Based off last night I am taking AJM over Peterman

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And yes...Peterman played well

I didnt like some of the air mails Peterman was throwing that still got to a WR....they look like picks to me when a defense game plans for them

I thought AJM looked to push the ball down the field.....did it with the 2nd unit as well

Agree 100%.  He had one good drive.  AJM looked to have the better arm.  Nothing against Peterman, but I dont see anything other than a serviceable back-up.  And his INT was HIS fault too, not just the RB.  Ball was terrible placed behind the RB and was late.  He doesnt get a pass.  Yes, RB still had a play on the ball, but it was not a good pass either, so they both share blame.  

He just puts too much air on the ball, secondaries will adjust and time those.  I like the kid, but just don't think he is a full time starter in the NFL.  I hope he proves me wrong, that would be great for all of us, but as of now, I just think AJM has more starting potential.  

• Like (+1) 2

Yea, rewatching the first 2 drives all of Petermans completions, except the scramble throw to KB and the int(where he was forced to read the field), he hits the back of his drop and the balls coming out. He knows where's he is going pre snap. He didn't push the ball up the field, there were no throws that traveled in the air over 15 yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree, but NP played great. The long term plan could very well play out like this:

This year- Keep 3, AJM-NP-JA 

Next Year- Keep 2, JA-NP, trade AJM

You could easily go vice versa with Nate and AJ in either scenario. It would be nice to have Peterman as a cheap backup option for the next 3 years.

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agree 100%.  He had one good drive.  AJM looked to have the better arm.  Nothing against Peterman, but I dont see anything other than a serviceable back-up.  And his INT was HIS fault too, not just the RB.  Ball was terrible placed behind the RB and was late.  He doesnt get a pass.  Yes, RB still had a play on the ball, but it was not a good pass either, so they both share blame.  

He just puts too much air on the ball, secondaries will adjust and time those.  I like the kid, but just don't think he is a full time starter in the NFL.  I hope he proves me wrong, that would be great for all of us, but as of now, I just think AJM has more starting potential.  

Well said, completely agree.  Personally, I think McDermott's plan is to get 3 to 8 games out of AJM/NP then let Allen take over.  If AJM is too slow with his decisions(as I've read) we won't see it till the regular season and maybe he'll get a few games in before defenses adjust.  Ditto with NP and his noodle-armed panic mode.

I think we all understand why TT never displaced Flacco,  I consider Flacco better than Andy Dalton so I don't expect much from AJM.  But, odds are it's a throwaway year though I won't count us out with Daboll's scheme and our D.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

And yes...Peterman played well

I didnt like some of the air mails Peterman was throwing that still got to a WR....they look like picks to me when a defense game plans for them

I thought AJM looked to push the ball down the field.....did it with the 2nd unit as well

I like Peterman...but i agree. Those quick ones are going to get jumped as season progresses

What I got from last night was that both can run Daboll's offense relatively well, and that it may take 3 games before they make a decision.  I'd like to see how both do on the road too, even though it's preseason.  

4 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Well said, completely agree.  Personally, I think McDermott's plan is to get 3 to 8 games out of AJM/NP then let Allen take over.  If AJM is too slow with his decisions(as I've read) we won't see it till the regular season and maybe he'll get a few games in before defenses adjust.  Ditto with NP and his noodle-armed panic mode.

I think we all understand why TT never displaced Flacco,  I consider Flacco better than Andy Dalton so I don't expect much from AJM.  But, odds are it's a throwaway year though I won't count us out with Daboll's scheme and our D.

Yeah, and this staff is in no rush with Allen.  You can see how giddy they are about his potential and arm, so you know they are just itching to turn the kid loose.  But, they also know this is a long term play here, they are going to be patient and let the kid earn his spot on the field.  Allen can see the field this year, but I think its only under one or more of the following conditions:

1. Injury to whoever is in front of him (assuming he is the backup unless we keep 3 QB's)
  2. Guy(s) ahead of him are just failing to get the job done and Allen is showing in practice he gives us best shot to win
  3. Bills are out of playoff contention completely

McD and Beane keep stating they wont rush this, so as I much as we all want to see this kid sooner rather than later, its going to likely be a bit and maybe not til next year if NP or AJM start and play well.  Which would actually be the best thing for the team as they become a trade asset to make room for Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I would like to see the next game where the QB rotation is:

1st: McCarron    2nd: Allen   3rd: Peterman

100 percent agree. We've already seen NP at his best with the 1s. Let's see AJM with the 1s and Josh with a better offensive unit out there.

40 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Watching the QBs play last night made me question where arm strength comes from. It's not like Josh Allen has huge arms, he actually looks tall and kind of slight. It's amazing watching how much faster it comes out of Allen's hands than NP's. 

It comes from athletic ability and coordination.  Size helps, of course, but it’s not everything.  Remember Ron Guidry?