Allen should start with #1's

27 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

AJ should have gotten the start based on seniority. Not a good locker room decision.

I doubt anyone in the locker room cares. NP has more seniority with the Bills.

I thought AJ played great though. I fully expect him to be the starter.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Seriously.

This isn't a union based on seniority, it's a performance based depth chart.

If we used the 'bama homer mentality, then anybody with more time in the league should get the start over anybody with less time.

I guess that the eagles shouldn't start wetnz when he's ready since he has less time in the league than files.

Did Peterman distinguish himself over AJ in practice? Not to my knowledge. All things being equal, the senior guy should get the start.

I get the Bama jealousy. Racking up National Championships does that.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

Honestly, I thought other than the rookie play, Allen actually looks like he belongs.  He showed poise and command in the huddle.  I thought he was late on the one perimeter pass early 4th qtr which could have led to an INT.  His deep pass to Foster in the 4th really should have been a TD.  Foster slowed himself down which prevented him from being where the ball landed for the catch.  Foster better turn things around quickly because right now he's cutting himself.  Allen hit Foster on a hitch in the 4th and he just dropped it.  Hit him right in the chest.

Allen showed good mobility too.  The Panthers did bring pressure against him a couple of times and I like the way he escapes.  Now this was a string of plays about 5 mins or so left in the 4th where the Panthers turned it up a little.  I think they rattled Allen a little bit.  It's good for him though.  He needs to see that, learn from it.

Well said. Precisely my thoughts. 

I'm going to be fine with what McDermott chooses to do.

Last night it was very, very obvious who the best QB on our team is.  Allen is just head and shoulders more talented than the other 2 guys.  And it seems pretty clear that the worries about an OL protecting him are greatly overblown as the 1st team OL looked very good AND when Allen had the 3rd string OL in front of him and was running for his life, anyway, he was successful.

But the reason I'll be fine with what McDermott does is because both Peterman and McCarron looked fine.  If they feel Allen really needs more development, okay.  These coaches see him every day so they know what he needs, regardless of what the rest of us see.in one half of one preseason game.

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens.  He may very well have earned his time with the 1s yesterday, though.

FWIW, on the Colin Cowherd show today, Brady Quinn was a guest and he was asked questions about Baker Mayfield's performance.  With absolutely no prompting or mention of Allen's name, Quinn said (to paraphrase) "ya know the guy who I thought was great last night: Josh Allen.  He's the guy who looked like the #1 overall pick last night."

He brought Allen's name in again at some point during that interview; again, with no prompting.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Did Peterman distinguish himself over AJ in practice? Not to my knowledge. All things being equal, the senior guy should get the start.

I get the Bama jealousy. Racking up National Championships does that.

There is no bama jealousy, I don't give a crap who wins in college football.

Peterman obviously distinguished himself enough to warrant the start in the eyes of the coaching staff.

If you want to use your asinine thought process of the "senior guy getting the start" then Peterman gets the nod since he has seniority within the Bills, being there last year.

This isn't a varsity football team where the senior gets to play over the freshman since it's his last season.

The better player, in the eyes of the coaches, get to start.

The depth chart was NP, AJ, JA last night.

Your assertion that it should now be AJ, JA, NP after last night makes no sense at all.

If you're going by your "seniority" bs based on league experience it should be AJ, NP, JA

If you're going by team seniority within the Bills then it is NP, AJ, JA

If you thought that AJ and NP were roughly equal after camp, then you go with the younger guy, not the older one.

If you thought JA played well enough to leap frog NP, then he did enough to leap frog AJ as well, since NP was better than AJ last night.

Nobody is jealous of bama, it's in your mind.

14 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I doubt anyone in the locker room cares. NP has more seniority with the Bills.

I thought AJ played great though. I fully expect him to be the starter.

I thought Peterman played as well or better than AJ

1 td 1 int is better than 0 and 0 , which is why we got rid of tyrod

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anybody post this yet?

The throw he makes to Foster with 2:02 left, when he avoids the rush twice, rolls left, then stops and guns it all the way across the field to the endzone is an absolutely tremendous play. If you watch the highlight it looks two yards too far. If you have the replay when they show Foster he stops running then starts again. If he just keeps running it's an incredible TD. Another indication of stats being deceiving and even some replays being deceiving. What a freaking play that was by Allen. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

There is no bama jealousy, I don't give a crap who wins in college football.

Peterman obviously distinguished himself enough to warrant the start in the eyes of the coaching staff.

If you want to use your asinine thought process of the "senior guy getting the start" then Peterman gets the nod since he has seniority within the Bills, being there last year.

This isn't a varsity football team where the senior gets to play over the freshman since it's his last season.

The better player, in the eyes of the coaches, get to start.

The depth chart was NP, AJ, JA last night.

Your assertion that it should now be AJ, JA, NP after last night makes no sense at all.

If you're going by your "seniority" bs based on league experience it should be AJ, NP, JA

If you're going by team seniority within the Bills then it is NP, AJ, JA

If you thought that AJ and NP were roughly equal after camp, then you go with the younger guy, not the older one.

If you thought JA played well enough to leap frog NP, then he did enough to leap frog AJ as well, since NP was better than AJ last night.

Nobody is jealous of bama, it's in your mind.

The order of the initials was random. 

McCarron is first on the depth chart. He should have started.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

I think becoming the grammar police on a message board where ppl abbreviate, use web lingo, and do things short hand will turn into a full time job. I dont think you want that lol

And see I can dig that. It sucks to think through every message when, for the sake of expediency, one can abbreviate, or use terms or whatever that may not be technically correct but they convey the same message. And it sucks to care about typos and all that. Eh, whatever. I get it. 

But adding an apostrophe where one shouldn’t be isn’t a shortcut. It doesn’t accomplish anything from the standpoint of expediency. People are just weird for some reason about using an “s” without a preceding apostrophe. 

But as I read it, it’s the difference between:

“Josh Allen had a great time in the company of the girl’s _________.” (parents, friends, classmates ... what finishes this sentence?)

Or

Josh Allen had a great time in the company of the girls. 

One is a complete sentence. The other doesn’t make sense and is incomplete just because of the use of the apostrophe. Just don’t understand why people use an apostrophe in a ‘no ownership’ context when it’s easier to not type the apostrophe and make the sentence make sense. 

But back to Josh Allen and how I've seen better protection from a sieve. 

Edited by Juror#8

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

AJ, JA, and NP.

52 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

AJ should have gotten the start based on seniority. Not a good locker room decision.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The order of the initials was random. 

McCarron is first on the depth chart. He should have started.

Your other posts say otherwise.

Stop lying because you look foolish.

Mccarron was obviously not first on the depth chart in the coach's eyes last night.

2 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

And see I can dig that. It sucks to think through every message when, for the sake of expediency, one can abbreviate, or use terms or whatever that may not be technically correct but they convey the same message. 

But adding an apostrophe where one shouldn’t be isn’t a shortcut. It doesn’t accomplish anything from the standpoint of expediency. People are just weird for some reason about using an “s” without a preceding apostrophe. 

But it as I read it, it’s the difference between:

“Josh Allen had a great time in the company of the girl’s _________.” (parents, friends, classmates ... what finishes this sentence?)

Or

Josh Allen had a great time in the company of the girls. 

One is a complete sentence. The other doesn’t make sense and is incomplete just because of the use of the apostrophe. Just don’t understand why people use an apostrophe in a ‘no ownership’ context when it’s easier to not type the apostrophe and make the sentence make sense. 

But back to Josh Allen and how I've seen better protection from a sieve. 

I am going to block Juror#8's posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

I am going to block Juror#8's posts.

Rock on. I agree that that would probably be good for your yoga. 

Incidentally, nice use of the apostrophe + s. 

Yes it it took me a second. 

Edited by Juror#8

Personally I think Allen needs to sit this year.  I think last night was a good example of that. Allen is exactly what his scouting report said, a strong armed QB who struggles with accuracy at times who can make throws other QBs can't.  The poster boy for a young QB who needs a year to develop. 

On a side note don't sleep on McCarron who in my opinion will be our starter this year. 

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

CBS sports isn't McDermott/Bills coaching staff.

For all your posturing about Alabama and their status as an institution of higher education, I've noticed you sure have a hard time grasping really basic things.

AJ is longer tenured, has had more career success, and is widely regarded as the better player.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-depth-chart-day-11

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/BUF

Edited by Sky Diver

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Once again, not the coach's depth chart.

The coach.

Coach McDermott.

The head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Not ourlads.

Not wkbw.

Not CBS.

The team coach.

He decided that np was tops on the depth chart last night, thus gave him the start.

Not some bs based on "seniority" or what some googled depth chart says.

Keep trying.

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Once again, not the coach's depth chart.

The coach.

Coach McDermott.

The head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Not ourlads.

Not wkbw.

Not CBS.

The team coach.

He decided that np was tops on the depth chart last night, thus gave him the start.

Not some bs based on "seniority" or what some googled depth chart says.

Keep trying.

And I disagree with McDermott on the decision. And for the record, I like Peterman. McCarron is the better player and he should have gotten the courtesy start, imo.

Edited by Sky Diver