Soccer 2018-19

row_33

Tottenham were shite.

Liverpool were less shite.

We had Virgil Van Dijk (great new chant?)

Kind of a crap game, but Tottenham had mostly wasted possession.  Still think it was dumb to start Kane.  3 week gap screws this game up.  

#YNWA

18 minutes ago, stony said:

Tottenham were shite.

Liverpool were less shite.

We had Virgil Van Dijk (great new chant?)

Kind of a crap game, but Tottenham had mostly wasted possession.  Still think it was dumb to start Kane.  3 week gap screws this game up.  

#YNWA

Games are dictated by circumstance.  The early pen meant that Liverpool weren’t going to expose themselves by going forward.  If you rewatch, watch the fullback play.  They tended to defensive duties, and didn’t overlap regularly.  The Liverpool fullbacks are what have created overload mismatches all year.  They instead opted to lock down Spurs, and make them force the issue in order to counterattack.  

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Games are dictated by circumstance.  The early pen meant that Liverpool weren’t going to expose themselves by going forward.  If you rewatch, watch the fullback play.  They tended to defensive duties, and didn’t overlap regularly.  The Liverpool fullbacks are what have created overload mismatches all year.  They instead opted to lock down Spurs, and make them force the issue in order to counterattack.  

Totally agree.  All plans went out the window 30 seconds in.  

But even through my red-tinted glasses, both teams seemed a bit off. 

I'll say this, it was a professional performance from the back 4.  Matip and VVD were sensational.  Alisson worth every cent.  There was a brief moment Son made a run late on and had VVD on his back hip.  By the time I blinked he had caught up and neutralized it.  I'm a happy guy.

• Like (+1) 1