Thursday.

Maybe Meatballs pissed because Mills isn't as easy to beat anymore,you really have to work to get around him.

Just Boys being Boys.....or Bills being Bills... what ever you prefer.

Also nice to see Meatball still has some fire in him after 12 years ;)

Kyle is unlikely to throw punches over the line of scrimmage battles.

Mills is also unlikely to have improved his PP that much either.

Blanket party for Jordan on order.

and yes

I don't care for him

It is interesting that most of the camp fights so far have involved Jordan Mills.  I get that fights can happen, and it is a sign of the intensity of the practice, but you'd expect that the fights would be spread among multiple players instead of always involving one particular guy.  I'm guessing he's either doing an awful lot of trash talking or he;s using some questionable (dirty) techniques in his blocking and has been able to get away with it.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

People complain when a lineman is soft, say he should be tougher and have a "mean streak".

People complain when a lineman is getting into scuffles in camp because he's fired up and causing a ruckus.

People will always find something to complain about.

You realize you just complained about people complaining too much, right?

:lol:

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jordan Mills WYD?

Mills isn’t good enough to get into fights all the time in TC.

maybe Kyle knocked some talent into him 

Is it the unspoken hatred between Louisiana State and Louisiana Tech?