Lets give some credit to THE O LINE

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Agreed, I would like Teller to replace Ducasse

Ducasse doesn’t deserve to start , he sure as hell doesn’t deserve a name Vlad !!!

Edited by Putin

I think that the offensive line is one place where chemistry is almost more important than talent.  Yeah, you've got to have guys that can play, particularly at center and left tackle, but it's even more important to have guys that know what to expect of each other and can work closely with each other to make the whole blocking scheme work.  Yeah, receivers have to have chemistry with their QB, but on every single play, you've got to have five guys functioning as a single unit.  That's why quality offensive line coaching is critical.  There is enough talent among the first 10 guys to make it work.  It is to Castillo's credit that it actually is working.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I realize vanilla D and all that.....but Carolina's defensive line is not chopped liver....and the starting O line played pretty darn well considering....allowing Peterman to do his thing.

I'd be willing to think that the two HC's, GM's had a gentleman's agreement to not blitz much while keeping things simple. Even Cleveland, Cincy and Chicago won't show their full defenses in the preseason. 

I think I'll wait until I see how the line plays with the real bullets flying at Baltimore, the Chargers, at Minnesota. We should know how well that line will do this season following how they protect and run block against those three teams.

I suspect the line is not as good as it currently looks. 25 of 39 for 338 passing with only 21 rushing attempts, 430 yards of offense total seems off the charts against a usually stout Carolina defense.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im still concerned about the OL.  I was thrilled to see a better than expected performance, but its the first preseason game thats not much more meaningful than a scrimmage.  So I am not ready to relax my concerns just yet, but definitely encouraging.  So I probably wont be more than cautiously optimistic until I see what the do when the games matter.  

This! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 11:42 AM, John from Riverside said:

I like Miller at that RG spot

It is really nice to know that if we get a OG boo boo then Teller is waiting in the wings.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!  

Sorry to single out this one post John but I remember reading this thread weeks ago thinking, these guys have no idea what they’re talking about.

we could field the worst starting OL in league history this season. And that’s before injuries. Our interior line is a complete debacle and I wouldn’t be surprised if we cut Miller and ducasse before midnight.  Miller may have played the worst half any player has ever played.  And I was in stubhub stadium to see peterman vs the chargers.  We’re in big trouble unless we figure this out.

like I’ve been saying since I saw him hired.  FIRE CASTILLO. he’s the devil

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!  

Sorry to single out this one post John but I remember reading this thread weeks ago thinking, these guys have no idea what they’re talking about.

we could field the worst starting OL in league history this season. And that’s before injuries. Our interior line is a complete debacle and I wouldn’t be surprised if we cut Miller and ducasse before midnight.  Miller may have played the worst half any player has ever played.  And I was in stubhub stadium to see peterman vs the chargers.  We’re in big trouble unless we figure this out.

like I’ve been saying since I saw him hired.  FIRE CASTILLO. he’s the devil

He was bad today......no doubt.  Takes his share of the blame along with the rest....

I dont know what is going on with him...there was a time when he looked like he could be a solid OG

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He was bad today......no doubt.  Takes his share of the blame along with the rest....

I dont know what is going on with him...there was a time when he looked like he could be a solid OG

Agreed, I was holding out hope that he could improve and last season lit a fire in him.  Today showed he’s not an nfl caliber player.  Can’t rememeber seeing one player play so poorly in a game.  He and Ducasse.....my head starts spinning when I think they are our starting guards. Get teller in there and let him get some experience.  I still have hope for Groy, but he may have been a product of playing next to Ritchie. 

My  head is still spinning from that OL performance.  Hopefully I can regain some confidence in them by week 4 so I can enjoy the trip to Lambeau.  

16 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

How many people miss Wood and Richie now.....?????? 

It shocks me that with all the moves this front office has made so far that they didn't even attempt to address the O-Line.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

With all that cap space we had?

Bodine was a bad signing though

How about some draft picks? You don't need to draft one #1 to get a good one. How about undrafted free agents?

I just think that whoever is evaluating the line is blind, deaf and dumb.

Call up Buddy Nix, if there is one thing the man could do, it was scout offensive lineman.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

How about some draft picks? You don't need to draft one #1 to get a good one. How about undrafted free agents?

Call up Buddy Nix, if there is one thing the man could do, it was scout offensive lineman.

Ageeed. I seriously question this regimes ability to assess offensive talent. 

Just now, Luka said:

The OL that was drafted in this draft in Teller actually looks pretty good.....not sure why he is not getting 1st team burn yet.

but.....as far as the picks go several picks went towards moving to 7 and NOT giving up future picks.....what player did we leave on the table?

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

It shocks me that with all the moves this front office has made so far that they didn't even attempt to address the O-Line.

But they did,cheaply. Bodine and Newhouse for example...No tears were shed in Oakland and Cincinnati when they were shown the door...