Browns fans react to Coleman trade

Rigotz

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he can be one of the best DTs in the nfl if he is motivated and solves the one defensive weakness the Jags have. 

All well and good but for the last few years he hasn't shown to be motivated.  Not sure he is even marginally better than the guy who starts at 3 tech in Jacksonville's defense Malik Jackson, pretty much a toss up. 

Not even sure the guy starts the year on the active roster as he is still facing a possible suspension, and he was only a rotational player for them last year.   I am glad we got a 6th round pick for him. 

Edited by thenorthremembers

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If he stays healthy this could be  Goodwin type of player. A steal!

He plays a lot differently than Goodwin... who I like.. Goodwin is a lot faster on the field, but only really runs go routes , comebacks and outs

Coleman plays bigger, can high point the ball and is more like a poor mans steve smith or Odell right now. A smaller receiver who can play much bigger than his size, exceptional explosiveness 

If I was a Browns fan and thank GOD I am not, I was be extremely pissed off that I just got a 2020 7th round pick for a 1st round WR.  Thats on the surface.  This tells me that my FO was going to release him, 2 years after passing up on Wentz for this guy.  This amazes me.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

All well and good but for the last few years he hasn't shown to be motivated.  Not sure he is even marginally better than the guy who starts at 3 tech in Jacksonville's defense Malik Jackson, pretty much a toss up. 

Not even sure the guy starts the year on the active roster as he is still facing a possible suspension, and he was only a rotational player for them last year.   I am glad we got a 6th round pick for him. 

Agreed. Turns out motivation, or more the lack thereof, has long been a problem. I remember Chan complaining bitterly about how his coaches always had to be on him. And that was before he cashed in (and checked out). Now that he's rolling in money there is nothing left to motivate him.

Always disappointing to see a player with that much talent laze out but it happens. You aren't going to be good in this league unless you really want to be, no matter how gifted you are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

How could they possibly like the trade?

A 15th overall pick going into only the third year of his affordable rookie contract and who has shown promise when healthy....traded for a CONDITIONAL 7th round pick two years from now. 

What's to like?

15th overall?? Wow. Don't remember him. Interesting.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he can be one of the best DTs in the nfl if he is motivated and solves the one defensive weakness the Jags have. 

And if if you were the Browns, you are almost better holding onto to Coleman than what they got.  They must absolutely hate him.

I'm sure being sued by two separate women for potential infesting them with STDs will be motivation to get that next big contract that lazy POS.

2 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

In "Space" I hope.

Launch to outerspace

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

If I was a Browns fan and thank GOD I am not, I was be extremely pissed off that I just got a 2020 7th round pick for a 1st round WR.  Thats on the surface.  This tells me that my FO was going to release him, 2 years after passing up on Wentz for this guy.  This amazes me.

Oh Lord they traded down from the Wentz spot?

New regime doesn't want to waste time with ?s from the previous regime. The return seems surprising, but when you want the guys not bought into your program gone, you get rid of them. You don't wait around hoping to turn that 7th into a 5th.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He plays a lot differently than Goodwin... who I like.. Goodwin is a lot faster on the field, but only really runs go routes , comebacks and outs

Coleman plays bigger, can high point the ball and is more like a poor mans steve smith or Odell right now. A smaller receiver who can play much bigger than his size, exceptional explosiveness 

I'll take that any day. The teams problems involving wr's over the last 4-5 years has been injuries. If Coleman can stay on the field he'll have value. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Even if he sucks and we cut him by the end of camp, we gave up basically nothing for him.  I have no problem with spending a 7th round pick on a lottery ticket.

Yeah. Proehl is a seventh. That is a gamble round.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

this balances the 6th for Dareus trade

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

I saw someone post something along the lines of "Let's just save the time and effort and trade our 2019 first round draft pick for a 2021 7th round pick now"

I am sure OBD can up that pick to a 2019  6th rounder ;)

36 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Every trade we have had with Cleveland this offseason I feel like we have gotten the better side of the deal.  

My only hope is they fire Hue Jackson and hire Chip Kelly in 2019

No need to.

This regime is fleecing then now ;)