Kelvin needs more buzz today

Alphadawg7

Cam seems like a dude who is just fake as !@#$.  I think Kelvin knew Cam was going to try to throw some bull crap to him and he wasn’t having it.  

Beyond that, he was a bonafide #1 out there.  First we’ve seen since Sammy a few years back. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, nucci said:

It's called freedom of speech and who really cares what was said....maybe they just don't like each other

They were supposedly friends, or at least presented themselves as such, when he was here in Charlotte. That's what makes this whole thing so bizzarre to me. It really does make Benjamin look bad, IMO.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cam wasn't happy when Benjamin was traded. 

Cuz now he doesn't have an open receiver to miss

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

Maybe Cam is a dick behind the scenes? Maybe there were other rifts that people don't know about in Carolina? I didn't find anything wrong with Benjamin's actions. Speak your mind and don't be fake in the public eye by dapping it up or laughing with someone you called out. Say :censored: you and walk away. :thumbsup:

Can I drop a mic then walk away?

The video shows KB talking to another player and Cam walks up and "dismisses" the person KB is talking to.

That is a BULLY move.

KB would not shake Cam's hand or capitulate and thus turned and walked away.

WHY does this make KB look bad?  How many here would "bend over"  in public to someone you are having a tiff with.

Lord knows why KB is really mad. May not even have to do with football.

If Cam really wanted to "mend fences" a private meeting would have been where to begin.

I think Cam was pulling a Bully move. IMO

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, cd1 said:

The video shows KB talking to someone and Cam walks up and "dismisses" the person KB is talking to.

That is a BULLY move.

KB would not shake his hand or capitulate and thus turned and walked away.

WHY does this make KB look bad?  How many here would publicly "bend over" in to someone you are having a tiff with.

If Cam really wanted to "mend fences" a private meeting would have been where to begin.

He was talking to Thomas Davis 

Hey physically looks night and day from last year since OTAs. With his size , he can be such a big time weapon in the right scheme and I think Daboll is going to elevate his game with this scheme. He deserves a ton of credit for playing with that injury last year and grinding all off season to get back to 100%

You can see him playing with a ton of confidence and if he stays healthy is a legit #1 ... Again, his size makes him almost unguardable if the ball is placed in the right spot and we got a taste of that last night , as KB absolutely shredded a Car secondary that you know had some extra incentive to stop him after the Cam and Carolina comments but KB made shredding them look easy!!

53 minutes ago, nucci said:

can't compare this to major corporations in America.....Benjamin didn't embarrass anyone...just pissed off the coach...not really a story

I agree with you Nucci. I don't advocate censoring people, I just brought it up as a point of discussion. There seems to be more clauses trying to be added in recent contracts. I think the strangest one this year was the Bears rookie LB being dinged if he was suspended for leading with his helmet.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get the QB's were all fun to watch last night, but to me the most impressive performance of the night was Kelvin Benjamin and he isnt getting much buzz today for some reason.  I thought that was about as good as he has ever looked.  First preseason game isnt something we should over value, but he looked as explosive as I have ever seen him, but more importantly he looked like has a real fire in him this year that I have never really seen from him.  

Something seems different about him.  Don't know if its because he is putting more work in...if its his diet change...if its because of his contract year...because of what happened with Cam before the game...or what...maybe even all of the above.  But there was something there yesterday that I thought has been missing from him.  I loved trading for him, but I was also looking at him as a guy who still had to prove he is worthy of being a primary target.  Yesterday, he made that first step to live up to camp hype and came out to show he wants to be a top WR in this league.  Hope thats the guy we keep getting each week, and more importantly, hope he can stay on the field.

He seems to be peterman’s favorite target too.   

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get the QB's were all fun to watch last night, but to me the most impressive performance of the night was Kelvin Benjamin and he isnt getting much buzz today for some reason.  I thought that was about as good as he has ever looked.  First preseason game isnt something we should over value, but he looked as explosive as I have ever seen him, but more importantly he looked like has a real fire in him this year that I have never really seen from him.  

Something seems different about him.  Don't know if its because he is putting more work in...if its his diet change...if its because of his contract year...because of what happened with Cam before the game...or what...maybe even all of the above.  But there was something there yesterday that I thought has been missing from him.  I loved trading for him, but I was also looking at him as a guy who still had to prove he is worthy of being a primary target.  Yesterday, he made that first step to live up to camp hype and came out to show he wants to be a top WR in this league.  Hope thats the guy we keep getting each week, and more importantly, hope he can stay on the field.

Agree. KB had an excellent game. He rally stood out last night.

41 minutes ago, cd1 said:

The video shows KB talking to another player and Cam walks up and "dismisses" the person KB is talking to.

That is a BULLY move.

KB would not shake Cam's hand or capitulate and thus turned and walked away.

WHY does this make KB look bad?  How many here would "bend over"  in public to someone you are having a tiff with.

Yeah, I got the impression that Cam wasn’t addressing KB in a very friendly manner from his body language, gestures and then the way he continued to follow Kb around the field even as he turned his back to Cam. 

If it is indeed the case that Cam was being confrontational, i applaud KB for walking away. 

But without know their history or what Cam said when he walked up to KB, it’s all just speculation as to who may have been in the wrong last night.