Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Expecting Mack and getting Penn would be a major bummer. 

Probably trading Penn to free up some CA$H for Mack.  This is getting more disappointing than finding out that Dunkirk Don was a farce.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PIZ said:

Probably trading Penn to free up some CA$H for Mack.  This is getting more disappointing than finding out that Dunkirk Don was a farce.

Cash isn't worth too much if they don't pick up the phone. 

I really want this to blow up (even if we don't get Mack) just so we can all laugh at Gruden. 

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Why would anyone take the time to vote unsure?

Maybe because both sides of the argument have valid points, therefore the poster might not be sure what would benefit the team more.

At first I was very strongly in favor...but the more I thought about it the more I felt it would cripple our chances for improving the offense.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but there was a SILVER (one of the Raiders colors) Ford Taurus parked outside Tempo with a UB bumper sticker. Tim Russert's Nephew's barber just told me.

Oh brother ?

7 hours ago, teef said:

the bills gave up the "farm" to get allen?  did you really just say that?

I was wondering where you were. No I guess they didn’t give up anything.  You feel better man?  

Edited by nedboy7

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Would you be OK with the Bills trading a first round pick and then signing him to a big extension considering our pick will be top 10 next year most likely?

Beanie could get Mack for a 2025 5th rounder, a Huffy bike tire and a left 1986 Red and Black Air Jordan.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Well according to the poster here who spoke to Astro we have another day before this happens. Anyone want to lock in their predictions before something happens?

My prediction is absolutely nothing is happening beyond a massive upswing in twitter followers for this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I was wondering where you were. No I guess they didn’t give up anything.  You feel better man?  

let's be a big boy here.  do you think giving up 2 seconds is giving up the farm?  again...is this just another platform for you to complain, (not debate) about the bills?  go look at the rg3 trade.  that is trading away the farm.  start making some sense in your posts.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Big Ben is probably going to the HOF.

When Baltimore did it, Flacco was playing on a level way higher than Tyrod is capable of playing at. 

I'll give you Trent Dilfer, but the odds of winning a Superbowl via the "great defense" route are slim. 

Mack doesn't change this team's win/loss column enough to justify the cost.

Seahawks and Broncos just did in the last 5 years. Not sure what you mean by slim odds

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I respect your point, but mack turned 27 a few months ago. He’s in his prime. Rather than young, maybe “cheap” is more appropriate. I can respect that in a year deep in DLine. GREAT also appeals to me, so I guess it depends upon the cost. A 7th in 2022 works for me.  ?. I’m glad we pay people to do this better than I could. 

Agree.

Hitting on the draft and getting the 5 years of cheap production is how teams must build in today's NFL.  27 years old is prime, yes, but  after prime comes age, which means we missed out on this youth. Not to say he isn't great, and would be a great addition, I just wouldn't give him the kind of contract that haunts teams once a player starts to age. 

Beane may see it differently, but I doubt they will pen him to a monster contract. 

Edited by George C

Even if we cant get Mack.....I would still like to be in on the Donald Penn trade.

With Dawkins and Penn book ending the OT spots...this group looks a lot better.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Agree.

Hitting on the draft and getting the 5 years of cheap production is how teams must build in today's NFL.  27 years old is prime, yes, but  after prime comes age, which means we missed out on this youth. Not to say he isn't great, and would be a great addition, I just wouldn't give him the kind of contract that haunts teams once a player starts to age. 

Beane may see it differently, but I doubt they will pen him to a monster contract. 

We have to use that cap space the team has put together next year SOMEHOW

If not on a difference maker like this....then who?

• Like (+1) 1