Why is bob Foster still on the team?

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...maybe I'm having yet ANOTHER senior moment, but I thought there were plenty of kudos early on in practice about this kid.....think there was a "WHO IS YOUR DARK HORSE(S) TO MAKE THE TEAM thread and many mentioned Wallace AND Foster, a/k/a the 'Bama Connection with Daboll......what the hell happened??...

Pads went on and he disappeared 

Hasn’t been good for a while

• Like (+1) 1

...maybe I'm having yet ANOTHER senior moment, but I thought there were plenty of kudos early on in practice about this kid.....think there was a "WHO IS YOUR DARK HORSE(S) TO MAKE THE TEAM thread and many mentioned Wallace AND Foster, a/k/a the 'Bama Connection with Daboll......what the hell happened??...

HE can't catch clean...double clutches a lot.  Undrapsfted for a reason.  He isn't even practice squad material unless they think they can fix that.   Brandon Riley is more likely the practice squad receiver again this year as he is still elgible and a lot more polished than Foster.  Always worth a shot looking at the undrafted....and, perhaps, they have an idea how to fix the drops, but I doubt it.

...damn.....talk about blowing an opportunity........probably baseless speculation, but I wonder if he was asinine enough to take the "Daboll 'Bama Connection" for granted?....

0 chance as an UDFA

that would have been the dumbest decision of his life

• Like (+1) 1

Because they need camp bodies

Because KB should not dress until the season opener

Because he has speed

Because guy 3-10 are basically the same.  None of them will matter.  One of them needs to catch punts unless they ask a DB or two to do it.  Maybe the # 3 WR will get 25 catches.  Otherwise the 1.5 per game.  #4 and #5 will likely have less than 15 catches combined the entire year.

29 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

It was one game.  He was open deep at least  twice and barely missed the big play.  Those connect and we're talking about how awesome he is. 

..despite those two plays, majority here are assigning failing grades for dogging it, alligator arms, etc...last I read is that "McD's doghouse" has no running water, toilet paper or A/C...sounds like where the kid is headed until his UBER ride shows up....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..despite those two plays, majority here are assigning failing grades for dogging it, alligator arms, etc...last I read is that "McD's doghouse" has no running water, toilet paper or A/C...sounds like where the kid is headed until his UBER ride shows up....

I'll give him more than one game.

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's really too bad because he has shown the ability to create separation and get open. Unfortunately his lackluster effort, hands and not being where he's supposed to be may very well seal his fate.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Why he was invisible at Bama...

Don't know, I don't follow the Tide. Maybe for reasons I mentioned above. On his first deep run he had defender beat and caught it. Second deep ball he had his defender toasted. He's got ability, too bad he can't put it together. I wouldn't cut him just yet, he's shown more than Proehl and we're not exactly deep at the position.

Edited by billsbackto81

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Because it’s only 1 preseason game, he is a rookie, and they will give him a longer look.  With Coleman here now it’s going to be hard for any rookies to make the team at WR, but they are gonna at least give them a good look before cutting.  If one performance led to being cut, Peterman would be a grocery bagger right now hoping to be next Kurt Warner story.  

In no no particular order, WRs most likely will be:

KB, Coleman, Zay, Streeter, Holmes, Kerley for the first 6.  So everyone else is playing for likely one ST spot at WR and only if they keep 7.  And Ray Ray certainly has a leg up on Foster already, not to mention the other guys competing in the mix.  They could carry 7, but I doubt it, so hard for rookies to make this team unless they are playing really well IMO.

If Reilly doesn't make this team it would be a Greek tragedy . Kids doing everything right.

• Like (+1) 1