Josh Rosen vs Josh Allen: Game 1 Comparison

On 8/12/2018 at 5:35 AM, JoPar_v2 said:

Terrible accuracy... should have been picked off a couple of times.  That one good pass to the left side of the field the player didn't get both feet in bounds.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont suppose it would be out of line to just wish Rosen well in Arizona and just proceed on with our own team?

...hell, if they ALL succeed, we could have some interesting, competitive head-to-head matchups on any given Sunday like the Class of '83.....

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ha 53 and 56.... none of the others even came close to that. 

7 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Terrible accuracy... should have been picked off a couple of times.  That one good pass to the left side of the field the player didn't get both feet in bounds.

It’s really hard to say that with anticipation throwers unless you are positive the WRs are doing exactly what they should be. 

I belive there is a huge drop off going down the depth chart of WRs as far as being where they should be when they should. 

YE OLE was as disappointed as anyone when we drafted Allen. Then YE, like most, went through the usual stages of that thing we do as fans and start justifying it. Eventually YE OLE came around to thinking he may turn out. 

All of that said, Josh Allen legitimately makes throws that a vast majority of other QBs cannot make in their wildest dreams. More so than even YE OLE believed at the start of this draft process.

Of of course this was preseason... but his ability to make certain throws is what it is regardless. The TD pass was ridiculous and that’s just a throw that isn’t attempted. MCCLOUD III was not open. We’ve all watched it over and over... YE OLE still has no idea how Allen got that ball in there. He’s also much quicker on his feet than I realized. I know what the combine numbers were and he was certainly billed as a pretty mobile guy, but he exceeded my expectations there. 

The thing that has moved the bar for me the most is simply the fact of how good his good throws are. The bad throws will probably always be present in his game to some extent, but I’m now of the mind that it might not matter.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, BB@Shooter said:

What I don't understand is when people say Allen played with the 3,s, so he faced crappier defenses. How do you know that was the case? Some teams are deeper than others. Carolina had a deep defense. And when you play with a weak 3rd and 4th string, how does that help you overcome a lack of talent? I feel you have no real theory to go off of. Just my opinion. No way you can evenly compare quarterbacks. Why even try? We won't know how Allen would have done against another teams 1,'s , simply because he never got the chance. So why try to even compare. There is no fair way to make your point. It was obvious Allen looked like he was back at Wyoming playing with players who lacked talent. The thing I did notice was that he was more mature and looked like he has been learning on the go. But there is no way to compare qb''s as they were all playing with different talent. On offense and defense. I felt Carolinas 3rd string defense was much better than the Bills 3rd string defense. And the Bills 3rd string O-line was atrocious. And watching some of the Bills receivers quit on plays when Allen was scrambling should get them cut. No reason for that at this level. There is just no way of comparing apples to oranges. You can try, but it won't work. And I understand that it is your opinion and I respect that, but also disagree with it.

tl;dr
:lol: :lol: 

You can try to justify why JA is playing with the 3s while Mayfield, Rosen, and even Lamar Jackson got reps with the 2s, all you want. Its not gonna change anything.

I want Allen to win the QB competition. Or at least beat out pick5petermen for the back up job. I still wanna see him play with the 1s and 2s but 3rd stringers are a lot of people that wont even be in the league next year. Its short sighted to think the 3rd stringers are comparable to the 2nd stringers, even with a spike or drop in talent at some positions their still 3rd string. JA is good dont make excuses for him tho, hes good enough to not need it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

tl;dr
:lol: :lol: 

You can try to justify why JA is playing with the 3s while Mayfield, Rosen, and even Lamar Jackson got reps with the 2s, all you want. Its not gonna change anything.

I want Allen to win the QB competition. Or at least beat out pick5petermen for the back up job. I still wanna see him play with the 1s and 2s but 3rd stringers are a lot of people that wont even be in the league next year. Its short sighted to think the 3rd stringers are comparable to the 2nd stringers, even with a spike or drop in talent at some positions their still 3rd string. JA is good dont make excuses for him tho, hes good enough to not need it.

As of now he is with the 2's. And it is a process, each team gets to decide how quick to move up the rookies. If you can't nderstand a basic like that, go watch hockey.

Allen for sure. Bigger, stronger guy who is more mobile and can beat you with his arm and his feet. We all knew about his arm strength but his pocket presence and his ability to move around in the pocket was what impressed me the most. He showed good touch and his two long balls were just off the money.

18 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Did he have a prior injury to that one that required plates/pins as well like Hapless said?

There were some reports that said he was hurt in high school his sophomore year?  That story came out this year. It had never been reported while he was at Wyoming. I figured after he got the pins and screws put in he would be more conservative, not in the least. He did learn how to slide better though. There were certain teams that targeted him in college, the MWC isn't known for their great officiating. I know Allens weaknesses better than most, he seems to be cleaning them up. How Vigen got lucky and got to coach Allen and Wentz is short of amazing. I personally don't feel Vigen is good enough to coach at the level he is at. It is obvious Allen is coachable, it looks like Vigen didn't have the tools to coach him up. The best thing the coaching staff did for Allen was keep the pro set offense in. I still wonder why Vigen couldn't understand he didn't have a good offensive line at Wyoming. That his run 1st offense hurt Allen and the team as a whole.

2 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

There were some reports that said he was hurt in high school his sophomore year?  That story came out this year. It had never been reported while he was at Wyoming. I figured after he got the pins and screws put in he would be more conservative, not in the least. He did learn how to slide better though. There were certain teams that targeted him in college, the MWC isn't known for their great officiating. I know Allens weaknesses better than most, he seems to be cleaning them up. How Vigen got lucky and got to coach Allen and Wentz is short of amazing. I personally don't feel Vigen is good enough to coach at the level he is at. It is obvious Allen is coachable, it looks like Vigen didn't have the tools to coach him up. The best thing the coaching staff did for Allen was keep the pro set offense in. I still wonder why Vigen couldn't understand he didn't have a good offensive line at Wyoming. That his run 1st offense hurt Allen and the team as a whole.

Thanks no worries I know you watched him out there in college I just wondered if you had any more info on his injury history.

5 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

As of now he is with the 2's. And it is a process, each team gets to decide how quick to move up the rookies. If you can't nderstand a basic like that, go watch hockey.

It seems you cant understand English. That was not the point at all. We were saying JA played vs less competition than the others. Period. Or are you gonna say Carolinas 3rd string defense is better than 4 different teams 2nd string? Get outta here with that. JA doesnt need ur excuses. Hes good.

Respect the process.

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Thanks no worries I know you watched him out there in college I just wondered if you had any more info on his injury history.

No much to tell. He hardly ever missed a play, and took some hard hits. His 1st game at Wyoming he got hurt and had the pins put in. He then hit the weight room and bulked up. His 2016 year was huge, especially considering it was year 3 of a rebuild year. His last year was ugly. The theme was to control clock through ball control. Vigen ran it on 1st and 2nd down. And expected Allen to bail him out on 3rd down. The problem was the other team knew our plays and tendencies. Played an 8 man front. Allen was on the run most of the time. Allen needed an OC like Daboll.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:56 PM, BB@Shooter said:

Do you know the shoulder injury Allen had last year? It was a soft tissue injury. It happened on a flea flicker . He was in the process of throwing the ball when a defender hit and stretched the arm. The staff held him out of 2 and a half games as cautionary. So as not to ruin his career. He was on the sideline throwing bombs before for the Fresno State and SJSU games. If he was that injured, I don't think he would be warming up throwing deep passes before those two games. I was there for the Fresno game and saw it with my own 2 eyes. I really didn't think he would play in the bowl game to be honest. But it shows you his character that he did. He didn't want to let down his coaches, fans, and teammates. And he played in all 4 quarters of the bowl game, even though the outcome was already decided. Plus Vigen went back to his conservative play calling the 2nd half. In other words Allen went back to handing the ball off unless it was 3rd and long.

21 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

12 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

No much to tell. He hardly ever missed a play, and took some hard hits. His 1st game at Wyoming he got hurt and had the pins put in. He then hit the weight room and bulked up. His 2016 year was huge, especially considering it was year 3 of a rebuild year. His last year was ugly. The theme was to control clock through ball control. Vigen ran it on 1st and 2nd down. And expected Allen to bail him out on 3rd down. The problem was the other team knew our plays and tendencies. Played an 8 man front. Allen was on the run most of the time. Allen needed an OC like Daboll.

This is good stuff, man -- gives us insight from someone who watched Allen closely in college.  Taking all of this into consideration, it's almost a blessing Allen didn't receive the necessary coaching in college or he may not have been around for the Bills to draft!

I am glad we drafted Allen over Rosen.  Allen has the right physical attributes and seems to conduct himself perfectly with the coaches, the fans, and the press - even his response to Jalen Ramsey’s “Allen is trash” comment.

I thought he looked great in his debut, and it appears that Allen has been elevated to #2 on the depth chart for Friday’s game against Cleveland - at least, he’s been taking snaps w/the 2nd string this week.

My gut tells me the team is showcasing Peterman for a trade, that Allen will be the starter next week, and against the Ravens week one.

JMO...

19 and 0 baby!!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Senator said:

I am glad we drafted Allen over Rosen.  Allen has the right physical attributes and seems to conduct himself perfectly with the coaches, the fans, and the press - even his response to Jalen Ramsey’s “Allen is trash” comment.

I thought he looked great in his debut, and it appears that Allen has been elevated to #2 on the depth chart for Friday’s game against Cleveland - at least, he’s been taking snaps w/the 2nd string this week.

My gut tells me the team is showcasing Peterman for a trade, that Allen will be the starter next week, and against the Ravens week one.

JMO...

19 and 0 baby!!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!!!

Nice to see you, Senator!  Hope all is well!