Peterman is now officially TRADE BAIT

Punt75

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So you believe that Nate never has to throw a ball downfield or a tough pass the rest of his career? 

He threw several "downfield" and made a few good passes in tight coverage.  

They weren't all easy dump-offs.

Watch the game again.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm definitely concerned about Peterman's lack of arm strength. There's not NFL velocity on those balls. Looks like a little less velocity than even someone like Chad Pennington. The wind starts blowing and we've got a problem, because any route over 20 yards becomes a liability.

Love his quick release, though.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with this actually.  His arm just isnt as good as AJM, and all we need is a placeholder anyway, Allen is the future.  

Problem is, who is going to trade for him?  All the QB needy teams from last year have young QB's already.  Maybe Pats, Fins, TB, or Jax could use some competition at the back up spots

You cant be serious, right? Trading him away into our division? And to the Patricheats especially?

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He did not throw one pass downfield tonight. He did not throw one pass that required any arm strength whatsoever. What are you talking about? The TD was a less than 20 yard lob. 

Were you watching the bills vs panthers or giants vs browns? The bills game was the team in blue but with the buffalo on their helmet...

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He threw the ball downfield today. The kid can make every throw you need a QB to make. Extremely few great NFL QBs have a rocket launcher. It's often the sign of a poor QB more than it is the sign of a good one. I'll take the guy that completes passes, and you can have Ricky Vaughan. 

Hey Man, Don't you go messin with "Wild Thing"...

1 hour ago, westside said:

What good is being able to throw a ball 60 yards if it's not accurate. NP arm is plenty strong enough. For some unknown reason, people can't seem to forgive himfor the one bad game. 

Soooooo why do you think he was a day 3 pick before that game?

1 hour ago, westside said:

What good is being able to throw a ball 60 yards if it's not accurate. NP arm is plenty strong enough. For some unknown reason, people can't seem to forgive himfor the one bad game. 

Or people see his slow velocity and realize teams that play tighter coverage and ball hawk him are going to pick him off.  I was actually happy he got the start against the bolts last year.  I think he got a bad rap, not all those picks were his fault.  I was excited to see what he could do yesterday.  But the lack of velocity was on display, and is truly a concern.  That's based on observence, not bias from that one game last season.

Edited by The Red King

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Peterman was great tonight. You can't fault him for a TD drive. I did think his Int was his fault for a pass well behind the receiver. But not matter how great he played or his stats were he NEVER EVER EVER showed that his fatal flaws do not still lurk. Not once. He didn't throw downfield. He didn't show velocity. He didn't handle a strong rush. He didn't look to his third and fourth read. 

Remember that time he got flushed out of the pocket, extended the play, and hit KB down the sideline for a first down?!

Man....if only he had done that last night...

22 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Soooooo why do you think he was a day 3 pick before that game?

I'm not saying he's Tom Brady. He is a guy who has skill. Why was Stevie Johnson a 7th round pick? 

I'm not saying he should be our franchise Qb, I'm just saying he's not as bad as people are saying. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside said:

I'm not saying he's Tom Brady. He is a guy who has skill. Why was Stevie Johnson a 7th round pick? 

I'm not saying he should be our franchise Qb, I'm just saying he's not as bad as people are saying. 

My point was he has flaws. He may overcome them. They may end his career. But to pretend that everyone that’s skeptical is ONLY looking at the San Diego game is disingenuous.