Josh Rosen vs Josh Allen: Game 1 Comparison

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Unfortunately, Rosen is the type of player who won't last long if they keep trotting him out there with no protection.  He doesn't have the build or mental makeup to take a ton of hits.

You must have not seen some of the hits he took at UCLA where he continued to play through. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Unfortunately, Rosen is the type of player who won't last long if they keep trotting him out there with no protection.  He doesn't have the build or mental makeup to take a ton of hits.

His “mental makeup”? I’ll bite - what exactly do you mean by this? 

Edit — if you mean the concussions then that’s fair I suppose.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

Rosen made some bad decisions but his footwork is really impressive for a rookie. He's going to be a good one.

Timing on some of those contested throws may have been better if he wasn’t fielding the snap from his ankles every play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Timing on some of those contested throws may have been better if he wasn’t fielding the snap from his ankles every play.

Good point. One bad decision that should have been picked.  Looked pretty good other than that with excellent throws mixed in.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

After watching Rosen’s passing downs, it’s probably prudent to point out that the Cardinals’ offensive line in pass protection was atrocious. For instance, Rosen was blasted in the face up the middle on his first completion. OP decided not to mention this, but since Allen’s misses were excused away by many here as due to poor protection, I think it’s appropriate to mention.

The OP never mentioned Allen inaccuaracy was due to poor protection (which Allen had). The post is relevant and as of now, the scoreboard is Allen 1 and Rosen 0

9 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

The OP never mentioned Allen inaccuaracy was due to poor protection (which Allen had). The post is relevant and as of now, the scoreboard is Allen 1 and Rosen 0

Ha okay chief. Glad we have someone keeping track on his imaginary scoreboard.

• Like (+1) 1

Rosen reminded more of Trent Edwards than Tom Brady. Good foot work but bad ball placement and may not be able to make all the throws 

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Ha okay chief. Glad we have someone keeping track on his imaginary scoreboard.

Well everyone else is there bucko so might as well make it official, right? 

3 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Rosen reminded more of Trent Edwards than Tom Brady. Good foot work but bad ball placement and may not be able to make all the throws 

Well everyone else is there bucko so might as well make it official, right? 

Not sure what you were watching from last night as well as his career at UCLA, but both are among his strengths. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Are we going to have a thread every week about this for the next 15 years?  Each are rookies that have played one pre-season game.  Each did some good and not so good things.  And in another revelation water is wet.

...which one gets cut first?....the intrigue.............

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not sure what you were watching from last night as well as his career at UCLA, but both are among his strengths. 

He’s ball placement has been a concern all training camp and it showed it again yesterday. Hence the 6 of 13. I was all for Rosen pre draft watched a ton of games but his first game did not impress. Anyone who thinks he did is just trying to justify there agenda 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

He’s ball placement has been a concern all training camp and it showed it again yesterday. Hence the 6 of 13. I was all for Rosen pre draft watched a ton of games but his first game did not impress. Anyone who thinks he did is just trying to justify there agenda 

Only one who sounds like he has an agenda is you. Did you watch Rosen’s performance or did you just see the 6 of 13 statline?

Just now, GimmeSomeProcess said:

The 6-13 isn't an accurate reflection of ball placement.  He had one bad throw in the 13 with one deliberate throwaway at a receiver's feet and a few others that were risky but gave his guys chances to make plays for him.  Sounds like you're a Bills' fan who's now on the Allen bandwagon that prevents you from objective analysis. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s really hard to get a grasp on all these guys.  All had different scenarios going on in thier games. 

I’d say Darnold had both 2’s and 3’s to work with so he had the most varied scenario. 

Rosen looked like he was with some  1’s, mostly 2’s. But he also had the most vanilla gameplan so where do you go with that. 

Allen was thrown into a tire fire.  

Baker had had the most opportunity to play I would say and I think he looked the best overall. 

Weirdly, I’d rank thier first game performances in the same order they were drafted. 

Edited by bobblehead

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

A question I had going into the draft is how Rosen would fair with a weaker supporting cast than he had at UCLA. How many UCLA players got drafted? 7? 8? Josh Allen had nobody at WYO and he did great with nobodies, that's the difference.

Wait until Allen has McCoy and Benjamin, they are 1,000x better than anything he's ever had.

and Clay, Coleman, Oleary, 1st unit oline. 

Kid is going to be a stud.

• Like (+1) 1