Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

Gonna echo just about everyone else- it’s a shot in the arm of arguably our weakest position. Guy has upside and we didn’t have to trade much to get him. He’s low cost and if he looks good we can add that 5th year on. This is a win for the Bills, and yet another great move by Beane.

5 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Daboll wants to use KB, 6'5" 245", as his new Gronk, 6'6" 265". With Coleman on the outside he can try to match KB up on a safety or a LB so he can use his size. We have all seen KB can't separate from a corner. The offense seems to be taking shape and it's going to look similar to NE.

I can envision that happening. I think KB will be an absolute monster in the slot. Coleman could have a similar role that Cooks had last season. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sorry, not a Goodwin fan. I’ll agree to disagree here. While he didn’t get a boffo deal with where he was picked, it was certainly enough to fund his devotion to his hobby. Running track. Time went on then s**t got real. Too bad he didn’t care much when he was in BUF. I’m not the only one who thinks this about MG. 

I could be wrong but I never heard of Goodwin not putting in 100% or any other stories of him being a ****ty teammate while he was in Buffalo, I think you are projecting a lot that just isn't there because he played a lot better as soon as he left Buffalo. It honestly isn't a coincidence that his first healthy season was his first breakout season. Goodwin missed. 26 games of action in his first 4 years in Buffalo and was consistently battling a lot of different types of injuries. I could be wrong but I never heard any reports of Goodwin not being a model citizen. Sometimes timing and luck just doesn't work out. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm with most everyone. It was a huge need. He's got speed and talent. Didn't give away anything. We're better there than we were yesterday. I'm not expecting a huge breakthrough, especially with a Baylor guy and the fact the Browns just gave him away, but I'm happy with it. I think we keep six WR and maybe seven if McCloud is the 7th and a KR and/or PR as well as gadget guy out of the backfield. 

I think the Bills keep 5 WRs and go heavier on RB and TE positions. 

Just now, greenyellowred said:

Over at the NFL forums, they are saying Cleveland is making room for Dez Bryant or Terrell Owens to fill the number two spot, since Josh Gordon may not be ready.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000945164/comments/browns-trade-corey-coleman-to-bills-for-draft-pick

Calloway is likely the player they want to pave more playing time for. If Gordon isn't ready I think they could go vet WR but it wouldn't be a distraction like Dez or TO. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

On paper, I would take Tyrod over AJ. That's not to say that "On Paper" means much. AJ to me is a game manager, kind of was in college and looked to be that type of player in limited action with the Bengals. Tyrod is a game manager but with a cannon arm and the ability to make plays with his legs that AJ simply can't make. I honestly expect all the same complaints that this board had with Tyrod (captain check down type stuff) when AJ takes the field. That's not to say that the Bills can't win with a conservative QB but I don't expect the huge uptick in QB production because the anti-Christ of QB's Tyrod isn't here. 

Aj does not have this job locked up. If Allen plays well against Carolina he will get the first team reps the following week. I'm reading between the lines of the press conferences but I believe that is the plan. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I could be wrong but I never heard of Goodwin not putting in 100% or any other stories of him being a ****ty teammate while he was in Buffalo, I think you are projecting a lot that just isn't there because he played a lot better as soon as he left Buffalo. It honestly isn't a coincidence that his first healthy season was his first breakout season. Goodwin missed. 26 games of action in his first 4 years in Buffalo and was consistently battling a lot of different types of injuries. I could be wrong but I never heard any reports of Goodwin not being a model citizen. Sometimes timing and luck just doesn't work out. 

He was training for the wrong sport. Not a coincidence he was suddenly healthy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That's not to say that the Bills can't win with a conservative QB

like we did last year?

that's the process. Protect the football. Play a tenacious opportunistic D.

i expect much of the same this year whoever is under center.

Just now, KennyDavisEyes said:

Is it just me, or is this Warren Sharp dude one of the current top dbags in existence?

No its not just you. Checking his twitter a lot of people think the same thing. Its like he has something personal against the BIlls.. Maybe he's like that with everyone, but he's largely irrelevant to me at this point

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think the Bills keep 5 WRs and go heavier on RB and TE positions. 

Depends on most all other positions. I think they keep two QBs so may take an extra WR. We have no idea who will be KR or PR. If they want Taiwan Jones to be KR we keep an extra RB. If we want a big safety to play a few downs we keep maybe 5 instead of 4. If they don't keep Holmes at WR they need a gunner on ST. My guess is no better than yours and you may be right. I just think the number of WR has to do as much with other positions as it does the talent at WR. Only 4-5 are going to dress. I think McCloud is the PR and will be used as a RB sometimes so he will be the last WR but dress, so they keep at least six. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

No its not just you. Checking his twitter a lot of people think the same thing. Its like he has something personal against the BIlls.. Maybe he's like that with everyone, but he's largely irrelevant to me at this point

Yeah I mean the guy is all over WGR proudly shouting out how he bet 6K against the Bills o/u win total this year all while Schopp slobers all over him like he’s some kind of genius and I’ve never heard of the guy. 

Cracks me up. Can’t wait to fill his inbox as our win total grows this season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Guy thinks he can still play. He’s talking about the CFL then NFL so why not the Browns. Looking at him I’d be inclined to think he can. 

i thought when he wasn't going to Canton it was because he was going to be in camp somewhere.

I'd give him a try out.

1 hour ago, dgrochester55 said:

I like the move assuming we didn't overpay.  We had Benjamin as the only starter caliber receiver and Kerley who was better suited as a 3 or 4.  After that, there was too many ifs and and buts at the position.    Hopefully Coleman can realize his potential here.

A late round pick surely doesnt sound like overpaying...