Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

6 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Just spoke with Astro. Says, it will all materialize in the next 48 hours..... Im just the messanger

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Mack is the most likely since:

a. The posters conservative track record indicates this will be for a blue chip guy. He is not likely to say Beane is not done for a Coleman type trade (note: I love the Coleman trade - but he is not a blue chipper)

b. The timing that something is going to happen in the next few days is the big giveaway - There are two elements that are needed for a Mack trade - 1. agreeing to terms with the raiders and 2. agreeing to extension terms with Mack. I suspect that 1. is done and 2. is ongoing. Without both of these two elements, why would there be advance notice of something big in a few days? If it is a straightforward trade without any extensions, it would have been announced already.

That said, Aaron Donald will meet these criteria as well - so there is something to what you say.

giphy.webp

• Haha (+1) 3

Honest question: How does Mack compare to Bosa and the other top DLine guys in this draft?  Follow up: How do the costs compare over 4-5 years? Then: Do we get a shot at those top guys? Mack is a proven (but expensive) commodity. I can’t say that I have a firm opinion. 

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seems worth the pittance we gave up for him to give him a shot now that Foster has forgotten how to catch a football with his hands.

What is he catching it with now? I'm not picky. 

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Mack is the most likely since:

a. The posters conservative track record indicates this will be for a blue chip guy. He is not likely to say Beane is not done for a Coleman type trade (note: I love the Coleman trade - but he is not a blue chipper yet)

b. The timing that something is going to happen in the next few days is the big giveaway - There are two elements that are needed for a Mack trade - 1. agreeing to terms with the raiders and 2. agreeing to extension terms with Mack. I suspect that 1. is done and 2. is ongoing. Without both of these two elements, why would there be advance notice of something big in a few days? If it is a straightforward trade without any extensions, it would have been announced already.

That said, Aaron Donald will meet these criteria as well - so there is something to what you say.

I can agree with everything you said. Except I think 2 is done and 1 is ongoing. 

Edited by Lfod

If I were the Bills, I would offer my 1 and other stuff to try and get Mack.  He is not averse to cold weather, he likes Buffalo, and he is a proven great player, AND you have the cap room for it.  IF you can get him, you do it.  That said, the Packers are in win now mode, and they are the only team as of right now with 2 1st round picks in the 2019 draft.  They may be inclined to offer up both of those for Mack...(I'd do it) 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

An extremely dominate D can win Super Bowls.  Ravens have done it, Tampa did with Trent Dilfer as QB, Steelers nearly made the super bowl Big Ben's rookie year on the back of their D.  

Trent Dilfer was the QB of the Ravens, Brad Johnson was the QB for Tampa.

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

If I were the Bills, I would offer my 1 and other stuff to try and get Mack.  He is not averse to cold weather, he likes Buffalo, and he is a proven great player, AND you have the cap room for it.  IF you can get him, you do it.  That said, the Packers are in win now mode, and they are the only team as of right now with 2 1st round picks in the 2019 draft.  They may be inclined to offer up both of those for Mack...(I'd do it) 

It's cool outside fans visit the board to leave perspective. It's good to see the view  from fans of other teams. Anyway back on topic responding to your post. 

Honestly if I am the Bills I might just pass it up if the Packers are just going to come over the top and raise up the price. I think the Bills had a good defense last season. It definitely was the teams strength in my view. Adding a player like Mack is over kill at this point. 

If the Bills landed Mack I would love it because I know it would just be another threat. I myself wouldn't be as desperate to make it happen. If I could swing it cool. I think I would pool my rescources into finding ways to score more points overall. 

20 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I can agree with everything you said. Except I think 2 is done and 1 is ongoing. 

Ongoing?   I don’t know that Beane would make such a deal without an extension in place.  Astro suggesting that this deal might “materialize” within the next 48 hours gives me pause on my hopes for KM.

He will receive the largest contract for a defensive player, ever.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ongoing?   I don’t know that Beane would make such a deal without an extension in place.  Astro suggesting that this deal might “materialize” within the next 48 hours gives me pause on my hopes for KM.

Until Aaron Donald gets his deal.

Edited by purple haze

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Astro says 48 hours then I agree a deal is in place. Landing Mack would definitely be a big deal. I agree with a lot of you that Mack makes a lot of sense.

I kinda hope something happens in the next few days because this thread has me hyped up. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just don't see how the BIlls can even make the move, given the amount of money the team has already spent on the D-line. Murphy isnt going anywhere, Hughes has too much dead cap money this year to be able to take on Mack's contract. Yes, the Bills have plenty of flexibility moving forward, but none to speak of this season. 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Honest question: How does Mack compare to Bosa and the other top DLine guys in this draft?  Follow up: How do the costs compare over 4-5 years? Then: Do we get a shot at those top guys? Mack is a proven (but expensive) commodity. I can’t say that I have a firm opinion. 

For me, Mack is the sort of player who comes at a high price but who doesn't impact the bottom line of wins and losses on a team like the Bills.  

Without an established, proven QB, Mack isn't the right fit here. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

By your leave, fellow Mod.

Actually, it’s not.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/espn-raiders-de-khalil-mack-could-be-a-trade-candidate/amp/