[Vague Title] Question regarding everyone’s reaction on the Astro Tweet

Coach55

Mods - please don’t merge this thread.  My question for the forum is over the past 72 hours how many of you been repeatedly checking every bills website whatever chance you get based on Astro’s trade tweet? 

It has engulfed me as much as the preseason game.  I keep checking everything hoping for the blockbuster news to bring that one last cog...   Thanks Astro. 

Edited by Coach55

39 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Mods - please don’t merge this thread.  My question for the forum is over the past 72 hours how many of you been repeatedly checking every bills website whatever chance you get based on Astro’s trade tweet? 

It has engulfed me as much as the preseason game.  I keep checking everything hoping for the blockbuster news to bring that one last cog...   Thanks Astro. 

Seriously? 

Im the one that added to the tweet page because of a conversation I had with Astro and I havent lost any sleep on it.  Seriously fellow Bills fan.....sometimes we need to take a break. This might be that time if it is controlling you this much. Astro apparently thought he heard something that made him believe it was coming soon. Three things happened. 1) He was mistaken 2) It is taking longer then expected 3)It fell through. I will tell you what did not happen. Astro was not blowing smoke.

55 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

I havent. I am on twitter so therefore in my daily timeline checking I would see any breaking rumors. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Coach-Welcome to this board, and I would consider renaming you’re title as the Administrator suggested.  When we open these threads, it’s nice to have an understanding of what is you’re point from the link.

i assume you are referring to a potential trade for Mack, but you forgot to mention the player’s name.

No big deal and I would love that trade, and would probably put our defense into a top 5 defense, but the most I would do is next year’s 1st, and Shaq Lawson.  We could put a lot of the money for his contract into next year.

we’ll see if Chucky would go for that trade.  I wouldn’t want to give away anyone else or more draft picks.  The deal has to work for both sides.

i haven’t given up until he resigns with Oakland, but doubt it will happen.

Sorry about the initially vague topic line.  Was late. The reason there was no mention of Mack is that is what the board interpreted it to mean.  I would love Mack as much as the next guy. But after last year’s list of surprises, anyone is game.  Beane holds his cards close to his vest.  My excitement has tempered as clearly nothing happened.  But I am not expecting Beane to be done until the 3rd preseason game.  

8 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Im the one that added to the tweet page because of a conversation I had with Astro and I havent lost any sleep on it.  Seriously fellow Bills fan.....sometimes we need to take a break. This might be that time if it is controlling you this much. Astro apparently thought he heard something that made him believe it was coming soon. Three things happened. 1) He was mistaken 2) It is taking longer then expected 3)It fell through. I will tell you what did not happen. Astro was not blowing smoke.

what did he tweet?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

what did he tweet?

Bean isnt done yet. Then when I asked him via text he said that it would materialize in the next 48 hours. Dean isnt one to make a statement without knowing. This is why I say plans must have changed or it is taking longer.

Edited by fansince88

There are very, very few people in here who I believe to have legit inside info, and he isn't one of them. If it should pan out, he can join that short list. :thumbsup: Until then, it's just another thread on this board.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Coach55 said:

I hates him.

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Astro is not one to troll people with speculative tweets. I'm sure he heard something from someone he thought was credible. But sometimes things don't happen. We won't know what's been discussed by Beane.

...sure as hell has everyone's interest though......probably is a false start this time....