Are we now a pass first offense?

7 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Looks like a New England playcalling offense.  60 passes 10 runs!  We moved the ball well with it in the first half!  

NE also uses the pass as a form of a run with quick short passes and give their guys to gain yards after the catch. I also think passing first makes McCoy even more dangerous because teams cannot load the box with 8-9 near the line .

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

NE also uses the pass as a form of a run with quick short passes and give their guys to gain yards after the catch. I also think passing first makes McCoy even more dangerous because teams cannot load the box with 8-9 near the line .

Just the threat of Allen's deep ball really opens up a defense. The entire field is in play at any time now with this kid under center -- it's definitely different than the "ground & pound" we've been stuck with and LONG overdue. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Daboll looks like the real pick up the Bills made in the off-season

I agree,  hard to win playing caveman ground and pound.  If you want to be a contender you need to pass the ball,  it is a passing league.

Edited by Niagara Dude

I absolutely loved the playcalling and specifically the short passing game peterman showed. I’m still in shock they showed signs of running actual successful screens, they weren’t great tonight but it also wasn’t shady catching them. AJ and peterman both played well. But the offense looked so much better with peterman, I look forward to seeing if AJ can run it that well against the starting defense. But the looks of this offense (what they showed so far anyways) this seems to almost be made for peterman and his short passing game 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

We're trying out QB s. We know they can all hand off.

True enough.

Still, I wasn't expecting so much play action, rollouts and lining up with 4 or 5 wideouts as much as the Bills did.

I'm glad they did that. I was still surprised.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ryan O'Reilly got drunk and ran over a Tim Horton's.

Uh oh. Multi quote not from this thread. But STL closed their Timmy's in anticipation of his arrival so he'll be a good guy there. And to be honest and take back the potshot he was a good guy here. But BYE BYE.

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

????????????

You can't be serious?!?!

He looked like that in college... bad foot work, over thrown balls...late decision making. But out of nowhere... he'll make a few throws that will "Wow" you...

Allen is a project, he was a project during college, coming out of college... & nothing has change. He has a little talent... but was he worth a 1st like the 5 experts thought? Heck no!

Other experts like Bucky Brooks, DJ, Charles Davis, heck our own best reporters, Sal, Joe B, Fairburn, ect... all said he should be a 2nd rd pick, but given the position it's not going to happen.

That's what people got confused on. Just cause he was projected to go in the 1st doesnt mean he was suppose to go in the 1st. Projects like Allen shouldn't sniff the 1st... but it's a QB league..& this stuff happens.

This is why something's I love what McBeane has done & some things I don't. 

Like, what made then not want Deshaun Watson??? What made him not worth the 11th pick 2 years ago? Yet, the Pegula's went gushing over Allen??? How you not gush over Watson??? 

But hey drafting Allen was bold... & like I've said... "Its a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off"

EJ & JP looked better then Allen in their preseason games... that's facts...not being negative 

Lets see here now maybe this is right. ☝️ Nope. But it is as close as I can get to the middle finger.

28 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

We are a match up offense. IMO, how much they run or pass will vary by the opponent.

Carolina had one of the best run defenses in the NFL last year and has a very stout D line. 

So, Daboll decided to take advantage of the pass. 

I really want a thank you Daboll thread even though it's a PRE SEASON game minus shady. I think we have an OC that we will actually enjoy for the first time in twenty years or more.

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It's pre season. What our offense is doing now IS NOT what we will be running in the regulAr season.

we won't see it until 9/9

I agree as stated above but we've already seen creativity we haven't in so long. Shady is gonna shake and bake this year as he is on a personal agenda to get to 12K so count on that but it wont be ground and pound buddy.

19 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Uh oh. Multi quote not from this thread. But STL closed their Timmy's in anticipation of his arrival so he'll be a good guy there. And to be honest and take back the potshot he was a good guy here. But BYE BYE.

Lets see here now maybe this is right. ☝️ Nope. But it is as close as I can get to the middle finger.

I really want a thank you Daboll thread even though it's a PRE SEASON game minus shady. I think we have an OC that we will actually enjoy for the first time in twenty years or more.

I agree as stated above but we've already seen creativity we haven't in so long. Shady is gonna shake and bake this year as he is on a personal agenda to get to 12K so count on that but it wont be ground and pound buddy.

Dont like hearing the truth eh?

How about if I'd sugar coat it for you...

Man Allen looked great out there...man these experts got it all wrong, did you see that arm? He only has a little bit to work with but I think we have something in him. Man... we finally have a franchise QB, Peterman did well...but Allen out performed him cause he had the 3's. Man this kid is special!

Did I cover it all for ya?