Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

we would be diligent and properly frugal to develop the Offense.

Mack might be a D coordinators pipe dream.
But for me, its going to be too much scratch to bring home this bacon called Mack. not smart. fun ? hell yes !

what happens he blows a knee this year in Buffalo ? torn patellar.
could happen and we are screwed. not the way to build a team.

imho....

Just now, Bangarang said:

I think I saw Khalil Mack just go through a Mighty Taco drive thru.

Was he wearing anything Bills related?  Was he on his phone saying, "I'm your man, Coach McD."  Was the radio playing the shout song?  Was he with Kim Pegula?  Were, well you know..there any other clues?  Hopefully, he wasn't with Antonio Callaway....

6 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Was he wearing anything Bills related?  Was he on his phone saying, "I'm your man, Coach McD."  Was the radio playing the shout song?  Was he with Kim Pegula?  Were, well you know..there any other clues?  Hopefully, he wasn't with Antonio Callaway....

His next stop was a convenience store for some Zantac and Tums, so he’s a high IQ kind of guy. A man with a plan! 

25 minutes ago, McBean said:

If ANY of this is true and we do indeed land Mack, we have a chance to have a great team for a decade IF Josh Allen is the real deal.

BTW, I don’t believe anything is going to happen.

Something will happen, sometime. I seriously doubt THAT happens. 

But I’m not a Gruden fan, so maybe he comes in with a BANG! 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Something will happen, sometime. I seriously doubt THAT happens. 

But I’m not a Gruden fan, so maybe he comes in with a BANG! 

So you're saying there's a chance?!?!?!

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

So you're saying there's a chance?!?!?!

Always! 

Until, of course...there is not. 

And thank you for passing on the opportunity to show me his face. 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

we would be diligent and properly frugal to develop the Offense.

Mack might be a D coordinators pipe dream.
But for me, its going to be too much scratch to bring home this bacon called Mack. not smart. fun ? hell yes !

what happens he blows a knee this year in Buffalo ? torn patellar.
could happen and we are screwed. not the way to build a team.

imho....

You can't play the "what if" game.  ANY player on our roster could go down at any time, so you can't make a decision to get a player or not to get a player based on "what if he gets hurts" - it just goes with the territory.  It's rare a player like Mack would become available at this stage in his career.  Defense wins championships.  This defense would be absolutely suffocating to opponents.  The offense will develop just fine - they work hand-in-hand with a great defense setting up the offense in better field position.  You have a chance at a guy like Mack, you take it.

I'll go on record and say I would trade a 1st, a conditional 4th, and Shaq for Kahlil Mack in a heart beat! Not even Nick Bosa is as sure of a thing as Mack is. I can't imagine how elite our defense would be with an elite pass rusher added to what we already have.