Helped themselves/Hurt themselves Preseason Game 1

folz

15 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

McCarron is who your missing. I think he is Peterman with a little bit stronger arm and more experience.   I will take credit in advance for naming McCarron are starter in January before he was even a free agent.

First it is our....our starter. Second not so fast on that. They chose Nate and Josh. AJ was out of necessity. 

6 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Um Logan Thomas was a blocking machine last night, throwing guys around and was thrown to once...

Did he even know he was there? Wow

7 hours ago, Davejr511 said:

Humber-Helped himself? No way! That guy needs to be let go at the first set of cuts. He is horrible in pass coverage. 

Logan Thomas-Hurt themselves? Nope! He had what I could see 2 great blocks. It's not all about catches. 

Yeah, I guess I was wrong about Thomas from what others saw.

And with Humber, I didn't mean he was helping himself to a starting role, and yes, he's slow in pass coverage. It was just that when he was in with the 2nd team, I noticed he was fast to the ball on a lot of plays. Looks like he only recorded 1 tackle, but to me he looked a step better than the other guys he was playing with at the time. I doubt he gets cut. Solid backup.

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

First it is our....our starter. Second not so fast on that. They chose Nate and Josh. AJ was out of necessity. 

Did he even know he was there? Wow

Oh thanks dipshit. I don't know the difference.  Sounds like you just learned it and our showing off. 

• Sad 1

I thought Allen (TE) had a great catch and Croom hauled in a big catch too. The young WRs didn't do much to help Allen last night other than Ray Ray, but the young TE's made some big catches. Where were Dupre, Coleman and Proehl?

I wonder if Coleman tracks down any of the deep passes Allen was slinging out there.

Humber had a good shoe string Tackle and a good bull rush to hurry a pass

Lawson had a good night too, one or two pass deflections at the line.

entire second string O-line looked solid. Teller, Ike and Bodine impressed.

Old WR's did some nice work, I eat my crow, for now.

third string O-line and DB depth was bad.

Some concern at LB.

Ford looked lost IMO.

Edited by RocCityRoller

23 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Coleman clearly has the speed and the talent. I was talking about a receiver who always gets open. We don't know if Coleman can do that. 

Well too be fair, Foster was playing the 3s, I'd hope he'd be able to blow by a 4th string DB. I don't think he has the same luck if he plays the first half.

Edited by Luka

On 8/10/2018 at 1:09 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought McCarron outshone Peterman because he showed several different solid qualities. 

Shaq probably helped. 

Murphy surely. 

Groy I hope secured the starting C job vs Bodine. 

Streater did well although he's surely on the bubble. As is Reilly and both made a solid play although Reilly's was easy. 

Ray Ray did enough to make the coaches think about other positions. I think McCloud makes the 53 and guys like Taiwan Jones don't, and maybe Cadet doesn't if they keep Murphy (because they can use McCloud as a RB in certain plays and formations). 

Neal had a play or two. And he was on the bubble because Marlowe is ahead of him. 

Seemed to me Reilly got a bit shook up the first hit he took and then was actively avoiding being congratulatorily slapped on the helmet by teammates the rest of game.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:37 PM, Estelle Getty said:

McCarron is who your missing. I think he is Peterman with a little bit stronger arm and more experience.   I will take credit in advance for naming McCarron are starter in January before he was even a free agent.

i thought he played VERY well.  That 62 yard play was amazing.  We scored the most points with him in for the shortest amount of time.

Allen hurt himself (not that it matters really). It's nice to be able to throw the football a country mile, but it's better to throw passes that guys can actually catch.