Soccer 2018-19

row_33

The club season basically starts in earnest today in England and France, with Germany and Spain and Italy soon to follow

on the heels of the WC just ending I see that CR7 is now with Juventus and Juve has sent Lichsteiner to Arsenal. That’s about it.

Will be interesting to see how the Swiss great adjusts to the nuances of the English game.... 

so the fun begins with 20 games each weekend to choose from on TV and plenty mid-week.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm a Juventus fan; not happy about Ronaldo joining the team, even though he will get his goals.  With him it's all "me, me me" and I hate guys like that in sports.

Forza roma

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm a Juventus fan; not happy about Ronaldo joining the team, even though he will get his goals.  With him it's all "me, me me" and I hate guys like that in sports.

they may have to try to score that needless second goal???  hardee har harrrrrr....

won't be the same without that 0-0 or 1-0 cakewalk win

maybe this starts a return to the 80s of Italy spending billions on their 3 imports???  (fingers crossed)

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Very excited to have the PL start up today at 3pm EST! 

been too long, I prefer the Euro season to the World Cup in many ways.

I tape 8 or so games each week and sift through them at my leisure, posting my thoughts as it goes along on here, all are welcome to say whatever they want!

not much movement for the fatcats of the EPL, time will tell

i see Wolves clawed back into the Premier situation, i thought they were gonners for sure until 2040

Edited by row_33

Can I be the one that gets the perfunctory:

"Soccer Sux!  What a bunch of Nancy Boys flopping all over the place.  Wake me up when somebody scores.  The game is tragically flawed!"

Out of the way.  And... None of you other haters chime in.  It's outta the way!

Not that I really believe it... Just gotta say it.  It's what I do. I like reading the threads, keep abreast of what's going on in the misguided part of the world.  And... Can drop these impressive sounding names, teams if I ever attend a hipster cocktail party.  Who the hell would invite me anyway.

But, anyway, carry on... ENJOY!  All in good fun.  Message Boards Die in Darkness.

• Like (+1) 1

If you're really a fan of Juve you should be happy about the $$$ a signing like Ronaldo is going to bring to the club. Jersey sales alone should cover his salary.

I'm looking forward to the Premier League like always. Consistently the best collection of talent and physicality in the world, where your average game is twice as watchable as the other top leagues. Interested in seeing the post-Wenger Arsenal, Chelsea's potential return to dominance, City's attempt to stay on top, and Mourinho's inevitable fall from grace.

Also going to be watching a bit of Dortmund or wherever Pulisic ends up, for the US's sake. Kid is a star and only getting better. He's ready to take the step up into a big club under the brightest lights in a way no other American non-goalkeeper has been.

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can I be the one that gets the perfunctory:

"Soccer Sux!  What a bunch of Nancy Boys flopping all over the place.  Wake me up when somebody scores.  The game is tragically flawed!"

Out of the way.  And... None of you other haters chime in.  It's outta the way!

Not that I really believe it... Just gotta say it.  It's what I do. I like reading the threads, keep abreast of what's going on in the misguided part of the world.  And... Can drop these impressive sounding names, teams if I ever attend a hipster cocktail party.  Who the hell would invite me anyway.

But, anyway, carry on... ENJOY!  All in good fun.  Message Boards Die in Darkness.

what took so long with this response????

4 hours ago, meazza said:

Forza roma

how they looking for the new campaign???

gotta love Italy, won't release the season schedule until the last second, i won't speculate.....

bam!!! there it is, wasn't there last time i herded up all the top fixtures (and Scotland for sentimental reasons...)

http://www.skysports.com/serie-a-fixtures

-----------------------------------------------------

CR7 has been a rare privilege to watch for about 96% of his club games since Man U days

true he was a diving and whining little B word with the Red Devils

see what he can add to the Serie A situation, hopefully better than Ian Rush

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just woke up.  Was reading through the carpaccio thread.  Jeesh! ?

well played to sleep in on a Friday, Sir.....

Go to an MSL game, you might get hooked, Los Angeles has turned into something rabid in about 6 months....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

well played to sleep in on a Friday, Sir.....

Go to an MSL game, you might get hooked, Los Angeles has turned into something rabid in about 6 months....

I am on it!

Just sunk my whole portfolio into Turkish Buggy whips too!  Got the next flight to LA.

"Everybody's goin' away
Said they're movin' to LA
There's not a soul I know around
Everybody's leavin' town..."

?

It's great to have Champions league back!  I told my cable company I just wanted Yes Network and Bien Sports (for Yanks and Soccer) but got stuck with hundreds of other crap channels.

So I am practicing soccer now for first time in life.  What are some good drills for someone learning this beautiful game?

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's great to have Champions league back!  I told my cable company I just wanted Yes Network and Bien Sports (for Yanks and Soccer) but got stuck with hundreds of other crap channels.

So I am practicing soccer now for first time in life.  What are some good drills for someone learning this beautiful game?

couch potatoing??

rioting??

betting??

playing???

BeIn is a great network, carries all the top games from Italy and Spain and France each week and fills in with filler from other countries when those 3 aren't on tap.

used to be free for a year and then they pulled it on my just before a big Barca/Real game a few years ago... the dirty rotten bleeps...

---------------------------------------

as for training it seemed that coaches loved the timed two-mile as a test of ability, that one seems to be the standard of excellence....

especially when it made no sense at all to inflict that on people not built to run timed two-mile runs

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If you're really a fan of Juve you should be happy about the $$$ a signing like Ronaldo is going to bring to the club. Jersey sales alone should cover his salary.

I'm looking forward to the Premier League like always. Consistently the best collection of talent and physicality in the world, where your average game is twice as watchable as the other top leagues. Interested in seeing the post-Wenger Arsenal, Chelsea's potential return to dominance, City's attempt to stay on top, and Mourinho's inevitable fall from grace.

Also going to be watching a bit of Dortmund or wherever Pulisic ends up, for the US's sake. Kid is a star and only getting better. He's ready to take the step up into a big club under the brightest lights in a way no other American non-goalkeeper has been.

One of the best storylines.  

Personally, I think they drop a crap ton of points early acclimating to Sarri.  Jorginho will need to adjust to thePL, plus he's taking Kante's position forcing him to attack more.  Kante doesn't attack.  Chances are slim, but finger's crossed Real comes late for Hazard.

PS: I hate Chelsea   

• Like (+1) 2

——————-

that week of the year I watch every EPL game, fun to see the crowds and joy still in the teams that will be fighting relegation starting today

the Thistle has been relegated in Scotland so I can’t fall back on them being my Glaswegian team when asked by strangers..... it’d get a laugh and they think i’m daft but it was safe and good anecdotes about Partick would come forth

Sat here waiting for the Spanish season to start. 

We're heading to Majorca next week but the fixture list hasn't fallen kindly. Real Mallorca are playing away on the Saturday so we won't get to see a game. Looked at jumping on the ferry to Bareclona but it's just a bit too long a trip to justify it.

We'll find a bar/restaurant to watch Real Madrid on the Sunday night though.