Harrison Phillips Dedicated His 1st Sack to Pancho Billa

One of the supposed knocks on him was that he wasn't a good pass rusher.  I never quite understood that criticism of him, not only did he statistically get a bunch of sacks but I watched lots of his videos of those sacks and he would absolutely demolish his guy similar to what we just saw on this one.  He has a very strong initial punch that pushes back lots of these guys and seems to have great hands in loosening himself up to get by the O - lineman he goes up against.  

Once again, I believe the critics will be wrong about this and he will end up being at some point in the coming years a 6-10 sack guy a year.

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

One of the supposed knocks on him was that he wasn't a good pass rusher.  I never quite understood that criticism of him, not only did he statistically get a bunch of sacks but I watched lots of his videos of those sacks and he would absolutely demolish his guy similar to what we just saw on this one.  He has a very strong initial punch that pushes back lots of these guys and seems to have great hands in loosening himself up to get by the O - lineman he goes up against.  

Once again, I believe the critics will be wrong about this and he will end up being at some point in the coming years a 6-10 sack guy a year.

I think the knock on him was that he lacks burst, but I think his understanding of leverage will be a great advantage to him and make up for what he lacks.

Let me be the one to point out... I know everyone loves this kid and so do I, and I know everyone wants him to be a Kyle Williams type...

but Harrison has specifically asked to stop being compared to Kyle and being called little Kyle or mini meatball... he wants to be Harrison Phillips...

lets let him be Harry because there is only 1 Kyle Williams and he doenst want to be him... he wants to be a Harrison Phillips, All Pro DT

• Like (+1) 6