My Current 53

RPbillsfan

18 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Why? It is a long, grueling season. All 3 are cheap and we are still evaluating them as well. Dollars to donuts all three stay.

Theres no need to especially if Allen doesn’t win the starting job. You’d just be taking reps away from him in practice. 

Ultimately, I think AJM wins the starting job and Peterman gets cut.

26 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Theres no need to especially if Allen doesn’t win the starting job. You’d just be taking reps away from him in practice. 

Ultimately, I think AJM wins the starting job and Peterman gets cut.

Good point with reps in practice. I dont know if the Bills will give up on Peterman yet. You have to give him a chance to be a solid number 2 behind Allen- time will tell right? We will all know in a few weeks- cheers!

Kyle Williams FB2

Need a 4th RB for special teams and Cadet would work. Don't need 4 TEs. 

Practice squad figures into the equation for numbers kept on the 53. Can go with 8 OLs if there is a 9th they can stash on PS.

I love the annual hand wringing about the WRs. I think this is at least the 3rd year in a row people lament cutting the 6th, 7th or 8th WR when the hope is none of them ever play. Then the years they do suit up they are not ready and then it's why are the back ups so bad. The best WR scenario is that Coleman and Zay come through and those two with Benjamin and Kerley are a solid group of 4.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think safety is one is one of the strongest spots on the roster. You kept 5 of them and then said you wanted to improve there? If you meant CB I would agree. The depth there is scary.

Could they trade them for late round picks ?

24 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Good point with reps in practice. I dont know if the Bills will give up on Peterman yet. You have to give him a chance to be a solid number 2 behind Allen- time will tell right? We will all know in a few weeks- cheers!

He’s getting his chance now. If he’s not good enough to start then he’s on the outside looking in. I’m not concerned about who the backup is at this point. The only thing that matters is giving Allen the best chance to develop. I think having 3 QBs on the 53 man roster is a hinderance to that development.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Could they trade them for late round picks ?

I could see a player for player trade like the one where we traded Chris White for Thad Lewis. Maybe they use a QB, a receiver or DL to try to get a CB? 

How about something like Adolphus Washington for Mackensie Alexander? The Vikings have crazy CB depth and could use another interior DL. Washington would probably crack their 2 deep and with the addition of Mike Hughes, Alexander is their 4th or 5th CB. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Croom stays. Cut the project who hasn't developed in 2 years. 

I do think Boettger has a real chance of making it though on the OL. Either as a 9th man kept or instead of Newhouse. 

A definite option.

9 OL could be in the mix.  Definitely need more preseason games to evaluate OL.

2 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

If Shady plays 16 games it’s hard to rationalize keeping 3 guys behind him. Ivory barring injury is in. It’s Cadet Vs Murphy for the third back in my opinion. For you Murphy bandwagon jumpers don’t forget he was on the roster when they signed Ivory to a 2.5 Million totally guaranteed contract. TTP ?

It’s easy to justify. Daboll uses lots of two back sets. Murphy and Cadet can both play special teams and we definitely don’t need 7 WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

Good projection.  I don't see them carrying 7 WR and 4 TE.  It will be 5 and 3.  That opens up another couple RBs.  After Shady, I think they will unfortunately keep Ivory and DiMarco and then 2-3 more RB's.  The 53rd spot will probably be a toss up between #6 WR or # 6 RB.  It may come down to how fast Zay and Coleman progress over the next two weeks.

I too would opt to carry an extra OL.  There is some developmental talent there.  It would be nice if they can find the G-C-G combo for the next few years so they can just focus on upgrading RT next year (though Mills is serviceable).

I think 10 DB's is fine.  I don't care much if it is 4DB/6S or 5/5.  I would just keep the top 10 regardless of position.  The reality is the bottom 3 are ST guys at best.  

As for QB, I would keep 3 or trade Peterman.  Either is fine with me.  If 19 teams went with 2 QB that means 13 didn't so definitely not out of the question.  The reality is if AJ or Peterman start and stink, then the season is lost and they will just play Allen.  Therefore they really don't need a third QB.  That said, QB's get injured all the time and either AJ or Peterman might fetch a draft pick or an OLB down the road.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know much about him but he played some last year(in every game it said). He can’t be terrible. Washington, to me, just gets pushed around. He’s never been the guy that he could have been. Additionally, the Bills can kick Shaq inside on passing downs. He was effective at Clemson doing that.

I agree on moving Shaq inside. That love dude tho really made an impression on me. Read his bio and think he could be this year's diamond. I could see him and Eddie 2nding the ends. Idk

• Like (+1) 1