Marcus Murphy: Looking Good for the 53

A few people already mentioned it, but I really think Marcus Murphy is a slightly faster version of Fred Jackson.  He's looked very good and very determined in the preseason thus far.  Nice punt return tonight as well.  I wouldnt be surprised to see him get a few more looks on special teams in the next 2 games.  Ford and Ivory have been disappointed thus far.

8 minutes ago, WVUFootball29 said:

A few people already mentioned it, but I really think Marcus Murphy is a slightly faster version of Fred Jackson.  He's looked very good and very determined in the preseason thus far.  Nice punt return tonight as well.  I wouldnt be surprised to see him get a few more looks on special teams in the next 2 games.  Ford and Ivory have been disappointed thus far.

Ivory is fine. Hopefully you meant Ford and Cadet

5 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Ivory is fine. Hopefully you meant Ford and Cadet

I've been less than impressed with him through 2 games.  He still makes the roster though.  Ford to the practice squad.  Cadet probably cut.  Jones on the bubble.  

Murphy tonight not only made the team but he could be the one player that COMPLETELY changes the entire roster. If Murphy can be the #3 RB which seems obvious, and the #1 PR which seems very reasonable AND the KR, then we may be able to keep an extra WR and an extra S or LB or DL or QB. That's a huge advantage. Two games in a row is not a fluke, especially watching the actual plays. That's a valauable guy. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Murphy tonight not only made the team but he could be the one player that COMPLETELY changes the entire roster. If Murphy can be the #3 RB which seems obvious, and the #1 PR which seems very reasonable AND the KR, then we may be able to keep an extra WR and an extra S or LB or DL or QB. That's a huge advantage. Two games in a row is not a fluke, especially watching the actual plays. That's a valauable guy. 

Agreed. If he can fill those positions he is extremely valuable. 

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cadet and Jones are gone. Murphy looks as good as Shady. Huge find!

Ugh... No, I'm not even sure how you compare the two.

I do like him though, really starting to pull for him to make the team and actually contribute in the regular season.