Incognito says he wants to play this year and Vikings called him

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Dude, seriously.  Hand-waving and laughing emojis like this is some small, trivial thing is not going to help.  You retired, claiming health issues, postured for a release and then went ape, chucking a barbell, dropping the f-bomb and outright saying you really didn't feel like going to training camp, like it was optional.  But, really, that last line sums it up.

"There isn't an off switch for savage mode to regular life."

There is.  Most people have one.  A lot of football players are outright beasts on the field and completely different off it.  You either didn't have one, or there's a loose wire causing that switch to occasionally lock in 'savage' mode.  That's...not healthy, and when I say you need help, I mean that sincerely, not mockingly.

1 minute ago, teef said:

it does, and it's sad.

I get the feeling that football is his crutch and now that he doesn't have it....it's hard for him to keep sane.  Going on these bizarre twitter rants is probably him just trying to pass time or something.  Sounds like he's got nothing to keep him occupied which eventually that could get ugly.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I get the feeling that football is his crutch and now that he doesn't have it....it's hard for him to keep sane.  Going on these bizarre twitter rants is probably him just trying to pass time or something.  Sounds like he's got nothing to keep him occupied which eventually that could get ugly.

if something bad does happen to cogs, do you think certain members here will try to blame the bills?

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I seem to remember a lot of sympathy for Dareus.  After the first suspension, the drag racing right before he signed a big contract.  He's young, we said.  He's adrift, we said.  He's suffered incredible loss in his life, all those people in his family or close to him being killed or dying.  That's got to mess with a kid's mind.  He's gonna turn the corner, so let's celebrate "Mr Big Stuff"s big contract.

Even after the disappointing 2015 season and the 2016 4 game suspension when the statement was issued that he had decided to seek help and enter a rehab facility, I remember a lot of folks being sympathetic. 

Only then it came out, "Cap Hat"s idea of rehab was partying down on Chippewa followed by hanging out in Virginia Beach with Bruce Smith, and he came back and mailed it in.

2017: Out of shape, late for meetings, violating team rules, said to be sleeping in meetings, visibly taking plays off.  All of that sharply eroded Dareus sympathy base in Buffalo.

In contrast, while he was here, no one had anything bad to say about the effort or team participation that Incognito put in.  He was all in, all the time, every play, never a word about him being late or missing busses or sleeping through meetings.

If Dareus had gone to rehab as he said he would, sought mental health treatment (as Cog did when he was out of the league after JMart) and then put in 100% effort with the team and on the field, his off field issues would probably be viewed more sympathetically.    Right now, with Ritchie missing a few Cogs and acting out, he isn't garnering a lot of sympathy that I see and if he acted like that and were still here, I don't think he'd get any.  The boy is cray-cray and we want him to "seek professional help"

I am Alabama fan and I had little sympathy for Dareus. The watershed for me was when he showed up to camp fat and out of shape and then worked on a deal to buy another bar in BHM when he was on leave for his brother's funeral. Buying a bar shouldn't be part of the grieving process.

Edited by Sky Diver

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Odd, when I DO HAVE the Bills, I kind of get the same reaction! 

I can really see how losing something he’s done for most of his life and having way too much free time on his hands can create a very real sense of loss, a lot on anxiety....and his frightening behavior. 

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I am Alabama fan and I had little sympathy for Dareus. The watershed for me was when he showed up to camp fat and out of shape and then worked on a deal to buy another bar in BHM when he took time off for his brother's funeral.

Ha!  Never heard about that.  Yeah, would have reduced my sympathy quotient.

When a certified 'Bama homer (meaning no offense, Diver, impression you wear that proudly) lacks sympathy for a 'Bama alum, that's saying something.

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Odd, when I DO HAVE the Bills, I kind of get the same reaction! 

I can really see how losing something he’s done for most of his life and having way too much free time on his hands can create a very real sense of loss, a lot on anxiety....and his frightening behavior. 

If you think about it, he started at least in HS playing football...strong possibility even before that.

He's now mid 30's...football has probably been with him most of his life and now it's gone.  

I played college ball and it was weird when I was done....like really weird.  I started when I was 5 until I was 22...that's a major piece of your life just gone.

I do feel I'm a little more stable mentally than Richie so I've been okay.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Especially OLmen where unit cohesion is so important - as recognized by 'Cog himself when he's not in whatever altered state he's in.

I really like the guy.   It's a shame he's so messed up.  

28 minutes ago, teef said:

if something bad does happen to cogs, do you think certain members here will try to blame the bills?

“The downward spiral all started when the Bills traded Sammy Watkins... the mental burden of losing the beloved decoy was more than Richie could take... On the next 30 for 30.”

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“The downward spiral all started when the Bills traded Sammy Watkins... the mental burden of losing the beloved decoy was more than Richie could take... On the next 30 for 30.”

He also cannot get the constant clanging sound of footballs ricocheting fof of Zay's frying pans.   

7 hours ago, teef said:

do you really not understand why the bills moved on from him?  

I guess not. Why don’t you teach me. Your personal attacks are getting just weird.  You could learn some mental health from Richie.