Soccer 2018-19

row_33

• 2 weeks later...

so the online streaming site has cut the fee from 20 to 15 per month

i guess they are finding out that "nobody really watches soccer all that much in North America"

or at least wants to fork out even more $$$ than they already pay in Canada

soccer is the best for people romanticizing games they never watched and won't watch in the future, they won't pay $$$ for that mind bubble

On 9/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, row_33 said:

so the online streaming site has cut the fee from 20 to 15 per month

i guess they are finding out that "nobody really watches soccer all that much in North America"

or at least wants to fork out even more $$$ than they already pay in Canada

soccer is the best for people romanticizing games they never watched and won't watch in the future, they won't pay $$$ for that mind bubble

what is that site?  I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to watch Europeon Soccer, Sabres, and Yankees

• 1 month later...

Just listening to Schopp and Bulldog and they were discussing soccer.

In the span of a minute, Bulldog pronounced Juventus as "Jew-ventus" with a hard "J" sound, twice.

I had to laugh, but it really pissed me off for some reason.  

Keep up the good work Bulldog, you calcio aficionado, you.  

:wallbash:

On 9/29/2018 at 5:11 PM, Pete said:

what is that site?  I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to watch Europeon Soccer, Sabres, and Yankees

DAZN snaked the Champion/Europa League and that new Euro Nations League thing away.

• 3 weeks later...

---------------

cricket question

just watched most of the women's T20 world cup, i don't recall a single lbw call or appeal in about 14 matches

is this more common for women or T20 in general

i usually watch men's test cricket and the lbw appeal is a mainstay in almost every over (it seems..)

On 11/27/2018 at 1:55 PM, row_33 said:

---------------

cricket question

just watched most of the women's T20 world cup, i don't recall a single lbw call or appeal in about 14 matches

is this more common for women or T20 in general

i usually watch men's test cricket and the lbw appeal is a mainstay in almost every over (it seems..)

I watch plenty of cricket but I've never seen much or enough women's cricket to notice the level of appealing for LBW. if I ever finding myself watching a game I'll take notice.

I think the Men's T20 the LBW appeals are normal but the batsmen are moving around the crease more and therefore getting an LBW decision is harder. Of course, the difference between bowling in T20 to Tests is that you're trying to restrict runs in T20 but get the batsmen out in Tests. 

• Like (+1) 1

thanks BB, this was my first time watching women play, there has been nothing else to watch here for a few months

there will shortly be enough to watch with a few winter tours shown in their entirety, with India touring Oz already in motion

• 1 month later...

------------------------

is using the F-word permissable on-air for TEST CRICKET commentary from Australia?

Shane Warne clearly stated it once, his team was silent briefly before carrying on.

i'd hope there were still some standards for this grande olde game  :D

Edited by row_33

• 3 weeks later...

New Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala was on board a plane that disappeared over the English Channel. The flight left Nantes last night with Sala expected to train with his new team this morning. Both Sala and the pilot are missing, along with the aircraft.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-46954922

I hope for a positive outcome but I fear the worst has happened.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

In case you missed it, the mighty Stockport County went top of the National League North on Tuesday night after battering Boston United 3-1. 16 games unbeaten in the league, 23 unbeaten in all competitions. 2 games from a final at Wembley.

Things are looking up, boys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

a local cable channel is carrying live every game of the India Super Duper Cricket league T20 bonanza through mid-May

good fun to watch, i still prefer the test circuit, but you watch what you get...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

a local cable channel is carrying live every game of the India Super Duper Cricket league T20 bonanza through mid-May

good fun to watch, i still prefer the test circuit, but you watch what you get...

The IPL is fun. Sadly, they've moved it to a subscription sports channel (BT Sport) over here. Highlights are available on a freeview channel but in the age of instant information they're aren't worth watching. 

I always keep an eye on the Kolkota Knightriders. Mainly in the hope they're losing a game and a talking car comes to the rescue. I'm non-plussed if that includes The Hoff or not. 

I see there has already been a moment of controversy with  Jos Buttler being run-out in the "Mankad" style. Bit odd in cricket where they have stuff which is frowned upon but not against the laws of the game. 

On 3/8/2019 at 5:06 PM, Blokestradamus said:

In case you missed it, the mighty Stockport County went top of the National League North on Tuesday night after battering Boston United 3-1. 16 games unbeaten in the league, 23 unbeaten in all competitions. 2 games from a final at Wembley.

Things are looking up, boys.

They're in the same division as my team. 

I take it Stockport are still in the FA Trophy if Wembley is close? Edit: I see they lost to Fylde in the semi-finals. 

Edited by BritBill

10 minutes ago, BritBill said:

The IPL is fun. Sadly, they've moved it to a subscription sports channel (BT Sport) over here. Highlights are available on a freeview channel but in the age of instant information they're aren't worth watching. 

I always keep an eye on the Kolkota Knightriders. Mainly in the hope they're losing a game and a talking car comes to the rescue. I'm non-plussed if that includes The Hoff or not. 

I see there has already been a moment of controversy with  Jos Buttler being run-out in the "Mankad" style. Bit odd in cricket where they have stuff which is frowned upon but not against the laws of the game. 

for some reason a channel is full-time (900) to it in Toronto.... they will sell the upcoming World Cup package for $50 analog or $75 digital in June, maybe it's a tempter to get support for that??

it's an all-star game every day, a great way to introduce someone to the game, with all the high and petty lows on full display

this is the first year I have watched a non-national T20 league, nice lineups...  :D

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

for some reason a channel is full-time (900) to it in Toronto.... they will sell the upcoming World Cup package for $50 analog or $75 digital in June, maybe it's a tempter to get support for that??

it's an all-star game every day, a great way to introduce someone to the game, with all the high and petty lows on full display

Ah yes, it's the OD World Cup this year. In England too. I might see if I can pick up a ticket or two for any of the games played in the North. It's also an Ashes summer.

IPL is very much all stars of the T20 world. If I was to recommend a version of the game to get someone interested in cricket it would start with T20. 

• 4 weeks later...

After a pulsating and ***** exhausting afternoon of National League North action, the mighty Stockport County are one game away from promotion and the league title.

County comfortably beat Curzon Ashton 2-0 while former leaders Chorley fell to a 94th minute winner away to Spennymoor (yes, I celebrated in my living room when it went in). This leaves Stockport needing a win against bottom of the league Nuneaton on Saturday to be crowned as champions on the final day.

Not even we can screw this up from here, surely.

• Thank you (+1) 1