Tremaine Edmunds played light & tight

Punt75

I agree he looked rough out there and mismatched. But that’s actually a great thing cause now he’s got some serious tape to watch this week and plenty of things to focus on improving. I fully expect week 1 to see a completely different looking player out there 

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

Dalton to Boyd

Yes, other teams play other teams and the results of those games bear upon the playoff prospects of other teams.  Thus it was for the previous 16 years of the Drought as well.  So my question remains, What is 'fake' about ending a 17-year Drought in his first year as head coach?

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

At one point in the Third Quarter Carolina only had 7 points and like 30 yards rushing.  

The D was doing something right. 

Almost half the Panthers yards came on their 2 fourth quarter scoring drives.  

Most those are practice squad and players who'll be cut..

First team D looked very good. I think an iffy penalty extended their scoring drive.

Star clogs up that middle , didn't have that last year... Edmunds did look like a rookie but I'm confident he'll put it together. 2 starters sat as well.

1 hour ago, Magnetar said:

I really don't like the Clappity McClappy stuff.

I find that statement funny as hell and agree....lil less clapping lil more coaching....

42 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Face it, this whole team has the clap.

THATS sum funny ****!!!

12 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

You might not have heard, but he's 20 years old.

Also Nick O'Leary is the nephew of Jack Nicklaus.

Holy !@#$sticks Batman....we just didn't know that!!!  Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Today might've just not been his day, but all reports from national media members have said he's been looking insanely impressive in camp so far.

And he isn't even as small as some other linebackers we've signed or drafted. Just a few guys I can think of, Matt Milano is 6'0 & 230 lbs, Kiko Alonzo was 6'3 & 238 lbs, Manny Lawson was 6'5 & 240 lbs, while Edwards is 6'5 & 250 lbs.

He's definitely going to put on some size, so I'm not too worried yet.

Manny's an interesting comparison. The similarities scare me a bit. He was another ACC linebacker with a freakish size/speed combination who went in the first round.

Manny Lawson

6'5" 240lb.

4.43 40 

124 .0 Broad Jump

10.5 college sacks (12 games)

Tremaine Edmunds

6'5" 253 lb.

4.54 40

117.0 Broad Jump

10 college sacks (26 games)

• Like (+1) 1

Considering that he is only 20yrs old and it was his first ever NFL game, I didn’t think he did bad. He wasn’t great, by any means. But he wasn’t terrible either. 

I thought he was biting on the ball too hard on certain plays, which caused him to be out of position. But that was an issue in college, too, so I didn’t expect it to be corrected by the first quarter of preseason game 1. 

Edmunds has all the tools, and by all accounts the brains, to be a dominant NFL MLB. Time will tell if he gets there. 

We have, IMO, one of the best LB coaches in the NFL. That should (obviously) be a big help. 

Between new rules being implemented every year that make it harder to play defense, and the limited amount of hitting allowed in practice, I’d get used to seeing kids coming into the league who “look like Tarzan, play like Jane”.  Again, he’s 20, first actual game against NFL talent, I think expectations just need to be brought back down to earth...  Hopefully by week 3 things start slowing down a little bit and we see the guy we’ve been hearing so much about in Camp.

For a guy who some are pushing as a DROY candidate, color me unimpressed.

Yeah, it's one pre-season game, but no Bills fan had a higher opinion of him after that game than they had going into that game.

Doesn't mean he won't become great, but it didn't demonstrate he might become great.