Pre-Season Game #1 - What/who are you concentrating on?

Before the kick-off, I'm interested what positions and expectations you have for the first pre-season game.  Here are a few of mine:

DEFENSE

• I do NOT expect much from the defense overall or last year's starters. I imagine they'll run a simple game plan to see who individuals read, react and complete assignments. 
  • Having said that, I'll what the following closely:
    • Lawson/Adolphus - Are they winning battles? Being disruptive? Playing like their jobs are on the line?
    • Back-up Linebackers - Anyone look like they could challenge LoAlex for playing time and/or put Huber on the hot seat?
    • I'd like to see the second and third secondary units in action. Right now the depth has great potential and curious how the work together. 

OFFENSE

• Yes, the QB battle is fun but I'm much more concerned about the OLINE starters. They battle everyday with a very good defense but let's hope they can withstand Carolina.
  • OLINE again: individual battles, do they work well together, provide sufficient time and holes?  Difficult to assess QBs if they are running for their life and RBs have no where to go. 
  • Can anyone threaten Mills at LT?
  • Assuming QBs have some time to work the passing game, I'm most curious about Streater, Reilly and Dupre. Can Proehl make a difference in "game time?"  

SPECIAL TEAMS

• Who gets first team snaps? Anyone standout?  

Not a damn thing to be honest, just get out healthy.

People overreact to the pre-season. In turn people overreact to those people overreacting. Which then leased to the people who were overreacting about the pre-season, overeating about the overreaction of those who overreacted to those overreacting about the pre-season. 

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 2

Can’t really ‘concentrate’ on any particular player/position. Strategies will be vanilla and constant substitutions won’t tell the untrained eye anything, good or bad. Every year, there’s surprise players in preseason who don’t make the final cut and players who fans believe have no business being in the League make a team.

Sure, I’m anxious to see our 2 1st rounders perform, but there’s little to no long lasting impact either way. Im HOPING for no injuries to projected starters.

For me it is always the rookies. Obviously Allen, but I'm excited to watch Phillips, I want to see him dominate. Siran Neal will be interesting to me too. How will he look with the big bump in talent around him?

Correction - I am going to concentrate on how much Beer i am drinking, I am not in regular season form so I have to work my way up to it.

One beer per quarter is the goal, today.

I'll report back on the performance in detail tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Correction - I am going to concentrate on how much Beer i am drinking, I am not in regular season form so I have to work my way up to it.

One beer per quarter is the goal, today.

I'll report back on the performance in detail tomorrow. 

Unless you're talking about very high-test IPAs, I would think you'd set a loftier goal for yourself than just 4 beers over a 3 hour game, even if getting back into form. At the very least, start with a pre-gamer and chug one at half-time. Get that 6 pack down and then you're on your way...

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Not a damn thing to be honest, just get out healthy.

People overreact to the pre-season. In turn people overreact to those people overreacting. Which then leased to the people who were overreacting about the pre-season, overeating about the overreaction of those who overreacted to those overreacting about the pre-season. 

Calm down!