Are we now a pass first offense?

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Our offense tonight looked modern,  hope the pass first thinking continues because i liked what i saw.  I know it is just the preseason but playing calling was a very pleasant change .

The only thing that matters in the NFL is QB, until you have one. The staff showed they understood that tonight. It's tough to evaluate QBs by handing the ball off to backup RBs. I would expect the regular season to be far more balanced.

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Our offense tonight looked modern,  hope the pass first thinking continues because i liked what i saw.  I know it is just the preseason but playing calling was a very pleasant change .

also trying to find a starting QB....hard to do that if you don't throw a lot

9 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I know.  Compared to last years play call of run, run, pass at the line, punt. It was a breath of fresh air.   

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It's pre season. What our offense is doing now IS NOT what we will be running in the regulAr season.

we won't see it until 9/9

We did not have shady on the field, Carolina has a scary good run d, and we need to evaluate 3 qbs. So yeah, very light on run plays

Maybe, or Daboll just wanted to get a lot of pass attempts in to evaluate the QB's. I wouldn't read too much into the play selection in the first preseason game. I doubt the game plan was philosophy-based, probably more evaluation-based than anything.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo had/has three QBs that we need to assess with the purpose of finding a starter.  They have mostly veteran runing backs, and the first string guy was being rested.  I do think Daboll is pretty creative, and I do think the goal for the Bills is to pass the ball quite a bit more than last year, but there really wasn't a whole lot of point to running it a lot in this game.

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Dont like hearing the truth eh?

How about if I'd sugar coat it for you...

Man Allen looked great out there...man these experts got it all wrong, did you see that arm? He only has a little bit to work with but I think we have something in him. Man... we finally have a franchise QB, Peterman did well...but Allen out performed him cause he had the 3's. Man this kid is special!

Did I cover it all for ya?

Not so fast hater. He didn't look great out there. But if you see nothing to work with than it's your bias showing through. Maybe you like noodle arm qb's but I sure as hell don't. 

12 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I was not expecting the type of offensive play calling that we saw tonight.

How many times did we run the ball with the first unit? Twice?

What decisions need to be made? RB or QB and WR? There is no question who the RB is on this team. They do have only a few weeks to decide who the QB will be and who he will be throwing to. Thus expect to see more of this in preseason. They will still be a run heavy team. 

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What decisions need to be made? RB or QB and WR? There is no question who the RB is on this team. They do have only a few weeks to decide who the QB will be and who he will be throwing to. Thus expect to see more of this in preseason. They will still be a run heavy team. 

And I have no problem with that. In fact I'm glad that they came out and played the way they did last night.

I just didn't expect to see it. I dare say, many of us here were surprised by it as well.