T.O. works out for the CFL

4 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

He was an elite athlete in the NFL, and if he's in shape, I can't see why not.  I guess the bigger question would be whether or not his body can recover in time from week to week during the season.

He will break down quick.  There's no beating father time. 

Lots of guys could suit up and play one game at age 45-50 and do pretty well for themselves. TO just ran a sub 4.5 40 and looks like he is still in incredible shape. He could probably have a nice game or two before the hits took their toll and that 4.5 40 becomes a 4.8 40.

But as far as playing in the league full-time it doesn't work, because after that games there are 15 more games (at least). And practices, and workouts, and training sessions, all while that 45-50 year old body is trying to heal up from the last game still. Soreness lasts a lot longer. Bones and ligaments break a bit easier. Muscles pull cramp or tear a lot easier than they used to.

Look at Brady. He goes entire games without hardly being touched, and even still the past couple of years he has dealt with some nagging injury issues. Imagine if he actually took hits the way most QBs do, or guys at any other position do.

Edited by TheFunPolice

His skill, strength, and speed isn't really the issue. It's his body's ability to heal and recover week to week that is in question. I just don't see someone in their mod 40's having that ability.

Edited by MJS

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm wondering why haha. He must have never had much in his life other than football and the personality/confidence that gave him

Seems pretty clear to me, he's trying to give the NFL the finger at the same time he goes in the HOF.

• Like (+1) 1