Chad Kelly looked great last night.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:04 AM, Mr. WEO said:

For the bicep tat alone, no.

Anyway,  Elway is all in on Keenum.

I love that Bicep Tattoo lol

Elway is all in on Keenum as long as Keenum steadies the offense.  If Keenum resembles LA Rams Keenum, the leash wont be very long and he wont be all in on him anymore.  Not saying Chad Kelly is on his heels to start by any means, but Keenum is far from a sure thing, he has to show last year was no fluke.  If he does, he will certainly have a longer leash moving forward.  But right now, he's got a mostly bad resume with one surprise year, and lucky for Keenum that surprise year is his most recent body of work so he got paid off it.  

I thought the Bills would have taken Kelly personally, and I thought they should have and still do.  Personally, I don't really care right now in terms of the Bills because I love Allen as our prospect, but I can honestly say I would rather have Chad (instead of NP) battling AJM to start or be the BU to Allen right now because I remain quite skeptical NP has a good enough arm to have sustained success as a starter in the league.  Once teams get some tape on NP,  I think they will time his below average arm too easily.  Not to mention, he hasn't shown to be able to handle pressure in the pocket well either.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, Fadingpain said:

He did a lot of good and a lot of bad.

He was often late to decide what to do and throw the ball.  That led to an easy pick at one point.

He tended to lock onto his target before throwing, again making it easy for DBs to know where the ball was going.

Arm strength seems suspect.  Not horrible, but could be stronger.

He showed an over-eagerness to pull the ball down and run.  Though when he did, he often ran for some nice yardage. 

No doubt he is a scrapper and gamer type player, but I think he lacks the tools to be a good QB at the NFL level.

Great analysis. He’s an exciting player to watch. Unfortunately, he’s the type of guy who makes one bad play for every good play. He can go from looking like Peyton Manning one play, to looking like JaMarcus Russell the next. He’s a high risk/high reward style QB. Today’s NFL isn’t particularly geared toward that style QB. The elite QB’s in today’s NFL do a remarkable job with ball security. 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, The Bills Blog said:

Really passed the eye test and looked like the best quarterback Denver has. Fans loved it also and were chanting "Kelly, Kelly." Could it happen?

As a non Kelly fan, at least in Buffalo as think his uncle's shadow and local temptations not best for him, his highlights impressed me. Yet I can't see him beating out Case Keenum, at least this season, but he could beat out Lynch for the backup job in Denver and after that who knows. 

Good point by Brooks. I’m glad Kelly has done well and he deserves a chance. He’s got some ability, though it’s sometimes overstated on this board ( and underrated at times , to be fair). I recall Mayock during that combine/ draft cycle talking about Kelly and saying he felt he had 2nd round talent. He also said the off field concerns and injury would push him lower than that. I’d still say that was probably the most accurate assessment of CK potential. I hope it works out for him. 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:11 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty good performance overall with two TDs and one Int.  Should have had another TD with a drop in the EZ by one of his guys, but also had a pick six dropped. 

The stats look nice.  I’m surprised at how much of his body he’s putting into every throw.  I thought a strong arm was supposed to be one of his selling points.

It looks to me as though he’s still throwing to college-open windows and might have a lot more picks against 1st string pass coverage, but I could be wrong

That said I wish him the best.  

I felt like Kelly looked quite good vs. the competition he faced. Nice live arm and good accuracy. I thought he showed that he has learned from some of the flaws you guys are regurgitating from his college years. Those bad habits only showed themselves on a couple to a few throws. Not half of them. He's got a shot at developing. If he can put it together 2 weeks in a row that will bode well for him.

17 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

As a non Kelly fan, at least in Buffalo as think his uncle's shadow and local temptations not best for him, his highlights impressed me. Yet I can't see him beating out Case Keenum, at least this season, but he could beat out Lynch for the backup job in Denver and after that who knows. 

I believe it was Tim Graham who said the Bills had no interest in Chad for those same reasons.  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:blink:

Bucky Brooks = one of the worst draft picks in Bills history