Marcus Murphy: Looking Good for the 53

34 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

If history is any indicator, when a bubble Bills running back or receiver looks really good in the preseason, he'll definitely get cut.

Very true. 

Murphy, however, may Ben the exception. 

They signed him and kept him and even played him last year. 

There have been reports that he has been one of the consistent performers throughout camp. This isn't a one time thing. 

He showed numerous skills tonight. Great elusiveness, cutting and awareness. Great acceleration which has nothing to do with anyone you're playing. Very hard running each and every carry. Ability to catch. Ability to quickly change direction. Was back for KO. Really fought hard for yards at first down and near goal line. That's not at all the same of some RBs fans became infatuated with who had long runs or huge holes or 1-2 big plays.  Murphy really shined. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

The kid is pretty darn good. Runs with the kind of frantic intensity that I haven't seen since Whaley went rogue.

Love for you to explain this quote, because I'm quite sure the assertion you're making is wrong. Despite what Fred believes.

I will say though, I was very impressed with Murphy tonight.

2 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I liked Murphy and Ford tonight. 

You like false starts? Or do I have the wrong guy.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Love for you to explain this quote, because I'm quite sure the assertion you're making is wrong. Despite what Fred believes.

I will say though, I was very impressed with Murphy tonight.

You like false starts? Or do I have the wrong guy.

Basically saying the Murphy has the same gritty "fall forward" running style as Fred Jackson. 

8 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Murphy returns punts so he has special teams in his arsenal as well. He's clearly better than the other two and will be on the 53. 

I know, but that punt return where he caught the ball in the middle of the field and then ran sideways directly to the sidelines wasn't exactly impressive. Cadet and especially Jones have been more effective in special team so far, IMO.

If Murphy continues this level of play, hard to see him not making it to the 53 since he would be the primary behind Shady. Yes, Ivory would be listed, but he's not *that* type of back, whereas Murph has some Shady in him in terms of shiftiness and elusiveness. I really like Ford in practice thus far, but he went UDFA for a reason. So, I'd like to see how the remaining weeks play out, but if nothing else Ford should be on the PS and hope he can continue to develop because one thing the Bills have.....RBs long in the tooth. They need to have a young RB that knows the Offense and can step right in if someone gets injured. Personally, thus far mind you - I'd like to see: Shady, Ivory, Murphy and Cadet for STs and certain passing downs, then Ford to the PS. One other thing, we know the Bills will need to keep 3 QBs on the 53 - unless Allen shows the world he's ready to be Mr. Big Time. Otherwise, Peterman / AJ start and the loser is the primary back up while Allen develops in the background for next year and obviously he can't go to the PS....so that's 3. 

18 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Basically saying the Murphy has the same gritty "fall forward" running style as Fred Jackson. 

Sorry then I misunderstood you. When you brought up Whaley I thought you were blaming him for cutting Fred. Which is what Fred believes despite what I have read that was actually rex. I like how Murphy runs, and I agree he reminded me of Fred also. I hope he continues that path, because Fred was amazing to watch. I couldn't compliment him enough.

Edited by Ol Dirty B