Bills' Preseason Week 1 Game Day vs. Carolina - 7 PM ET at New Era Field

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Another "helped or hurt" from Cover1

https://www.cover1.net/buffalo-bills-preseason-stock-watch-panthers/

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...BTW "26", how did this Foster kid go from the penthouse to the outhouse overnight?.....OR...am I misunderstanding camp reports?.......thought him and Wallace were the "dark horses" who could/would make the roster...what did I miss?....

His play in TC once pads went on hasn't lived up to what he flashed this spring.  Dropping passes, poor route running, looking over his shoulder for the ball instead of running full out

“We saw that inconsistency factor and low completion percentage. He only completed nine of 19 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown but we also saw his biggest strength. He showed off that cannon of an arm. The very first play he threw a 60-yard bomb down the sideline. Granted it was out of bounds but so impressive. That strength is a huge reason the Billsdrafted him 7th overall.”

Obviously this guy didn’t watch the game. Four dropped balls that hit receivers in the hands. That would change his line to 13 of 19 for 68%. The kid made all the throws last night!
3 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yeah, he looks much better than Cadet.

Loved what I saw from Murphy last night. McCoy, Ivory and Murphy  should be 1 thru 3. Cadet, Ford and Jones aren’t even in the same category as Murphy IMO. Kid looked legit last night!

On August 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Real McCoy said:

This was the kind of preseason 1st half football I was hoping to see out of our club.

Both QB's looked sharp.

Yep, I don't how many years the Bills looked like crap in the 1st preseason game.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

Allen has best arm I have ever seen watching football 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.  I thought maybe I was just too excited to have Bills football back, but I can't think of a single QB I've ever watched that is able to throw the ball like that.    I still think it's more likely than not that Allen never succeeds as an NFL QB due to accuracy issues, but his arm is insane.  I am starting to understand why he was drafted 7th overall.   

On August 9, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

20 yards of penalties on this series.  Allen just flicked it 65 yards (with NO effort!!) and Foster doesn't even lay out.  I cut Foster after this game. 

I remember playing a pickup game a while back with a guy who was a high school starting QB.  When he threw it deep, all of us tended to slow down or stop and try and jump for the ball.  He kept telling us to keep running.  I got another shot and kept running and he laid it in their perfectly.

Tasker was right that Foster slowed down because he was looking back.  He probably would've got to it if he kept running hard. 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, Putin said:

But maybe he would get more then 1.7 seconds of protection with a 1st OL ? 

Or maybe he'd get 1.2 seconds of protection against a 1st team D-Line & Linebackers? Did you see how San Diego's line destroyed us last  year? We lost both Incognito & Woods since then, so it's unlikely to have improved by losing our 2 best players on the unit.

23 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well, Tyrod went 5 for 5 for 99 yards and a TD in 2 series for the Browns tonight in their opener.......

Mason Rudolph, who some wanted so they could keep their picks and not make any trades, went 7 of 12 for 101 yards (no TDS)

Lamar Jackson went 7 of 18 for 119 yards

Mahommes went 5 of 7 for 33 yards

My point?

dont really have one because its only the 1st Preseason game and the stats don't really mean anything yet........

The point in regards to Tyrod is that unlike Mahomes, Jackson and Rudolph, this will be his 8th season, and 4th as a starter.

How many seasons have Jackson, Mahomes & Rudolph played so far? Soooo...regardless of what Tyrod does in the preseason, we all know who the F' he is. It's not a mystery, therefore we can make educated estimates as to his average production -_-

17 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Wow, loaded with hot takes. I'll assume it was past your bedtime. 

I saw enough to know that while he is an inexperienced rookie Allen wasn't rattled. I saw that his arm is as advertised. I saw that as an inexperienced rookie QB he'll sometimes make head scratching decisions.  If you want to blame someone for the 3rd stringers then I suppose you can choose Beane. You would prefer Peterman play behind that line? Why? You would prefer McCaron play behind that line? Why?  You don't see any reason to go for it on 4th down? Your final sentence is worthy of only one response :sick:

It's pretty simple you cripple. They traded up to draft Allen in the top 10. So, no, I don't want him taking hits and playing with guys who are going to get cut in meaningless games.

If the excuse is his footwork and you have no plans on playing him, then just have him focus on footwork. I wasn't hating on Allen at all, it's the opposite of a hot take, it's pragmatic simple boy, I mean cripple boy.

Watched the game tonight.

Offense looked really good in the first half  Was glad to see some WRs like KB, Streater, Kerley, Ray Ray, and Lee make some really nice catches.Gives me hope!

As far as QBs, I thought AJ was the clear winner.  If you just go by stats, he and Nasty Nate were close.  But AJ looks like a real QB.  He floats in the pocket to buy time, he steps up into the pocket, and delivers nice passes. He also improvised well on the 62 yard play rolling right to avoid pressure than then throwing all the way across the field to the open WR in stride. By far the best QB play of the day IMHO. We scored the most points with him in (10).

Nasty Nate looked like he did in the final pre season game last year.  Drop back and throw right away to a guy short often standing still.  The scramble pass to KB was a thing of beauty.  Playing with the 1st string WRs helped him..

Josh to me looked like the project advertised in scouting reports from the Spring.  Made some really good plays and some really bad ones.  Who he was playing with contributed I'm sure.  Once he gets a little chemistry with the WRs hopefully he can hit some of those long balls.

Murphy the RB looked good.  Who is this Lee kid that caught that pass late.  Nice catch. The pass to Ivory and h the YAC was nice to see.

go Bills.  On to Cleveland.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's pretty simple you cripple. They traded up to draft Allen in the top 10. So, no, I don't want him taking hits and playing with guys who are going to get cut in meaningless games.

If the excuse is his footwork and you have no plans on playing him, then just have him focus on footwork. I wasn't hating on Allen at all, it's the opposite of a hot take, it's pragmatic simple boy, I mean cripple boy.

Not paying attention to your argument at all.

Just staring bewildered by your attempts to insult.

Carry on.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not sure you know me well enough to refer to me that way you old bastard.  

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Or maybe he'd get 1.2 seconds of protection against a 1st team D-Line & Linebackers? Did you see how San Diego's line destroyed us last  year? We lost both Incognito & Woods since then, so it's unlikely to have improved by losing our 2 best players on the unit.

The point in regards to Tyrod is that unlike Mahomes, Jackson and Rudolph, this will be his 8th season, and 4th as a starter.

How many seasons have Jackson, Mahomes & Rudolph played so far? Soooo...regardless of what Tyrod does in the preseason, we all know who the F' he is. It's not a mystery, therefore we can make educated estimates as to his average production -_-

what i don't get is the drooling over tyrod 5-5 etc. so does that mean he threw 5-5 on 2 different series for 99 yards (apiece or total?)....i'm curious....not enough to research it though.