Sign in to follow this  
folz

Helped themselves/Hurt themselves Preseason Game 1

Helped Themselves

Peterman

Murphy

Humber (really stood out amongst 2nd teamers)

RayRay

Shaq

Mike Love (making some plays with the third stringers)

Dirty Harry

Hurt themselves

Robert Foster

Keith Ford

Logan Thomas

Who am I missing? What have you got?

• Thanks 1

Everybody on the 3rd string that committed penalties. Foster should be cut tomorrow 

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206
  • Like 1

McCarron is who your missing. I think he is Peterman with a little bit stronger arm and more experience.   I will take credit in advance for naming McCarron are starter in January before he was even a free agent.

Edited by Estelle Getty

Helped themselves

Newhouse, played well at LT with second unit, good depth player

Julian Stanford, late penalty notwhithstanding (as Edmunds back up)

Lacey on ST

Hurt themselves

Lafayette Pitts, was really bad in coverage 

Secondary as a whole was bad in the 2nd half

16 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Murphy was a baller loved his physical play but the smoothness he had doing it 

Bills got 13 WRs in camp.  Cut him now and give his reps to someone who can make the PS.

Use his roster spot for another CB or OL.

• Like 1

I thought McCarron outshone Peterman because he showed several different solid qualities. 

Shaq probably helped. 

Murphy surely. 

Groy I hope secured the starting C job vs Bodine. 

Streater did well although he's surely on the bubble. As is Reilly and both made a solid play although Reilly's was easy. 

Ray Ray did enough to make the coaches think about other positions. I think McCloud makes the 53 and guys like Taiwan Jones don't, and maybe Cadet doesn't if they keep Murphy (because they can use McCloud as a RB in certain plays and formations). 

Neal had a play or two. And he was on the bubble because Marlowe is ahead of him. 

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Cut Foster

The thing is, he was REALLY bad, and yet he was open if not wide open if not running by defenders all night long. Not enough reason to keep him. He sucked. But that is a talent we don't have. 

I think the offensive line as a whole did pretty well. I don't think we have as big a problem as many have thought.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The thing is, he was REALLY bad, and yet he was open if not wide open if not running by defenders all night long. Not enough reason to keep him. He sucked. But that is a talent we don't have. 

The guy we got from Cleveland is reportedly pretty fast. Thats a good point though Foster was really good at getting open but cannot track the ball or catch.

Croom, and Lee both looked great tonight, I thought. That's going to be a tough choice, and I wonder if they may have pushed Thomas towards the bubble? It's going to be a tough choice for TE #3.

Edited by Rocky Landing

I'd add AJ to the "Helped Themselves" list, despite some displayed flaws.  He threw a pair of deep balls there were off by 4 or 5 yards, not inches. 

He looked good overall though, as did Nate.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

All I saw Logan Thomas do was throw some good blocks. How did that hurt?

Yeah, not sure why he was listed as "hurt."

I think it was just the opposite, he can catch and run--we know that. What he needs to improve in is blocking, and it appears he did that last evening.

4 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

The guy we got from Cleveland is reportedly pretty fast. Thats a good point though Foster was really good at getting open but cannot track the ball or catch.

That's like the baseball player who has a great swing, but he just can't hit the ball.

Helped: Teller was a mauler out there.

Hurt: anyone who played CB in the second half...ugh....

#51 Julian Stafford,  had that  personal foul that  kept Carolina's drive alive after a stop. Could have been the difference in the game.

Edited by eee1776
Insert name

I did not see the game, how did Foster do?  ah, nevermind!

Helped - Murphy, Streater, McCloud, Croom, Boetttger, Love   Hurt - Ford, Proehl, Stanford, Foster, McDermott. Can't wait to see WR's Zay, Coleman and Cam back in the lineup.

Edited by Clyde Smith

Ike Boettger definitely looked like a keeper and for a UDFA, that would be real good.

I'm not a Whaley/Nix hater, but I sure wish they'd have been better with their OL picks. 

Beane got a good one with this guy.

7 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

Helped themselves

Newhouse, played well at LT with second unit, good depth player

Julian Stanford, late penalty notwhithstanding (as Edmunds back up)

Lacey on ST

Hurt themselves

Lafayette Pitts, was really bad in coverage 

Secondary as a whole was bad in the 2nd half

I thought Julian Stanford looked awful. He was wearing number 51 right? He was the one guy that stuck out to me as, "this guy has no business being on this team." Got burned, overran plays, I didn't see him make a good play (I did miss a bit of the late 2nd and early 3rd quarters putting my son to bed, so it's possible he made some good plays and I missed them.)

Edited by CLTbills

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I thought Julian Stanford looked awful. He was wearing number 51 right? He was the one guy that stuck out to me as, "this guy has no business being on this team." Got burned, overran plays, I didn't see him make a good play (I did miss a bit of the late 2nd and early 3rd quarters putting my son to bed, so it's possible he made some good plays and I missed them.)

He also had a personal foul on a third down, as well as a holding call on another earlier third down. The guy is a mountain of muscle but he definitely had a bad night.