Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-season Game 1

GunnerBill

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

RayRay deserved his own Good Night.  Bad Night for Corey Coleman, who fell behind through no fault of his own.  The Terrible Night goes to Robert Foster, who showed no heart in failing to lay out for two potential TD passes and giving up on a go route.  Second coming of Da'Rick.

?

48 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No. You're wrong. The first bomb to Foster was OB. The second bomb to Foster was the one you're referring to. I thought Foster looked too early and could have caught it and that was the one Tasker was talking about slowing down and not looking back which wasn't great commentary. It was the THIRD bomb when he completely stopped running. That is inarguable. That play started at 2:11 left. He would have caught it totally on the run in the endzone and it would have been the top highlight play in the entire league. You have to see the replay that they iso just Foster. It was brutal. He just figured Josh wouldn't throw it because he scrambled left but he did. And it was an amazing pass. 

Last one was a free play due to offsides. I think Foster thought the play was going to be over but he was wrong to stop and not go all out for a potential TD.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Last one was a free play due to offsides. I think Foster thought the play was going to be over but he was wrong to stop and not go all out for a potential TD.

He thought it was going to be over because Allen rolled left and he didn't think Allen would throw it to him all the way on the right. But he did. It was an incredible play. 

Youre right it was a free play but Foster took off full speed and ran 30-40 yards before he decided to stop running. 

Also, I don't have an issue w/ saying Edmunds had a bad night. He looked in over his head, way too much overpursuit/biting on playaction, missed an important tackle on McCaffrey for a first down, got caught in the wash too often, incorrectly identifying gaps. 

He's going to be a great player for the Bills, very little doubt of that, but his weaknesses were on full display yesterday. I'd guess he needs about 15lbs of muscle and a season to adjust to the NFL game. Since it's hard for rookies to put weight on, I'm kind of giving him a pass this season on being dominant: what hopefully improves his first year is the mental aspect of playing LB in the pros. If that happens, he's going to be one of the league's best next year guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, SoCoBills said:

Everyone keeps saying he stopped running bc the announcer babbled about how he turned his head to locate the football but when he turned his head he lost no speed at all and kept sprinting. Allen overthrew him twice or his stat line may have read 2 rec, 170 yds, 2 TD’s.  I’ve seen people blame him for Allen throwing the first pass out of bounds and people claim he stopped running when he clearly didn’t.  

Im not some crazy Foster homer. He has very suspect hands and hasn’t proven to me he can run the full route tree but come on people. I know we all want Allen to be GREAT but let’s be objective. 

Not counting the throw out of bounds, there were two other long passes to Foster on which he showed poor effort and poor skills.  The first you mention in your post and it certainly seems to me he lost stride looking back for the ball.  No excuse not to at least make an effort on the ball either.  The second was on an Allen scramble where he actually stopped running then looked back and saw that the ball was coming to him.  That would have likely been right in his hands.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

?

With Reilly's 62-yard reception and RayRay catching everything in sight and scoring a TD, it's getting crowded on the WR depth chart.  Coleman lost some ground by not playing.  I just realized that Zay Jones did as well.  If Reilly and RayRay keep producing, Coleman and Zay may be on the outside looking in.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

With Reilly's 62-yard reception and RayRay catching everything in sight and scoring a TD, it's getting crowded on the WR depth chart.  Coleman lost some ground by not playing.  I just realized that Zay Jones did as well.  If Reilly and RayRay keep producing, Coleman and Zay may be on the outside looking in.

Reilly made one play where there wasn't a guy within ten yards of him, and dropped another. 

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Young Wideouts (excluding Ray Ray McCloud) - One of the stories of camp this year has been the battle of the 6 young and totally unproven wideouts (Reilly, Dupre, Foster, McCloud, Phillips, Proehl) to try and snag one of the last spots on the roster.  Ray Ray McCloud showed up second half, demonstrated some chemistry with fellow rookie Josh Allen and snagged three balls and a touchdown. Cam Phillips miss the game injured but the stat line for the other 4 combined read 1 catch for 59 yards, with only Reilly even troubling the scorers. Reilly and Proehl both had drops too, and Foster should have had a touchdown that he didn't even get hands on. This competition is whittling itself down and this group, McCloud excluded, now faces an uphill battle to make the roster.

Ray Ray can play play.

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Don't think Edmunds had a good night.

I haven’t seen the game yet (will catch recording tonight) but I heard he overran a tackle on one play. That (instincts) was kind of his rep coming in, but he is so young and every rookie has that learning curve. Edmunds, like Allen, may take a little time. I pray they are both Pro Bowl, HOF types, but I have more faith that Edmunds will be a 10 year starter than Allen. If Allen meets that criteria, he’s obviously the far more impactful pick....but then there’s the big IF. So far, I’ll take it! 

25 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That he had recently joined the team will be taken into account.   He was a former first round pick that they traded a pick for (albeit an incredibly low one), so he’ll be given a longer leash.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I haven’t seen the game yet (will catch recording tonight) but I heard he overran a tackle on one play. That (instincts) was kind of his rep coming in, but he is so young and every rookie has that learning curve. Edmunds, like Allen, may take a little time. I pray they are both Pro Bowl, HOF types, but I have more faith that Edmunds will be a 10 year starter than Allen. If Allen meets that criteria, he’s obviously the far more impactful pick....but then there’s the big IF. So far, I’ll take it! 

I'm watching the game for the third time right now...on what play did Edmunds overrun a tackle? I must have missed it.

30 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Reilly made one play where there wasn't a guy within ten yards of him, and dropped another. 

Full disclosure, I am a Life of Reilly fanboy.  He outran the LB covering him, so I have to give him credit for that.  The ball he dropped was well behind him, but you're right, he needs to catch that.

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm watching the game for the third time right now...on what play did Edmunds overrun a tackle? I must have missed it.

Lots of misinformation last night, like Reilly dropping a pass that was really dropped by Proehl.  It looked to me that Edmunds covered the TE on the big run.

Again I’m no Foster fanboy but those saying he should have laid out for the 2nd one LOL have you ever played football? He had no chance to get that ball. Stretch Armstrong wouldn’t have reached that ball. Jordan wouldn’t have been able to reach that ball even if it were in the movie Spacejam and he could stretch. 

The 3rd one that was the free play you may be right. I have gamepass so I’ll check that one again. Also, I’m no Allen hater. I root heavy for every Buffalo Bill to succeed.  Allen showed some good things. Lots of potential. He’s exciting to watch. 

Edited by SoCoBills

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Lots of misinformation last night, like Reilly dropping a pass that was really dropped by Proehl. It looked to me that Edmunds covered the TE on the big run.

I was referring to the dumpoff to McCaffrey on 2nd and 10 earlier. Someone did a video wrap of his plays here:

I'm not hating on the kid at all. I think he's going to be great. But when I said he didn't play well I wasn't lying. 

18 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Full disclosure, I am a Life of Reilly fanboy.  He outran the LB covering him, so I have to give him credit for that.  The ball he dropped was well behind him, but you're right, he needs to catch that.

Lots of misinformation last night, like Reilly dropping a pass that was really dropped by Proehl.  It looked to me that Edmunds covered the TE on the big run.

Tasker admitted he had a bad night in the booth....I gave 26 a shout out about it.Just watched every play of Edmunds...the Panthers basically avoided him.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was referring to the dumpoff to McCaffrey on 2nd and 10 earlier. Someone did a video wrap of his plays here:

I'm not hating on the kid at all. I think he's going to be great. But when I said he didn't play well I wasn't lying. 

Wow..again..I don't see it. Play #2,how in the neck was he going to stop a full throttle McCaff there? 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yea Reilly was NOT good last night. He made a simple catch and ran it 59 yards before anyone ever tried to tackle him.

29 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

On play two of the game Edmunds dropped back in pass coverage...McCaff,with a full head of steam made a nice cut to avoid him..can't fault him there.

Nah he took a bad angle there.

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I thought Lacey sucked as well.

We need some LBs with some speed.

Yea I didn't think Lacey was good either, it is a worry for Humber that he has slipped behind him.

39 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I have yet to watch it, but I read about it a couple times. His athleticism is amazing and if there was one knock I heard it was that he had to better develop his instincts and avoid wasted steps. I haven’t seen enough to have an opinion, but I cant wait to see what he looks like! 

Just now, Augie said:

I have yet to watch it, but I read about it a couple times. His athleticism is amazing and if there was one knock I heard it was that he had to better develop his instincts and avoid wasted steps. I haven’t seen enough to have an opinion, but I cant wait to see what he looks like! 

It's play number two of the game,Aug.Some folks act like the Panthers ran up the gut towards him and that was not the case.