Best Position Groups

As a distraction from the dog days of camp, thought it would be fun to see how everyone grades the position groups in the NFL. 

Here's a breakdown that makes sense to me, but you can arrange it however you'd like. 

QB: 

RB:

WR and TE: 

O-Line

D-Line (excluding pass rushers): 

Pass Rushers: 

Line Backers (Off ball): 

Secondary: 

Special Teams: 

Feel free to rearrange it how you'd like, or to drill down more (such as Cornerback specific, TE specific, whatever.) 

Also, you can rate based on who the best is this exact moment, or you can project who will be the best this coming season. 

Have fun. 

EDIT: I meant what team has the best groups at these positions. But Ranking the bills compared to the league is good too!

Edited by whatdrought

Secondary, dline, backs, linebackers, QBs, Wr, oline.

The development of Edmunds and Allen determine where those groups fall.  The addition of Colman gives wr the upper hand over oline which still has a lot of questions inside.

• Like (+1) 1

QB: This is a difficult one to say. I think the Eagles have it due to their depth, but the injury to Wentz is obviously a big question mark. 

RB: Falcons-

WR and TE: Steelers? Jessie James is meh, but Brown, Shuster, and now Washington will be a formidable group. The Falcons could probably fit here too. The vikings get some play as well, but they don't have three good receivers. 

O-Line: Cowboys. Rich get richer with the addition of Williams 

D-Line (excluding pass rushers): 

Pass Rushers: Chargers. Broncos could be there as well, but Bosa and Ingram are insane. 

Line Backers (Off ball): I want to say Panthers, but Thomas and Keuchley have both been hurt lately. Honestly the Vikings probably get the nod with Kendricks and Barr. 

Secondary: Honestly, the bills are close to this. The Jags are probably a bit better, but their safeties are questionable. The Vikings are sneaky good in the back as well. 

Special Teams: Rams. 

QB:    New England

RB:   Pittsburgh

WR and TE:   Pittsburgh

O-Line   Pittsburgh

D-Line (excluding pass rushers):   Houston

Pass Rushers:   Houston

Line Backers (Off ball):   Green Bay

Secondary:   Buffalo

Special Teams:  Buffalo

Edited by Irv

Great post by the OP.  A fun game, I'll give it a try: 

QB:  Green Bay if depth is not considered.  But the Eagles due to depth.  Winning a SB with a backup is solid, and Wentz is good. 

RB: Saints.  Ingram and Kamara are the best 1-2 punch in the league.  Also, will be interesting to see Jonathan Williams while Ingram is serving his suspension.  Close second is the Falcons.   New England could be a surprise here with rookie Sony Michel plus Jeremy HIll, James White and Gillisslee 

WR and TE: Steelers.  Taking the best WR in the game in Antonio Brown, paired with a great rookie in JuJu Smith, along with a promising rookie in James Washington and you have the top, without even considering the TE position.  Jesse James has improved every year, and I expect will see even more action this year.  Houston is close here with Hopkins and Fuller.  The Raiders look interesting with Cooper and Nelson (who was on fire pre-Rodgers injury), but have too many question marks.  (is Cooper really a WR1?  How will Nelson fare w/o Rodgers even though Carr is good, and will M. Bryant be good, or is he washed-up.  

O-Line: Cowboys. Hard to argue with this one.  

D-Line (excluding pass rushers): Rams.  Even before the addition of Shu, A. Donald was dominant.  Now they are paired together.  

Pass Rushers: Agree with another poster, so I'll just copy him: "Chargers. Broncos could be there as well, but Bosa and Ingram are insane."   If we are talking D-line rushers, then I'd go with the Jaguars.  Underappreciated group: Arizona Cardinals, with Chandler Jones and Markus Golden.  

Line Backers (Off ball):  I'd go Vikings as a poster above stated, Barr and Kendricks are fantastic.  I also think Barr is undervalued.  Another option is Seattle, with Bobbi Wagner and K.J Wright and Mingo.  But Mingo is a huge ??.  Can Pete Carrol do another turn-around here!?   

Secondary:  Bills.  I think the Jaguars are over-hyped here.  Are they great, yes.  But the Bills have what looks like 2 top 10 corners in White and Davis, and top safeties in Hyde and Poyer.  The entire pass defense last year was reliant on great coverage due to our inability to rush the passer.  Imagine what will happen if we can pressure the QB this year! 

Special Teams: Ravens.  Justin Tucker is fantastic.  If the Rams could get into FG range more often, he would be more valuable in fantasy!  

47 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Great post by the OP.  A fun game, I'll give it a try: 

QB:  Green Bay if depth is not considered.  But the Eagles due to depth.  Winning a SB with a backup is solid, and Wentz is good. 

RB: Saints.  Ingram and Kamara are the best 1-2 punch in the league.  Also, will be interesting to see Jonathan Williams while Ingram is serving his suspension.  Close second is the Falcons.   New England could be a surprise here with rookie Sony Michel plus Jeremy HIll, James White and Gillisslee 

WR and TE: Steelers.  Taking the best WR in the game in Antonio Brown, paired with a great rookie in JuJu Smith, along with a promising rookie in James Washington and you have the top, without even considering the TE position.  Jesse James has improved every year, and I expect will see even more action this year.  Houston is close here with Hopkins and Fuller.  The Raiders look interesting with Cooper and Nelson (who was on fire pre-Rodgers injury), but have too many question marks.  (is Cooper really a WR1?  How will Nelson fare w/o Rodgers even though Carr is good, and will M. Bryant be good, or is he washed-up.  

O-Line: Cowboys. Hard to argue with this one.  

D-Line (excluding pass rushers): Rams.  Even before the addition of Shu, A. Donald was dominant.  Now they are paired together.  

Pass Rushers: Agree with another poster, so I'll just copy him: "Chargers. Broncos could be there as well, but Bosa and Ingram are insane."   If we are talking D-line rushers, then I'd go with the Jaguars.  Underappreciated group: Arizona Cardinals, with Chandler Jones and Markus Golden.  

Line Backers (Off ball):  I'd go Vikings as a poster above stated, Barr and Kendricks are fantastic.  I also think Barr is undervalued.  Another option is Seattle, with Bobbi Wagner and K.J Wright and Mingo.  But Mingo is a huge ??.  Can Pete Carrol do another turn-around here!?   

Secondary:  Bills.  I think the Jaguars are over-hyped here.  Are they great, yes.  But the Bills have what looks like 2 top 10 corners in White and Davis, and top safeties in Hyde and Poyer.  The entire pass defense last year was reliant on great coverage due to our inability to rush the passer.  Imagine what will happen if we can pressure the QB this year! 

Special Teams: Ravens.  Justin Tucker is fantastic.  If the Rams could get into FG range more often, he would be more valuable in fantasy!  

Can't believe I couldn't think of the rams for the best Dline. Jags also probably are right up there as well- I expect Tavon Bryan to be good in that line. 

Secondary, I really think it could go either way with the Bills. If Davis plays well and someone steps up in the nickel, and we keep consistent from last year, i think it could be us. (a better front 7 will help so much!)

I also think the Titans may be pushing for this shortly. Jackson and Butler make a great combo, and Byard is one of the best. 

Also, The Chargers have been great lately. (though having the best pass rush helps)  

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

QB - Pats

RB - Saints

pass catchers - Vikings

OL - Titans

DL - Rams

Pass Rush - Chargers

LB - Vikings

Secondary - Jags (Bills right there though)

ST - Ravens 

Definitely one that I thought about. Having a great TE and two great WR is rare. 

Giants could surprise in this category as well if the offense bounces back.

• Like (+1) 2