Josh Rosen vs Josh Allen: Game 1 Comparison

Rosen looked poised behind a horrible line and was decisive with the ball. Dropped passes galore for him. However, I think Allen showed better.

This class can really be special.

6 hours ago, bobobonators said:

He’ll break in half eventually. 

One QB broke the same shoulder twice, and re-injured it last year. The other is named Rosen. 

Can we please stop the fake narratives here? I love how we are comparing them, we absolutely should, but when our guy has an actual injury history, this comment provides nothing to the discussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Rosen looked poised behind a horrible line and was decisive with the ball. Dropped passes galore for him. However, I think Allen showed better.

This class can really be special.

One QB broke the same shoulder twice, and re-injured it last year. The other is named Rosen. 

Can we please stop the fake narratives here? I love how we are comparing them, we absolutely should, but when our guy has an actual injury history, this comment provides nothing to the discussion.

How is my narrative “fake”. Its a guess of what will happen. Much like 99.9% of the content on this board. It also happens to be an educated guess considering he has the shoulder width of a 12yr old boy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All 4?  Rosen was not impressive.  The other 3 definitely.  Means nothing, it’s one preseason game and first live action of all their careers.  But 3 yards per pass is not an impressive debut, so let’s keep it real about it.

Yes, all 4. Rosen was impressive, along with the other 3. His supporting cast did him no favors, he read the field well excepting the one glaring error, and had some very nice throws. 

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did some construction work in college.  We had a couple guys working who looked “frail” - scrawny little bodies.  We had an ex-competitive swimmer who looked like he’d be a fantastic worker - 6’3”, chiseled, big strong shoulders, cut arms, had to get special jeans to go over his quads (he said)

Guess who was still working hard at the end of the day, never injured.  Guess who was “sandbagging” halfway through the afternoon and missed time (back, shoulder, etc)

Size and bulk do not equal durability and toughness.  I believe the Navy Seals have also proven this over the years.

I will agree with size doesn't assure durability. I wrestled from 8 years old till 16 years old and had to make a choice between basketball and wrestling. I picked basketball. I hated cutting weight. I roomed with wrestlers all through college. Wrestlers come in all sizes and builds. College wrestlers are pound for pound some of the toughest athletes out there.

Not sure about your point of Navy Seals proving anything. Is there a study or something out there? I guess I have never seen anything out there saying anything about Navy Seals having slight builds. I just assumed they came in all weights and sizes. At least the ones I have been around. I hope disagreeing with you doesn't get me booted from here. I just am not seeing your point about Navy Seals. Maybe you can elaborate on it. Is there a size code for them? I have personally known some very big Navy Seals. I put myself through college with construction jobs and athletic scholarships. And later on owned a construction company, a landscaping business I started on the side. I agree, hard workers come in all shapes and sizes. I feel it is up to the individual to decide what type of worker they want to be. Same goes for athletes. Some have God given talent, and some work to improve, while some slide by because they can. I feel it is too early to judge any of the rookie quarterback's yet. There is no way to compare them straight across. They all have played their 1st game under different circumstances.  I didn't like Allen getting prejudged , and don't feel it is fair to do it to any of them. It is way too early in the process to decide.

Arizona’s O line makes ours look like the Electric Company. Rosen was grabbing snaps from his shoelaces all night. Took a pretty good beating too. Bradford will be out by Week 2 if he starts. 

Also, I don’t know what the height and weight on Rosen are but man he looks small, really small. Good looking player when had time.

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Arizona’s O line makes ours look like the Electric Company. Rosen was grabbing snaps from his shoelaces all night. Took a pretty good beating too. Bradford will be out by Week 2 if he starts. 

Also, I don’t know what the height and weight on Rosen are but man he looks small, really small. Good looking player when had time.

6'4" 226 at the Scouting Combine.  Great size for an NFL QB. 

6 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Facts. What this dude said.

I looked at both game throwa.

#1 its way too early but a lot of yall sound like u saw the stats and made ur judgement on that. Looking at all the throws tho Rosen looked decent. He had a play where he side stepped then stepped up and the pocket and made a great throw. Hes not as mobile as Allen but he sure is more accurate with the ball. Also Rosen was playing vs the 2s and Allen vs the 3s so its not that close of comparrison. You wanna root for JA thats great, we all do,  some of yall hatin on Rosen is pure homerism bias. I thought all 4 QBs did great, for where they individuallly are, in their preseason games. Even LJax hadna great 2nd PS game. Its too early to tell so enjoy the PS. And dont use BS to make urselves feel better about our pick. JA will have his time just let it ride and take that homer shlong out ur mouth.

We're Bills fans lets act like it......and put Rosen thru a table.

What I don't understand is when people say Allen played with the 3,s, so he faced crappier defenses. How do you know that was the case? Some teams are deeper than others. Carolina had a deep defense. And when you play with a weak 3rd and 4th string, how does that help you overcome a lack of talent? I feel you have no real theory to go off of. Just my opinion. No way you can evenly compare quarterbacks. Why even try? We won't know how Allen would have done against another teams 1,'s , simply because he never got the chance. So why try to even compare. There is no fair way to make your point. It was obvious Allen looked like he was back at Wyoming playing with players who lacked talent. The thing I did notice was that he was more mature and looked like he has been learning on the go. But there is no way to compare qb''s as they were all playing with different talent. On offense and defense. I felt Carolinas 3rd string defense was much better than the Bills 3rd string defense. And the Bills 3rd string O-line was atrocious. And watching some of the Bills receivers quit on plays when Allen was scrambling should get them cut. No reason for that at this level. There is just no way of comparing apples to oranges. You can try, but it won't work. And I understand that it is your opinion and I respect that, but also disagree with it.

9 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

Not sure about your point of Navy Seals proving anything. Is there a study or something out there? I guess I have never seen anything out there saying anything about Navy Seals having slight builds. I just assumed they came in all weights and sizes.

No worries, you can disagree with me (in a mannerly way) all you like.  Lots of folks do.

Put the context in it.  I was agreeing with a guy:

It's not worth building a big tizzy over.  It's well known that 75% of BUD/S trainees drop. It has been commented by some vets and from several published articles, that the biggest, studliest looking guys are often among the first to go. It's not a claim that all Seals look alike and are tiny, that's reading into it.

It's just another way of making the point that I believe it's a mistake to judge a guy's toughness or durability by his size and build.  Rosen may get injured, Allen may get injured, but we can't look at them from a distance and decide who's more durable based upon build.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Paulus said:

Dude, Allen was the best QB in the draft. Darnold is a close second. 

No one knows who the best QB in the draft yet. Analyzing it after one pre season game is absolute madness.

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

How is my narrative “fake”. Its a guess of what will happen. Much like 99.9% of the content on this board. It also happens to be an educated guess considering he has the shoulder width of a 12yr old boy. 

I don't know how many 6'4 12 year olds you know. But please, continue with the fake narratives. They clearly help you cope with some insecurities

13 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And some are inherently miserable and pessimistic.

And others are incredibly stupid.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

What I don't understand is when people say Allen played with the 3,s, so he faced crappier defenses. How do you know that was the case? Some teams are deeper than others. Carolina had a deep defense. And when you play with a weak 3rd and 4th string, how does that help you overcome a lack of talent? I feel you have no real theory to go off of. Just my opinion. No way you can evenly compare quarterbacks. Why even try? We won't know how Allen would have done against another teams 1,'s , simply because he never got the chance. So why try to even compare. There is no fair way to make your point. It was obvious Allen looked like he was back at Wyoming playing with players who lacked talent. The thing I did notice was that he was more mature and looked like he has been learning on the go. But there is no way to compare qb''s as they were all playing with different talent. On offense and defense. I felt Carolinas 3rd string defense was much better than the Bills 3rd string defense. And the Bills 3rd string O-line was atrocious. And watching some of the Bills receivers quit on plays when Allen was scrambling should get them cut. No reason for that at this level. There is just no way of comparing apples to oranges. You can try, but it won't work. And I understand that it is your opinion and I respect that, but also disagree with it.

They have quit on plays like that their whole life. They’ve probably never played with a QB that could scramble and still overthrow them. It takes time to break bad habits. Same with Allen, he has typically been able to get away with some boneheaded plays because he hasn’t played against a lot of great defenders. Give them time, they’ve only been practicing together for a few weeks. 

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did some construction work in college.  We had a couple guys working who looked “frail” - scrawny little bodies.  We had an ex-competitive swimmer who looked like he’d be a fantastic worker - 6’3”, chiseled, big strong shoulders, cut arms, had to get special jeans to go over his quads (he said)

Guess who was still working hard at the end of the day, never injured.  Guess who was “sandbagging” halfway through the afternoon and missed time (back, shoulder, etc)

Size and bulk do not equal durability and toughness.  I believe the Navy Seals have also proven this over the years.

I grew up around the usual variety of kids playing football, hockey, etc. I never feared the big guys, as they were usually of the soft and doughy variety, not very tough. There was one “scrawny little”  kid we played street hockey with who I later learned was a big time wrestler. Slightly smaller than me (and maybe a year younger), but a vicious little bastard! I was used to abusing the big guys, but it took a little work before I could start banging this little guy against the court. Shocked the begeezus out of me! Never made that mistake again! 

I’m really a very nice person. 

Edited by Augie

43 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No one knows who the best QB in the draft yet. Analyzing it after one pre season game is absolute madness.

I don't know how many 6'4 12 year olds you know. But please, continue with the fake narratives. They clearly help you cope with some insecurities

And others are incredibly stupid.

Haha. Please continue with the “fake narrative” catch-phrase; unfortunately it doesn’t help with your reading comprehension. I said the shoulder width of a 12yr old, not height. I’ll spell it out for you:  he’s built like a flagpole. 

873074544-arizona-state-v-ucla.jpg.jpg&

16 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Haha. Please continue with the “fake narrative” catch-phrase; unfortunately it doesn’t help with your reading comprehension. I said the shoulder width of a 12yr old, not height. I’ll spell it out for you:  he’s built like a flagpole. 

873074544-arizona-state-v-ucla.jpg.jpg&

You're wrong on this, just stop. I figured that would be your response. Why do you know so many 12 yr old boys? I think that's the real question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

A question I had going into the draft is how Rosen would fair with a weaker supporting cast than he had at UCLA. How many UCLA players got drafted? 7? 8? Josh Allen had nobody at WYO and he did great with nobodies, that's the difference.

Wait until Allen has McCoy and Benjamin, they are 1,000x better than anything he's ever had.

In case you missed it Fitz is still playing for Arizona. 

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Whatevs, Mr. SCIENTIST.

Allen is GOAT.

How'd you like that declaration?