Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wonder if he’ll pass his physical with the hammy he’s been dealing with this summer?  Anyone know how he has looked this offseason?  Has he been limited by the hammy?

I see a lot of Browns fans saying he was having a good camp with them, and not happy about the return.

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I thought catch percentage meant catchable balls. If that just means targets his catch percentage is meaningless. Anyone questioning why the Browns gave up a high 3rd for Tyrod Taylor should watch that video.

Woof, indeed.  If KB hated Cam, what must Coleman think of DK?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, Cleveland must hate this guy and think he is completely worthless.  Why would you just give up on a former first rounder 2 years in for a garbage 7th rounder?  As limited as Shaq might be, I’d be pissed if we did this.  

From Albert Breer's MMQB column today:

5. I think analytics are a very useful tool for NFL teams, but Corey Coleman’s failure to make any dent in Cleveland is probably a good example of relying too much on numbers. He ran a sub-4.4 40 at his pro day, and was incredibly productive at Baylor—he notched 74 catches for 1,363 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2015. It was a priority for Cleveland to find guys who could get in the end zone, and Coleman clearly showed he could in Waco. But on the flip side, there were questions about his football IQ coming out of a simple offense, and his route-running ability, and that’s why there are more than a couple teams that aren’t very surprised at how his time in Cleveland ended, with Sunday’s trade to Buffalo for a bag of pylons.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/06/dak-prescott-cowboys-training-camp-2018-mmqb-breer

42 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve been seeing this on Twitter as well.  So maybe the hamstring thing has been a bit overblown?

It sounds like it's quite possibly a dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks issue (and he did get a 10 on the Wonderlic, which is freaking terrible). He has physical talent, though, and the Bills basically got him for free. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The board was so happy to trade Watkins? Please. A few people were, but most were not. I can dredge up the threads from the archive if you would like.

but i don’t really see any relevance  between trading SW and what would have been either a gigantic FA contract or nothing in return for a 2nd rd pick ...and trading a 7th in 2020 for a former 1st rounder and cheap player under contract for at least 2 more years other than they play the same position. 

some ppl try really hard to take 2 different situations and make them sound like the same situation

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Anyone caterwauling about this trade is doing so just to massage their own ego. The got the guy for next to nothing, and therefore have ZERO risk.

and all we need him to do is go routes and run deep to keep a safety and the back end occupied. that's all we need for right now. perfect trade.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Perspective also from @Pat_Thurman off that twitter thing 

Corey Coleman QBs:

Kizer: 8.5 games

RGIII: 5 games

McCown: 2 games

Kessler: 1 game

McCown/Kessler: 2 games

(2 full games w/ McCown: 13 tgt, 8 rec, 142 yds, 3 TD)

A couple fluke injuries and a QB clowncar in a 1-31 circus. 

The bolded needs to be repeated again and again! 

KB and Coleman on the outside with Kerley/Jones in the slot is not all that bad. 

Now if Beane can find a cheap swing tackle that can push to start at RT................................

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think you have to take some of these stats with a big grain of salt when you are talking about a historically bad team/offense, and a rookie QB that was starting when he really wasn't in the top half of backups in the league.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, eball said:

Until somebody breaks down the broad category of "targets" into catchable vs. uncatchable, the statistic of catches per targets means nothing.

Thank you!  Every reporter can't wait to throw out an advanced stat to knock Coleman but nobody mentions he was on an 0-16 team with a terrible, terrible QB.  

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Anyone caterwauling about this trade is doing so just to massage their own ego. The got the guy for next to nothing, and therefore have ZERO risk.

you would hope it was this simple.

23 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

You don't watch football much, do you? :)

Not the Browns, no. I don’t do fantasy either, so.... Fantasy is how and why my son knows a little TOO much about all things NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1