[Vague Title] I was wrong about...

eball

...Austin Proehl.  I really thought that his skill set combined with an NFL pedigree would give him a real shot to make this roster.  He has not impressed.  Maybe it's just a matter of acclimating himself to the speed of the NFL and a year on the PS will help.  Anyway, that's a disappointment and I was way off.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was hopeful for the same reasons, E. But he hasn’t shown anywhere near enough to date for even PS consideration.

2 minutes ago, The Process said:

Foster usually had a step or two on dbs when at Alabama. Same in the preseason game. He needs to learn to adjust to the throw a little better.  If nothing else use him to drag the safety over when his speed makes him wide open.

I don’t think he’s worth another look.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, The Process said:

Foster usually had a step or two on dbs when at Alabama. Same in the preseason game. He needs to learn to adjust to the throw a little better.  If nothing else use him to drag the safety over when his speed makes him wide open.

Corey Coleman is here as the deep threat. Foster is not ready to contribute to an NFL team and neither is Proehl.  Next!

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I was hopeful for the same reasons, E. But he hasn’t shown anywhere near enough to date for even PS consideration.

I don’t think he’s worth another look.

Well we can opine about Foster. Obviously Dabol knows what the potential is or isn't. My opinion is obviously biased.....Roll Tide Roll! Before Foster gets released and sent to the Pats where he lights it up, it would be fun to see Mccarron to Foster just once for an Alabama bomb!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, The Process said:

but he drops the ball...they're not going to move a safety to cover a WR that can't catch...they'll double Benjamin

5 minutes ago, The Process said:

Well we can opine about Foster. Obviously Dabol knows what the potential is or isn't. My opinion is obviously biased.....Roll Tide Roll! Before Foster gets released and sent to the Pats where he lights it up, it would be fun to see Mccarron to Foster just once for an Alabama bomb!

Fine. I’ll talk to Coach and have McCarron toss a deep one to Foster on the 1st play vs Cleveland. Then he’s cut on the spot and selling popcorn by halftime.

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fine. I’ll talk to Coach and have McCarron toss a deep one to Foster on the 1st play vs Cleveland. Then he’s cut on the spot and selling popcorn by halftime.

What if monkeys fly out of my butt and he catches it for a touchdown?

15 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Kind of harsh.

yeah, I agree and apologize. But simply being a ‘Bama fan isn’t enough to warrant continued investment in a poor playing, undrafted WR from a run oriented program. I suspect Daboll was asked if he knew anyone who had speed that may be flying under the radar. Simply quitting on a particular route because the QB is forced to scramble means he has little to no clue how to really play the position. ‘You can’t teach speed’ doesn’t mean you take years to teach a prospect how to play his position. I may be wrong. He may make PS.

But I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Process said:

...seemed to have been getting decent reviews from camp......then down the drain......

2 hours ago, eball said:

...Austin Proehl.  I really thought that his skill set combined with an NFL pedigree would give him a real shot to make this roster.  He has not impressed.  Maybe it's just a matter of acclimating himself to the speed of the NFL and a year on the PS will help.  Anyway, that's a disappointment and I was way off.

I had similar hopes that maybe he'd become our Edelman. I do think it's a bit premature to write him off just yet. He really didn't have a senior season, and it will certainly take some time adjusting to the nfl speed.  I'd wait for that last preseason game before writing his nfl obituary...