Is Zay Jones A “Lock” To Make The Roster

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

FTR, I edited out one line from Ittakestime’s response as a warning that we won’t tolerate rude comments like ‘what a dumb question’. 

#civility

No problem... I can see why someone would think it’s a dumb question on paper, but I really don’t think he’s as much of a lock as some think

9 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Druggies are always a risk of falling off the wagon.  So, he isn't a lock.....

.....well if you put it that way.

Football performance based along with draft position makes him a lock.

If Marcell Dareus was still on the team, in your scenario, he wouldn't be a lock either.

Lock. They are all in in their boys. 

11 minutes ago, jr1 said:

I think he's safe unless he has another incident

Local media today asked him to elaborate on the issue and he side stepped that question referring to not wanting to rehash the truama associated with the issue. Seems like he is doing good, but you never know. 

29 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

FTR, I edited out one line from Ittakestime’s response as a warning that we won’t tolerate rude comments like ‘what a dumb question’. 

#civility

#theresnosuchthingasadumbquestion

26 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Druggies are always a risk of falling off the wagon.  So, he isn't a lock.....

I was 22 once too. If cameras were always on me, I coulda done a lot worse. Give him a chance 

No. He’s going to be favored to make it, but a lock ? No way. That means he cannot possibly eff up enough to be traded or something else. Given his offseason and his ( brief) history of mental lapses , dropsies or whatever you call it he can’t be considered a lock. 

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do you think the Bills can swing a deal with Montreal to get Manziel for Jones 'even steven'?  If no, then Buffalo might as well keep him.

I wonder how the 'new' Johnny Football would fit into Coach McDermott's regimented system.

The new Johnny Football is about the same as the old Johnny Football, minus the drinking.

He sucks.

11 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Barring any unforeseen future breakdowns or discipline problems, he is absolutely a lock for the team.

Teams just don't part with 2nd round picks in their 2nd year with the team 

Barring any “ unforeseen ... problems” wasn’t the question. Could a Zay Jones problem now be considered “ unforeseen”? Due to his issues last season coupled with his offseason, he’s not a lock. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Barring any “ unforeseen ... problems” wasn’t the question. Could a Zay Jones problem now be considered “ unforeseen”? Due to his issues last season coupled with his offseason, he’s not a lock. 

Any unknown that happens in the future that we don't know about is unforeseen. I prefaced my statement with that because as it stands now, he's a lock to make the team.

If something else happens, then they'd have to factor it into their decision & evaluate whats best for the team at that point.

This whole thread is about predicting what will happen in the future. Given who our WR corps is right now, unless something happens he makes the team.

Does that make more sense to you now?

Just now, brianthomas said:

Any unknown that happens in the future that we don't know about is unforeseen. I prefaced my statement with that because as it stands now, he's a lock to make the team.

If something else happens, then they'd have to factor it into their decision & evaluate whats best for the team at that point.

This whole thread is about predicting what will happen in the future. Given who our WR corps is right now, unless something happens he makes the team.

Does that make more sense to you now?

Lol, I know what unforeseen means. But I’ll stand by my statement that any further issues with Jones may no longer qualify as unforeseen due to his past. I’ll agree that teams rarely move on from 2nd round picks in year two, but Jones just may be a different case, as we know. Therefore , he can’t be considered a “ lock”. He’s not exactly a 4 year vet with good production and a squeaky clean track record. 

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He's a lock to still be employed by the Bills.  If he's struggling I could see the team stashing him away for a while on IR.  

We don’t know with these guys in charge. The Whaley years are clearly over. Now, Jones wasn’t a Whaley guy so he’s got that going for him...which is nice.