Josh Rosen vs Josh Allen: Game 1 Comparison

I could see Rosen being the best of the top 4 QBs in a clean pocket, but the worst when under pressure. It's looking very possible that all 4 QBs will be good and they all have a decent chance to be great.

Edited by HappyDays

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could see Rosen being the best of the top 4 QBs in a clean pocket, but the worst when under pressure. It's looking very possible that all 4 QBs will be good and they all have a decent chance to be great.

Ironically I see Rosen being a Sam Bradford/Drew Bledsoe type classic pocket passer. Rosen can make all the throws and moves decently within the pocket. It is just that his mobility won't be a big factor in game plans which could hurt his ceiling. 

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Ironically I see Rosen being a Sam Bradford/Drew Bledsoe type classic pocket passer. Rosen can make all the throws and moves decently within the pocket. It is just that his mobility won't be a big factor in game plans which could hurt his ceiling. 

He seems to have good pocket mobility thus far. 

On 8/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I was more impressed with what Allen did with less in a game where we were dead on offense, not even a single first down before he came in, then he came on and quickly led 3 scoring drives and his TD was incredible pocket awareness and mobility to make that play happen after a blown block.

Not saying Rosen had a bad game, or even that you’re wrong as it’s all subjective, I just personally felt more impressed with Allen in the comparable situations.

Not for nothing, but they did take out their starting DEs before Allen came in. He did look good though. Rosen is just more polished.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Damn, what happened to NOs line? The Cardinals are like the worst rated and they just handled them easy.

On 8/18/2018 at 7:47 PM, HappyDays said:

He did complete a strike the first game with a guy holding his legs. His line in college was one of the worst and he still had top tier stats, so I'm not sure this is going to hold true. Darnold to me looks like he will struggle in that situation.

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I haven’t watched a bunch of tape from any of them, but I from what I r read, I didn’t think Allen was behind?...

I've only watched the week 2 games of the other guys (obviously I saw Allen both weeks). Based purely on their game 2 tape I'd grade Rosen and Mayfield slightly ahead of Allen who I'd have slightly ahead of Darnold. What stood out about both Rosen and Mayfield in college and is there on their pre-season films this week is just the consistency of their ball placement. They are not just accurate they are consistently very accurate. Darnold has struggled more with his accuracy than I would have expected (when not looking for a dump off) and Allen's is still hard for me to fathom. There are times when he is as accurate as Rosen and Mayfield but times when the ball is just off where it needs to be. It's about consistency and I still don't see the difference in terms of process and fundamentals between the accurate balls and the ones that are a bit off - which was my concern all the way through his college tape. The very encouraging news is there has been more of the former and less of the latter so far. Game 1 was right about where I expected Allen to be at this stage, game 2 I'd put him slightly ahead of the curve.