Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Uggh....

There is no way in hell that Beane is going to involve Edmunds in a trade for Mack.

Get over it.

And if this actually happens.............. I will apologize directly to you. That's how confident I am that this will NEVER happen.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hard to ignore proven talent, but it may be on time where potential and cost effectiveness rule.

(Regardless of different positions.) 

Oh, Edmunds is going to be a beast.  Pray he remains healthy.  God doesn’t make too many football players with his mix of size/speed/talent.  

Davis might literally not have the $$ in the bank to pay Mack his signing bonus...

Mack is great but trading a great  LB for a supposedly top 1-2 pick plus some throw ins is a decent deal I think

Bills pick might be 20-30 range but everyone thinks we'll be terrible so that might help...

Uggh....

He missed that we are offering a 2034 5th rounder for Mack, but the Raiders will save all that cap space for Gruden’s offense. 

Or, just maybe, we’re not all on the same page here. We will not be signing Mack, so, whatever.....

Just now, njbuff said:

There is no way in hell that Beane is going to involve Edmunds in a trade for Mack.

Get over it.

And if this actually happens.............. I will apologize directly to you. That's how confident I am that this will NEVER happen.

No one ever said Edmunds would be part of any trade.  What the hell are you talking about, dude?!  Please read through the thread before you post stupid ****.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Raiders hold all the cards except the credit card....

Yes, but those cards are held my a coach who's been out of the league for 10 years, and only success came from taking a team a HOF head coach built to a Super Bowl and them dismantling it.

Let's not kid ourselves. The Raiders are nearly at Browns level of organizational disfunction

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn

Just now, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Yes, but those cards are hekd my a coach who's been out of the league for 10 years, and only success came from taking a team a HOF head coach built to a Super Bowl and them dismantling it.

Lwt's not kid ourselves. The Raiders are nearly at Browns level of organizational disfunction

My point exactly.

Their owner is broke as far as NFL owners go. Just plain doesn't have the cash to pay Mack. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

All logical signs would tend to point to Adolphus or Shaq being dealt for a late round pick.

Or, Beane could shock us and trade FOR another quality player. But at what position would that happen? And for what player? 

Spittin' in the wind...

I'm going with literally not done at WR. That's all I got. 

12 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Why are we assuming the trade isn't for Aaron Donald? How have we focused solely on Mack?

Donald is a DT.  

Given our current personnel, I don’t feel strongly that Beane would make a huge move for him.  DE is going to be a glaring need for this team.  Hughes is getting up there, Murphy is a big fat ?, and you know the story after them.

3 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

You guys have all gone a bit crazy whoever thinks we would trade a LB we just moved up for in the draft for another LB.  Because that would make alot of sense.  Fine me a trade like this that has ever happened. 

Wow.  Did you actually read through the thread.  Quote a single post where anyone suggests including Edmunds in a trade would be a smart idea.  Go ahead...I’ll wait.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

Donald is a DT.  

Given our current personnel, I don’t feel strongly that Beane would make a huge move for him.  DE is going to be a glaring need for this team.  Hughes is getting up there, Murphy is a big fat ?, and you know the story after them.

I was mainly kidding. But I see our DT situation as not great after this season. Just Star and Phillips. Need to be able to have a rotation in there. 

4 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I was mainly kidding. But I see our DT situation as not great after this season. Just Star and Phillips. Need to be able to have a rotation in there. 

Hey.  I LOVE me some Aaron Donald.  But I think DE is a more pressing need (especially if there is a stud available), and DT depth can be attained in the draft/FA.  WTF do I know though....?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hey.  I LOVE me some Aaron Donald.  But I think DE is a more pressing need (especially if there is a stud available), and DT depth can be attained in the draft/FA.  WTF do I know though....?

Why not just trade Shaq for Mack and Adolpus for Donald? Both problems solved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1