Peterman is now officially TRADE BAIT

Punt75

7 hours ago, rodneykm said:

That Chargers game confuses the negative Nancy's though. They base everything about him off a couple games in his rookie season. That's enough, for those who base things off hot takes, to deem him not worthy. 

For those folks, it is no longer REALLY about Nate Peterman. NOW it is all about defending their (hasty) judgement/opinion.

IF, Peterman ends up being the backup QB for the Bills, we will NEVER hear the end of it - EVER.

32 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

dude had 2 good series cmon> Not being a hater but lets see him play that way for a whole game and then ill think we have some trade bait. If he plays that well for the whole game id like to keep him though

Funny, "2 good series" was enough to crucify him, why shouldn't it be enough to resurrect him?

Careful Nate haters, you soon will be in a position to aim your poor judgement at our newest rookie. 

WHEN will Josh make HIS fatal mistake?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, cd1 said:

For those folks, it is no longer REALLY about Nate Peterman. NOW it is all about defending their (hasty) judgement/opinion.

IF, Peterman ends up being the backup QB for the Bills, we will NEVER hear the end of it - EVER.

Funny, "2 good series" was enough to crucify him, why shouldn't it be enough to resurrect him?

Careful Nate haters, you soon will be in a position to aim your poor judgement at our newest rookie. 

WHEN will Josh make HIS fatal mistake?

Well to be fair, it was 5 series, that all ended in interceptions.....

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

If NP has proven anything it's that he can throw the ball to Chargers at a great completion %.

I would  love to see him get his redemption in the home opener against the Bolts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty sure he looked better than tyrod last preseason and off to a good start this year, he also looked better than Indis qb in that snow game last year until he got hurt. People hate on him because the oline gave up and didn’t do their job against the chargers and he panicked like a rookie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

no. Just.... no. 

he had two good series' in a preseason game. His actual regular season performances to this point greatly outweigh 2 preseason drives. Who's trading for that? Other than Cleveland, who has their starter AND first overall pick QB?

21 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

People hate on him because the oline gave up and didn’t do their job against the chargers and he panicked like a rookie. 

Bupkis.   He's Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0.   He can be an effective spot starter and look good against certain teams.  But he can't throw with enough velocity to get a team through any kind of sustained playoff run--when sometimes the QB has to put the team on his back and carry it.    Or get out of tough down and distance jams that require throwing more than 15-yard lobs.

You want a perennial 8-8 record?   Nate's your man...

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

If the guy just had a little more zip in that arm he'd be the starter hands down before Josh is ready. Showed good vision, progression and control of the offense. Unfortunately his arm reminds me of Chad Pennington.

If he's Chad Pennington (the pre-injury Chad) the Bills have struck gold. Who wouldn't want CP as a long term backup. People don't seem to realize that CP was a good starting calibre QB. I'd say Nate has a lot to prove before he is worthy of that comparison. Assuming he wins the job I think we find out very soon whether he can play at this level or not. Ravens are a tough D with good young corners and tough veteran safeties. 

Edited by starrymessenger

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bupkis.   He's Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0.   He can be an effective spot starter and look good against certain teams.  But he can't throw with enough velocity to get a team through any kind of sustained playoff run--when sometimes the QB has to put the team on his back and carry it.    Or get out of tough down and distance jams that require throwing more than 15-yard lobs.

You want a perennial 8-8 record?   Nate's your man...

I’m not stating he is going to be the answer long term but the hate on this guy who is young and showed some promise is a bit much. People act like he’s worse than jeff Tuel or other ****ty qbs we’ve had the past 20 years. 

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Remember that time he got flushed out of the pocket, extended the play, and hit KB down the sideline for a first down?!

Man....if only he had done that last night...

Great throw and catch. I mentioned it several times in posts. Still didn’t show the things he needs to show to succeed. 

42 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If he's Chad Pennington (the pre-injury Chad) the Bills have struck gold. Who wouldn't want CP as a long term backup. People don't seem to realize that CP was a good starting calibre QB. I'd say Nate has a lot to prove before he is worthy of that comparison. Assuming he wins the job I think we find out very soon whether he can play at this level or not. Ravens are a tough D with good young corners and tough veteran safeties. 

As good as NP looked last night I was still left with a ho-hum feeling. I can only hope Josh becomes a lot more relevant than Chad P. To me he was the definition of average, Career 66% / 102 TDs, 64 INTs/ 200 yds per game. Sound familiar? It should cause we just got rid of a guy just like him but with running ability. I do agree with you that if Nate can evolve into a CP type clone that would be perfect for our back up position but as a starter, no way. Chad was pretty decent but we didn't draft Josh 7th overall to be decent.

• Like (+1) 1