Kim Pegula Q&A Interview with The Athletic - Subscription Required

Kim Pegula Q&A: On the arrival of brighter days with the...

PITTSFORD, N.Y. — Through smiles, jokes and laughs, Kim Pegula showed how comfortable she is as one of the most powerful women in sports. And she has good reasons to be in a great mood.

Her teams crushed the offseason.

The Buffalo Bills, with shrewd moves by general manager Brandon Beane, added quarterback Josh Allen and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds in the first 16 picks of the NFL Draft. Their arrival came after the Bills finally eased fans’ anguish by ending a 17-year playoff drought.

The Buffalo Sabres won the NHL Draft Lottery and selected potential game-changing defenseman Rasmus Dahlin with the No. 1 pick. Through trades and free agency, GM Jason Botterill surrounded Dahlin and franchise center Jack Eichel with goaltending and much-needing scoring help, including three-time 30-goal man Jeff Skinner.

The Buffalo Beauts of the National Women’s Hockey League made headlines across North America by signing goalie Shannon Szabados, a three-time Canadian Olympian who previously played in men’s leagues.

Toss in control of yet another arena and significant upgrades to the others, and Pegula is riding an enviable wave.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I really love Kim Pegula -- in the most non-sexual manner possible.  A true rising superstar in professional sports ownership.  Buffalo fans are so fortunate.

seems much smarter than her husband.....looks like both teams finally have good GMs.....things looking up

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

seems much smarter than her husband.....looks like both teams finally have good GMs.....things looking up

Unfair statement -- Terry has earned billions of dollars building a business and is a remarkably smart man.  Kim does seem to be better suited for the sports ownership role, and what's better, she is really enjoying it.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Unfair statement -- Terry has earned billions of dollars building a business and is a remarkably smart man.  Kim does seem to be better suited for the sports ownership role, and what's better, she is really enjoying it.

No, it's not...I never said he wasn't smart.....I said she seems smarter....is that not possible?

Just now, nucci said:

No, it's not...I never said he wasn't smart.....I said she seems smarter....is that not possible?

Whether or not it's "possible" for Kim to be "smarter" than Terry is irrelevant.  Your comment was poorly phrased and whether you intended it or not, it was an unnecessary dig at Terry.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, eball said:

Kim is more personable, and comfortable with the media.  Not taking anything away from either of them because they are obviously a successful team.  They both have different strengths and are using them for our benefit, so win-win..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Kim Pegula Q&A Interview with The Athletic - Subscription Required
33 minutes ago, nucci said:

Terry is an engineer. He is smart he is just a little socially awkward.

Comparing the two intellects doesn't seem relevant. But she definitely should be the one in the spotlight more which appears she will be as the teams president. 

58 minutes ago, eball said:

I really love Kim Pegula -- in the most non-sexual manner possible.  A true rising superstar in professional sports ownership.  Buffalo fans are so fortunate.

She's proven that she's better with the media than her husband.  Not sure how good of an "owner," she is, yet; but I'm hopeful.

And I think she's pretty effin' hot, too.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

She's proven that she's better with the media than her husband.  Not sure how good of an "owner," she is, yet; but I'm hopeful.

My usual reply to all threads KIM.

kim hot.jpg

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And that's why I phrased my original comment the way I did.  I'm taking her at what she says and does, which is how she should be judged.  Too many men still think they have to add a comment about a woman's attractiveness when discussing her business accomplishments, and women still have to do much more -- particularly in this field -- to be placed on equal footing with the old boys' club.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

And that's why I phrased my original comment the way I did.  I'm taking her at what she says and does, which is how she should be judged.  Too many men still think they have to add a comment about a woman's attractiveness when discussing her business accomplishments, and women still have to do much more -- particularly in this field -- to be placed on equal footing with the old boys' club.

If she was ugly, I'd have pointed that out, too.  Pointing out that she's a smokeshow doesn't take away from her accomplishments.

What are her accomplishments, anyway?

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If she was ugly, I'd have pointed that out, too.  Pointing out that she's a smokeshow doesn't take away from her accomplishments.

What are her accomplishments, anyway?

She "fired" Russ.  

She gets an A+ for that. 

• Like (+1) 1